Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Enos: "We Have Big Chunk Plays"

Started by Mike Irwin, July 28, 2015, 10:48:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

For the most part Razorback Football fans have embraced the power running game head coach Bret Bielema brought with him from Wisconsin in 2013. Many talk with pride about Arkansas' massive offensive line which bullied several opponents in the 2014 season. However, that strategy was not as effective in SEC play which begs the obvious question for 2015: What about having the ability to strike quickly when needed with an offense that can do more than just grind the ball?

Enter new offensive coordinator Dan Enos who revealed to sports talk radio host Bo Mattingly that Arkansas will have what he called "big chunk plays in the game plan" for this coming season.
-------------------------
To read more and to view the video version click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/enos-we-have-big-chunk-plays

Josh Goforth

Very encouraging to hear Enos talk about Reed and how he fits in the offense. Those chunk plays are such an important aspect. Picking up 15-20+ on a freebie deep ball 2nd an 3 around midfield changes things.
Mike this is awesome stuff thanks for what you do.

Hawgzinbowlz

I think we'll see an improved deep threat this season. Throwing the deep ball gets the attention of the defense and catching the deep ball will help open the field up for the underneath routes.

" GO HOGS "

The Kig

The fact that most teams view us as a run first, run second type team changes the alignment and focus of the safeties and often the LBs. There will be holes that Enos can take advantage of.  If BA and the WRs make the plays, we could very well see big "chunks" of yards in the passing game.  If the D shifts, then we could see big gainers in the run game.   Rinse and repeat...
Poker Porker

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

MikePiazza

Didn't John L. say something about huge chunks of land when he was an assistant here?
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: MikePiazza on July 29, 2015, 11:26:21 am
Didn't John L. say something about huge chunks of land when he was an assistant here?
I think those chunks of land were in Kentucky and they bankrupted him...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

You got it all wrong , it was huge chunks of cash he owed on some land...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hawgzinbowlz

Who?

" GO HOGS "

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

sowmonella

He thought he was in Alabama.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ATLHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 29, 2015, 11:28:32 am
HAHAHAHAHAAAA +1

Hog1952

I love big chunk plays added with running the ball down their throats!!

Tyro3

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: PonderinHog on July 29, 2015, 11:28:32 am
Brilliant
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

staffhog

Thanks for the good stuff we are all craving, especially we out=of-staters.  You, my man, are certainly filling the shoes big time.  When I was a young man it was Bud Campbell and Orville.  The media has changed but not the job.  Keep digging those nuggets up and WPS

Hog N Bama

Love me some Mike Irwin news! There are going to be some very tired opposing defenses by 4th quarter.... or should I say, by halftime? WPS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

younghog

GO HOGS

wildturkey8

Well keeping the ball is great but you have to score touchdowns to win. 

DeltaBoy

I'm ready to see what the Team does.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.