Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on tonight?

Started by ke2743, January 27, 2016, 10:25:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ke2743

Honestly, I thought we had no chance for this game to be close.  However, the line is at Hogs +3.  What am I missing?

Hawg Red

Tyler Davis' status is up in the air. Maybe that's why. Otherwise I'd assume it's just that BWA is a tough place to win.

The Hogfather

Very similar to the UK line.  If we don't come out scared and have the refs not help put us in a hole early (like they did in the UK game), I think we'll keep it close, if not win outright.  If the 1st half is a repeat of what we saw against UK, Lord help us.

I honestly felt like our guys were intimidated/scared against Kentucky, for some reason.  They didn't look like they had the previous 4 games, where we beat Vandy, Miss State, Missouri, and had every chance @ LSU.

hogsanity

hogs either win or get blown out. Not sure they can handle another game where they play subpar and try just to hang within 8-10 points until making a run. Playing at home will help, but Texas A&M is for real. Davis' status is a wild card.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Danny J

I think it will be close one way or another

Paul

If they were scared of UK they should be mortified by A&M after getting punked by them earlier.  I for one don't think it'll be close

hawginbigd1

I think its close, don't think either side will have forgotten the last meeting.

Atlhogfan1

Do a better job defending the 3, getting our shooters open and taking care of the ball. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigture perfect

This team is a betting mans nightmare. Thank goodness I'm  not a gambling man.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razorhead94

Have the hogs ever lost back to back games in Bud Walton history?
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

hogsanity

Quote from: razorhead94 on January 27, 2016, 01:55:29 pm

i am sure they did in that Pel year when they went 2-14 in the sec.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: razorhead94 on January 27, 2016, 01:55:29 pm

Lost 3 in a row in Anderson's first season.

Avoided back to back last season with the OT win over Bama. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

GoHogs1091

Considering there has only been 2 Conference teams that have played A&M close, Mississippi State, who lost to A&M by only 1 point, and Florida, who lost to A&M by 3 points, I figure A&M will win tonight by around 12 to 15 points.

I hope that I am incorrect and that A&M doesn't win tonight, but they are ranked #5 in the nation for a reason.

cityhog

L. We most likely get behind by 15 early in the game and spend the rest of the game trying to get it to single digits. Lose by 10.

Hawg Red

A&M is due for a loss. Will we be up to the task? I hope so. Hope the crowd is big and loud. We can do it, just don't know if we will.

The only result of this game that would surprise me would be the Hogs blowing A&M out. That would be surprising. But again, they are due for a loss so maybe it happens.

ke2743

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 27, 2016, 01:50:08 pm
This team is a betting mans nightmare. Thank goodness I'm  not a gambling man.

Kind of why I was asking.  lol

elksnort

I don't think that the guys were scared against Kentucky as much as they were pressing (trying too hard).

Two things: Kingsley has to not be on the bench for almost a whole half.
                  Hannahs and Bell need to drain 3s.

I don't think that there is a team that our guys can't stay on the floor with in the entire NCAAs. College basketball just doesnt have any great teams.

TheRazorback500

It depends on if Caruso shows up or not. If he does, it's probably a butt-kicking. If we hold him in check, we have a chance.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hobhog

Not much of a home field advantage. BWA half full.....for #5 team in country...

Redbug

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2016, 06:01:10 pm
Looked closer to 1/3 or a 1/4 full...the complete lower bowl was sparsely populated...hopefully they were all still coming in from parking or waiting in line at concessions...

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

JRHoward

Great effort by the team tonight!  Best I have ever seen Manny play.  Congrats Hogs!  Wooo Pig!
Woooo Pig!

Danny J

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 27, 2016, 08:09:21 pm
Win.
Yep...figured it would be close but wasn't sure we could win a close one. Glad they did. Needed that in a bad way and should help us going forward. Need to win a close one on the road....Gainesville preferably.

Boardon Hamsay

We're bipolar. WPS, nonetheless.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

chiefhawg

Quote from: ke2743 on January 27, 2016, 10:25:05 am
Honestly, I thought we had no chance for this game to be close.  However, the line is at Hogs +3.  What am I missing?
Hogs 74 - A&m 71. Vegas gets it right again

Biggus Piggus

Only thing that made the game close was the free throw line, where aTm outscored the Hogs by 12.
[CENSORED]!

b_stackhouse

Quote from: chiefhawg on January 27, 2016, 08:15:17 pm
Hogs 74 - A&m 71. Vegas gets it right again

Vegas thought A&M would win by 3, not Arkansas.

