Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville updated to latest version of forum software

Started by Doug, July 30, 2015, 10:41:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Three years and 15 version updates later (no joke there), I've finally updated the Hogville forums to the latest version, which will open up a few things for us:

Mobile theme will be in place TOMORROW (also affects Hogville App)
Search WILL be making its return, HOWEVER, you will need 50+ posts in order to use it.
Social media integration (Facebook like, Twitter Share, Google+, plus embed Tweets) will be coming as soon as a few bugs are fixed with those software packages.
Other things (not being mentioned yet).

There's a few new features available, HOWEVER, you will have to go hunting for them. :)

If you come across any bugs, please post them in the HELP forum. ALWAYS look to see if anyone else is reporting a similar bug, or if I've answered (or asked for feedback).

Okay, since some haven't read this entire post... I'll spell it out here as well as below..

If you use this thread to file bug reports, I'll simply remove the post and will ignore your bug report until you follow my request in the first post. :)

Be sure to read the upper most STICKIED thread in the help forum. You might find that your bug has already been reported (in that case, I don't need a second report).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

If you'd blow up the tavern then you'd have a first class message board.

Oklahawg

Great Work, Bear.

HV has been a labor of love for you!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jmb1973

Quote from: Doug on July 30, 2015, 10:41:12 pm
Three years and 15 version updates later (no joke there), I've finally updated the Hogville forums to the latest version, which will open up a few things for us:

Mobile theme will be in place TOMORROW (also affects Hogville App)
Search WILL be making its return, HOWEVER, you will need 50+ posts in order to use it.
Social media integration (Facebook like, Twitter Share, Google+, plus embed Tweets) will be coming as soon as a few bugs are fixed with those software packages.
Other things (not being mentioned yet).

There's a few new features available, HOWEVER, you will have to go hunting for them. :)

If you come across any bugs, please post them in the HELP forum. ALWAYS look to see if anyone else is reporting a similar bug, or if I've answered (or asked for feedback).

Thanks Doug!!Will you be instituting an IQ test for posting privileges? I only ask because I don't want to lose my ability to post.

snoblind

PonderinHog

So, we can now use the report to moderator button in the politics forum ???

Yippeeeeeeeeee!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 30, 2015, 11:39:58 pm
So, we can now use the report to moderator button in the politics forum ???

Yippeeeeeeeeee!

Doug

Quote from: Break & RunI noticed right off that the breadcrumb at the bottom of the thread has all the admins listed. It used to not be that way. Can yall fix that??
So, what you're saying is that, despite my request to open a new thread in the help forum, you're a God amongst us mere mortals? (tongue in cheek comment here, haha! Got that fixed, but please do open up a new thread in the help forum for any other issue you find).
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Break & Run

Sorry, I guess I didn't read that last paragraph of your post. LOL
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I'd recommend a "smite list" button.  That way I could smite everyone on my list with a single mash of the button.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Doug

Okay, since some haven't read my entire first post... I'll spell it out here as well as in the first post.

If you use this thread to file bug reports, I'll simply remove the post and will ignore your bug report until you follow my request in the first post. :)

Be sure to read the upper most STICKIED thread in the help forum. You might find that your bug has already been reported (in that case, I don't need a second report).
--Doug

ChitownHawg

July 31, 2015, 05:36:26 pm #13 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:56:43 pm by ChitownHawg
iPad looks great in the mobile version. But habits are hard to break and I switched to the desktop view.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

ArkRazr

ChemEHawg

Very very cool. Will continue to use the desktop version while in wifi though. Just too pretty!  :razorback:

Thanks for all the work Doug
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

bigdaddyhawg

The mobile version is awesome!! Thanks guys for that effort.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

reddogjcss

reddogjcss