Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Texas A&M

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 27, 2016, 05:28:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Atlhogfan1

Moses, Bell and Hannahs went 12-14 from the FT line.  Watkins 0-3 but he played a lot of minutes compared to normal. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Breems

A&M's offensive execution and shot selection was off most of the night. The TOs helped disrupt their flow. A good example of how pressure can disturb the opponent in ways other than steals.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

MemphisBossHog

hey, beating #5 no matter where it is is a good win.  Congrats Hogs.  Its like the announcer crew was saying.  Hogs could be 13-6 just as easily as 9-10 (before the game tonight).  Maybe this can be a win that the team can build upon.

Only ONE little teeny weeny item--please Hogs, work on those FTs.  Missed 8 of them tonight.  Things could be a little bit easier if they had made 4 or 5 of those 8 misses.  But overall, great job by the guys.  Proud of them.  WPS!!!

Let reel off 5 or 6 straight now!!!!

PonderinHog

Razorbacks#1

Knocking off the #5 team in the nation, awesome. Hope this is the confidence builder and a spring board to get us going the rest of the season. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

PonderinHog

Great call to get the ball in Dusty's hands at the end!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2016, 08:08:36 pm
A&M's offensive execution and shot selection was off most of the night. The TOs helped disrupt their flow. A good example of how pressure can disturb the opponent in ways other than steals.

A&M looked like a Bruce Pearl coached team. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ICEman

Those announcers definitely had a bulge for the Aggies.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 27, 2016, 08:02:35 pm
They got a good look.

to be honest, it really was a good look.  It was 3-4 feet behind the line--more like an NBA 3 pointer but it was a clear open look.  So glad he clanged it.

XavierZane

Great win!  The one smart thing either announcer said all night is that, with a young team like ours, their confidence is so up and down that a win like this can leave them thinking they can win any game.  I think our team is going to have some swagger for the rest of the season.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: XavierZane on January 27, 2016, 08:15:51 pm
Great win!  The one smart thing either announcer said all night is that, with a young team like ours, their confidence is so up and down that a win like this can leave them thinking they can win any game.  I think our team is going to have some swagger for the rest of the season.

I hope so.  Confidence is really important with a team like ARK (any team for that matter).  When the guys see a ball go thru the net, they want to redouble their defensive effort.  Beating a team like the Aggies might just be the confidence builder they need.  Lets hope so!!

Danny J

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 27, 2016, 08:12:35 pm
Great call to get the ball in Dusty's hands at the end!
It certainly was....I was hoping we would foul late but obviously glad we didn't.

HoopS

We made FT late, Hannahs did. And we didn't have a crucial turnover in the last half minute. If we could have executed like that all season, you're looking at wins over Mercer, Dayton, Stanford, Wake, LSU and Georgia. 16-4 wouldn't look bad.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 27, 2016, 08:06:44 pm
Larger question - have you cracked a homebrew, Hogsmo?

Man I am ashamed to say I floated my last keg during the Georgia game so I'm drinking, gasp.....store bought beer. :o

Gonna brew up a Porter next week though to replenish my stash.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

OperationRestoreHawgBall

I love how every time we give up on this team, they surprise us.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 27, 2016, 08:47:47 pm
Say it ain't so, Hogsmo! 

May your stash be replenished and plentiful!

Haha thanks man!

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

intelligence

I missed another game. In my defense, i was asleep after working late today.

razorbackfan4life

I had great seats.. 4 rows up. 

Hell of a game to go to.  Glad we got the win!  WPS!

nchogg

Watched on tv. The hogs finished last night. The only problem I had watching the game was the A&M uni's. The white collar really stuck out in a bad way. I hope our hogs never wear anything like that. Good game. Go Hogs!