Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Tyson Gay's daughter is killed in Lexington restaurant shooting

Started by jbcarol, October 16, 2016, 11:17:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Michael_Carvell 5m5 minutes ago

Report: Sprinter Tyson Gay's daughter dies after shooting

QuoteWKYT-27:     Lexington police say they responded to a call of shots fired at the Cook Out restaurant on South Broadway just before 4 a.m.

Police say people in two cars exchanged gunfire, then drove away.

Officials say Gay was taken to UK Hospital with a gunshot wound to her neck. Police say she was not in either car.

I saw her run track when she was just a kid.  Punch in the gut.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hoglady

This should be moved to MMQB.
Not football related - but a tragedy for the Razorback family.
So very sad.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

kellyc1925

PorkSoda

wow, that is so sad.  prayers for his family
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

RebelliousHog

This is a crying shame. I read more about today. She was in a restaurant
and had just tweeted something about gunfire outside.

RANT COMING
Where is Black Lives Matter?  Where is Obama? Where is Al Sharpton? Where is Jesse Jackson?

Where are these POSes on the fact that over 90% of young black people are killed by OTHER black people. 

This is just so sad to have a young life snuffed out by thugs and the people who could actually say and/or do something DON'T.

So sad.   It angers me

My heart goes out to TG and his family.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: kellyc1925 on October 17, 2016, 02:25:55 pm
No idea where this should go...  Mods please move to appropriate place.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/olympic-sprinter-tyson-gays-15-160400205.html

It's very sad.  However my first thought was "why is a child that young out at that time of the morning?".  That really bothers me.

kodiakisland

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on October 17, 2016, 08:42:11 pm
It's very sad.  However my first thought was "why is a child that young out at that time of the morning?".  That really bothers me.

Yeah, 15 year old at 4AM.  Could be a very good reason.  As a parent though that jumps out at you.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HiggiePiggy

That was the question I was wondering. It is sad and I wish these things wouldn't happen.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 17, 2016, 09:00:56 pm
Yeah, 15 year old at 4AM.  Could be a very good reason.  As a parent though that jumps out at you.
As they say, nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Another old saying: snakes crawl at night.

Could go on.

Regardless, a tragic situation.

daprospecta

Quote from: HenduHog on October 17, 2016, 08:17:32 pm

RANT COMING
Where is Black Lives Matter?  Where is Obama? Where is Al Sharpton? Where is Jesse Jackson?

Where are these POSes on the fact that over 90% of young black people are killed by OTHER black people. 

This is just so sad to have a young life snuffed out by thugs and the people who could actually say and/or do something DON'T.

So sad.   It angers me

Where is Black Lives Matter?
Black Lives Matters only applies to transgressions of cops against African Americans. 

Where is Obama? Where is Al Sharpton? Where is Jesse Jackson?
The last two only come out when their is a story to be had(not so much lately since the AA community isn't really digging either one now). Obama rarely speaks on this type of violence on an incident basis.

This is one that needs to die simply because in every ethnicity, majority of the killing of that ethnicity is done by............................that ethnicity. Blacks kill blacks. Whites kill whites.  On and on.

This a sad situation. Wrong place, wrong time. I couldn't imagine losing my daughter like this.

The Big O Oliver Squeeler

Some of you act just plain stoopid. 
Tyson Gay lost a child.  Prayers from me to him and his family.  I can't imagine the pain
he's going through.  I bet he'd trade anything to get his kid back. 
People are quick to lend their judgement when they don't have any skin in the game.  Show some humility.

Pork Twain

My thoughts exactly, any innocent life lost is one too many.  I feel awful for the family but why was she out at this time and where is all of the outcry?  The media is running this show.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

popcornhog

RANT COMING

So sad.   It angers me

Jesus dude, way to politicize a very sad and senseless loss of life.

WPS

hoglady

I just can't even imagine the pain her parents are feeling.
Hope they bury the guys responsible for this.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tejano Jawg

What's the latest with this? I just saw on an ESPN crawler—sandwiched right between an NFL and a baseball note—where a 4TH suspect was taken in. Sounds like they're onto something.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/WKYT/status/789107858222833665

QuoteLexington Police have charged 20-year-old Lamonte A. Williams with wanton endangerment. He is being held in the Fayette County Detention Center.

Trinity Gay, daughter of Olympian and Lexington native Tyson Gay, was shot to death outside of the Cook Out restaurant on South Broadway in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Chazerae Taylor and D'markeo Taylor are both charged with wanton endangerment. They bonded out of jail on Wednesday.

A third man arrested in the case, 21-year-old Dvonta Middlebrooks, is still in jail. Police charged Middlebrooks with wanton endangerment and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

When announcing Williams's arrest, Lexington Police said in a news release, "This investigation remains active and is still in the early stages. In order to better determine the sequence of events that led to the victim's death, investigators continue to gather forensic, digital, testimonial and other evidence. Evidence collected will be sent to the Kentucky State Police crime lab for further analysis..."

hoglady

Man - I wish some weren't so quick to just judge on this.
I was 15 - I had a daughter that was 15.
Teenage girls have a real knack for not being where they are supposed to be or where you think they are.
Some of you may find this out year's later when and if your daughter decides to tell you some of her high school shenanigans.
Or there could have been a slumber party and a parent took the kids to eat in the middle of the night.
It sounds pretty innocent to me - a young girl eating at a popular fast food restaurant just off the Kentucky campus.
No one is responsible for her death but the people shooting the guns.

jackflash

this is something you can never understand. my prayers  go to the family

donbro

RANT COMING

So sad.   It angers me

You are showing your ignorance. Why is black lives matter needed.  The individuals who committed this crime have been arrested, they will be tried and convicted. There is no injustice justice was served.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: donbro on October 20, 2016, 01:20:21 pm
You are showing your ignorance. Why is black lives matter needed.  The individuals who committed this crime have been arrested, they will be tried and convicted. There is no injustice justice was served.

Not sure you understood exactly what he was trying to say...and if you don't see injustice in this then I'm not sure what to say...

donbro

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on October 20, 2016, 01:47:45 pm
Not sure you understood exactly what he was trying to say...and if you don't see injustice in this then I'm not sure what to say...
Please explain to me where you see the injustice.