Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Oklahoma a top 10 job?

Started by hogz11, October 06, 2016, 09:27:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

A friend and I both think Bob Stoops is on the way out. Then we got in an argument about if Oklahoma is a top 10 job. I think it is, but I'll try to name 10 schools that have a better job as a HC. Again, it's about the job itself.......not how they've been doing lately. In no particular order.....

Texas
Alabama
Florida
LSU
Florida State
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Notre Dame

That's 9.........I think the 10th spot would go to Oklahoma. I just don't see the schools like Georgia, Tennessee, USC, Miami, etc being better head coaching jobs than Oklahoma. Thoughts?

nationwish

For all the talk about how Texas is the best job in the nation, they don't seem to have a lot of championships. I think people overrate the built-in recruiting of some jobs and underrate the other intangible aspects like booster or administration support or meddling. I realize that Texas is among the elite programs for all-time wins. But Longhorn fans seem to expect an elite number of championships, also, and Texas is not at the top of that list. I think you need to know why that is before you say it is the best job in the country.

bob slydell

I think USC is a better job than Oklahoma.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

clutch

I'd put USC and Oklahoma ahead of Penn State for sure. There's actually quite a few jobs I'd put ahead of Penn State now. Oklahoma is probably somewhere in the top 10 though. Probably put them somewhere towards the bottom half though.