Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well Oklahawg, watched ORU and your boy

Started by Razorod, March 08, 2005, 08:01:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Scott Sutton. He'll be a good coach, but don't think he's ready yet for high-major. He needs to move up a little--say a Tulsa, but I don't think he's the one at this point. Maybe down the road.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

doubleH

Scott said he wasn't interested in the Tulsa job a few weeks ago.

Oklahawg

Sutton sure nutted up last night, didn't he? The EPSN boys were trying to spin it that Oakland had played such a great non-conference sked. Hogwash. They were the #7 seed in a conference with only one decent team, ORU. If the sked had helped they would have won the conference.

Home crowd for a tourney, too. How can you screw that up? It helped the women's team (#4) seed win the tournament.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

But, despite Sutton's showing, didn't you feel that ORU had a better gameplan than what Heath trots out for the Hogs?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Calvin N Hawgs

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 09, 2005, 11:30:49 am
But, despite Sutton's showing, didn't you feel that ORU had a better gameplan than what Heath trots out for the Hogs?

Yes they did.  Did you see they way the guys without the ball ....even though they were on offense...moved around, set picks, and ran the baseline?  Where do they learn that stuff?