Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eddie, Nolan, and Mike

Started by WilsonHog, January 24, 2016, 10:15:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Pork Twain on January 28, 2016, 10:55:17 am
Well I agree completely and this is why I think we should not compare MA to Nolan and Eddie, as I stated in my first response to this thread, but if we ARE going to, lets be honest about what we are looking at.

Sorry.  I must have missed the other post.  Agree.

I guess this is where I am with MA:
I think we're heading in the right direction.
I think we're in better shape overall than when he took over.
I think the Hog brand is better perceived by outside coaches and players now vs when he took over.
I'm not sure MA can recruit at a level to get us to being a consistent top 20 team.
I doubt he'll win a NC here.
I'm not sure there's not a better candidate out there somewhere.

Now the problems are as follows as I see them:
Should we be willing to jeopardize are steady, overall improvement by making a change?
Who would we get that we could be pretty sure is an upgrade?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Hoggish1

Tell me which coach or coaches have gone 823 or 821 in the past?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: azhog10 on January 28, 2016, 10:00:02 am
What did he do with Portis? You said you you choose to give credit to the coach for his signees but yet you leave out the last McDonald's All American that we have signed, from this state......I'd say I'm shocked but I'd be lying.
Your point is taken. That wasn't really the intention.
I do agree, yes, that he absolutely gets credit for Portis. The general opinion is that Bobby was all Hog, meaning he would have come here if Donald Trump were the coach. But I stick to my opinion: a coach should get credit for his signees no matter the situation because these guys always have other options.

The reason I listed Monk is two-fold:
1)Monk is generally regarded as the best Arkansas player since Corliss.
2)He's burning on everyone's mind right now, a huge disappointment. A recent event.

That was all.

HognitiveDissonance

And I should have said also:

3)The whole situation with Monk. Moving to NWA, playing for Bentonville, family ties, brother was a Hog hero, brother was a bball player as well, was tied to the staff, etc.

Just very, very disappointing.

I'm very disappointed in both our recruiters and also Monk himself. Takes a lot of nerve to consider all the above and go sign with the Hogs' arch rival. A LOT of nerve.