TheRazorback500

Miles had 4 blocks in 9 minutes, Moses had 1 in 33. Wow
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hobhog on January 27, 2016, 06:01:10 pm

14k according to ESPN

pigture perfect

Key play to me was the Hannah's bucket on the inbound pass, with only 3 left on the shot clock.. Kind of a dagger to the heart on that one.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogwood

We just beat #5 in the nation, but have 10 losses. So painful. I hope we can get hot ASAP and close out these games. Playing like this we could easily be 15-5 right now. Ahhh... If we play this well we can win the SECT, which is still the only way I see us getting in.

daprospecta

Quote from: hogwood on January 28, 2016, 01:07:52 am
We just beat #5 in the nation, but have 10 losses. So painful. I hope we can get hot ASAP and close out these games. Playing like this we could easily be 15-5 right now. Ahhh... If we play this well we can win the SECT, which is still the only way I see us getting in.
With this win and a solid finish, it's looking like the NIT is definitely within reach.  I don't think we are out of the tourney yet but we'd have to get red hot right now. We have a lot of close losses which the committee gives more weight to than just a loss. What's funny is every game we have left on our schedule is winnable.  I don't mean winnable in a get lucky way either.  Outside of Florida, we will probably be either a favorite or a one to two point underdog in the remaining games.   I think we get in with 20 wins. 

hogs25

We would be if Nolan was the coach.  It's beyond obvious that Mike owes everything he has earned in life to NR.  No way in hell he'd be coaching major college basketball if it weren't for him.  He stands up the entire game.  Why?  End of the first half (and this is the first game I've really gotten into wish I would've DVR'd it but it's coming back on soon) but why in the hell was Hannah on the bench and Whitt dribbling the ball with Durham in the corner doing nothing?  You've got to have Bell and Hannah in the game at the same time and our PG Durham/Beard driving and dishing it out for a three.  Hannah is one of our best players on the team if not best but wasn't good enough out of HS in 2012 to earn a scholarship.  FWIW, we would've been a lot better if Kapita was on the team.  Did you know that Bell is the only player on the team from the 2012 class?

lefty08

Quote from: hogs25 on January 28, 2016, 01:40:25 am
We would be if Nolan was the coach.  It's beyond obvious that Mike owes everything he has earned in life to NR.  No way in hell he'd be coaching major college basketball if it weren't for him.  He stands up the entire game.  Why?  End of the first half (and this is the first game I've really gotten into wish I would've DVR'd it but it's coming back on soon) but why in the hell was Hannah on the bench and Whitt dribbling the ball with Durham in the corner doing nothing?  You've got to have Bell and Hannah in the game at the same time and our PG Durham/Beard driving and dishing it out for a three.  Hannah is one of our best players on the team if not best but wasn't good enough out of HS in 2012 to earn a scholarship.  FWIW, we would've been a lot better if Kapita was on the team.  Did you know that Bell is the only player on the team from the 2012 class?

LOL
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogimus Prime

I really didn't think the Hogs played all that great.  I mean it wasn't like they came out playing out of their minds hitting every shot they put up.  They played relaxed and didn't seem to tighten up toward the end.  They acted like they had been there before.

azhog10

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 28, 2016, 06:44:29 am
I really didn't think the Hogs played all that great.  I mean it wasn't like they came out playing out of their minds hitting every shot they put up.  They played relaxed and didn't seem to tighten up toward the end.  They acted like they had been there before.
Maybe, but DH had another blunder of a turnover under a minute to go. He really needs to cut down on his turnovers in crunch time or we are going to lose a few more close ones. The pass he tried to make to Bell I think or whoever it was, was just plain dumb. It almost cost us but luckily TAMU turned it over back to us in transition.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: azhog10 on January 28, 2016, 08:15:28 am
Maybe, but DH had another blunder of a turnover under a minute to go. He really needs to cut down on his turnovers in crunch time or we are going to lose a few more close ones. The pass he tried to make to Bell I think or whoever it was, was just plain dumb. It almost cost us but luckily TAMU turned it over back to us in transition.

DH does make some questionable at the end of games. Not sure if its lack or experience or what

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on January 28, 2016, 06:44:29 am

I thought they played very well except for one 3 or 4 minute span about midway through the 1st half.