Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bobby Petrino

Started by Youngsta71701, October 02, 2016, 07:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Will all the Bobby Petrino worshippers please stand up. I'm just saying I haven't heard much since they lost yesterday. Sorry I couldn't resist. ;D
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

JaketheSnake

If he had won, it would be a nightmare on here.

3kgthog

They'll still end up with a better record than we will.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 02, 2016, 07:05:25 pm
Playing in the ACC.

Youngsta71701

tophawg19

I'm A fan of both BP and CBB . I love watching a Great offense in action. I liked CBB when he was at Wisconsin and was a bit surprised when he came . I think Enos has one of those great minds too. The one thing that made CBP great is his attention to every detail . still waiting to see if Enos does as well ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

a0ashle

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 02, 2016, 07:04:05 pm
If he had won, it would be a nightmare on here.

It would be Hogville turned Card-ville. (Louisville was too on point)

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 02, 2016, 07:05:25 pm

What's this "we" chit, pincushion?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

a0ashle

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 02, 2016, 07:13:04 pm
I'm A fan of both BP and CBB . I love watching a Great offense in action. I liked CBB when he was at Wisconsin and was a bit surprised when he came . I think Enos has one of those great minds too. The one thing that made CBP great is his attention to every detail . still waiting to see if Enos does as well ?

Not every detail, only the ones he felt were important . I bet CBB does more of the little things than CBP.

NuttinItUp

They are both good coaches. Glad with the one we got, though.

tophawg19

i don't see why you guys think people can't like both .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 02, 2016, 07:12:09 pm
Playing in the ACC.

You realize that conference has the same amount of ranked teams as the sec does right? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 02, 2016, 07:16:32 pm
I personally like both. I just get tired of the so called true Razorback fans coming on here praising Petrino and putting him on a pedestal every week saying he shouldn't have been fired and dogging our coaches especially Coach B every time they win and we lose. That's my only problem with the whole thing.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 02, 2016, 07:18:51 pm
You realize that conference has the same amount of ranked teams as the sec does right?
Are they better than the SEC West year in and year out?

Lake City Hog

Most of them feel like jilted teenage girls! They hate him, but cannot keep from talking about him.
I appreciate what Petrino did for Arkansas.
I remember the good things Nutt did for Arkansas.
I really appreciate the foundation that Danny Ford laid for Nutt.
Kenny was one of our best, just a bit too stubborn.
Regardless of how BB leaves or when, I will always remember the classics that he gave us.

I'm not like these jilted little teenage girls, I can appreciate more than one coach. And like little teenage girls often do, these same guys will start similar threads about BB when he is gone.

a0ashle

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 02, 2016, 07:23:29 pm
Most of them feel like jilted teenage girls! They hate him, but cannot keep from talking about him.
Regardless of how BB leaves or when, I will always remember the classics that he gave us.

I'm not like these jilted little teenage girls, I can appreciate more than one coach. And like little teenage girls often do, these same guys will start similar threads about BB when he is gone.

Do you appreciate 2012 season? Because that was CBP fallout. There is no room for any respect when someone's actions puts a program in shambles like we were. I'll pass on the CBP love, as any true fan of the Razorbacks should.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 02, 2016, 07:20:35 pm
Are they better than the SEC West year in and year out?

I'm pretty sure past years don't mean much for this season. 

Every year is different.  LSU, auburn, and Mississippi State are not looking good this year so far.  Ole miss is unknown.  Alabama and A&M are the only two that look really good in the west.  West division is on a decline.

Dr. Starcs

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 02, 2016, 07:20:05 pm
I personally like both. I just get tired of the so called true Razorback fans coming on here praising Petrino and putting him on a pedestal every week saying he shouldn't have been fired and dogging our coaches especially Coach B every time they win and we lose. That's my only problem with the whole thing.
This

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 02, 2016, 08:20:18 pm
^^^

Hugger alert.

lol ok.  So that is what you do?  I thought you were better than that. Guess not.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 02, 2016, 07:36:02 pm
I'm pretty sure past years don't mean much for this season. 

Every year is different.  LSU, auburn, and Mississippi State are not looking good this year so far.  Ole miss is unknown.  Alabama and A&M are the only two that look really good in the west.  West division is on a decline.
We can agree on that. But I think from top to bottom the SEC is still better than the ACC. JMO...

Buff

They think they're some sort of damn super-fan by hating on Bobby.  Jilted lover syndrome.

Dr. Starcs

Sorry Higgie.

I'm a little irritated tonight over my fantasy teams performance. Lol

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 02, 2016, 09:06:44 pm
Sorry Higgie.

I'm a little irritated tonight over my fantasy teams performance. Lol

Lol. It's all good. I got a grand total of 1 point from my 2 receivers today.  Lucky for me my opponent sucked more.  I really need to get some new receivers. 

Inhogswetrust

Not sure how one can like someone that did what he did to our program everywhere but in the W/L tally.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

KY Hog Man

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 03, 2016, 07:29:18 am
Not sure how one can like someone that did what he did to our program everywhere but in the W/L tally.

Someday you'll realize that Long had a big part in destroying the program ( John L.) 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: KY Hog Man on October 03, 2016, 09:27:37 am
Someday you'll realize that Long had a big part in destroying the program ( John L.)
Who should have been the interim coach? Just curious.

JaketheSnake

We didnt have a lot of options lining up.  It was going to be John L or Paul Petrino. John L had been a P5 HC and the seniors came to JLong for that type of situation.  We all knew it wouldnt be the same, but no one could see how bad it was going to get. 

Inhogswetrust

Perhaps someday you'll look back and realize Long has done a damn good job..............except based on your posts you probably won't.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 03, 2016, 09:42:07 am
Who should have been the interim coach? Just curious.

Nobody.  Should not have been one. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Lake City Hog on October 02, 2016, 07:23:29 pm

What's your deal with all the teenage girl talk. That entire comment was strange and kinda scary.
Let's make some waves.

Silver Hog

Let's make some waves.

wildhogman

Quote from: Silver Hog on October 30, 2016, 03:05:34 pm
Go Bobby #5 team!
Yup. I hope he make the playoffs. It will be fun to watch him go against Bama again. And this time I wont have a stake in the game.  But judging how Clemson handled his offense this year, I do not think bobby will improve on his record vs bama

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: wildhogman on October 30, 2016, 06:24:56 pm
Yup. I hope he make the playoffs. It will be fun to watch him go against Bama again. And this time I wont have a stake in the game.  But judging how Clemson handled his offense this year, I do not think bobby will improve on his record vs bama

Might not.  Many teams have lost to Alabama over the last few years. 

How did Bret do?
Let's make some waves.

Good thing he didnt lose ro auburn by 53.
Let's make some waves.

wildhogman

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 03, 2016, 10:52:51 pm
How did Bret do?

Now Jeff. what in the world of needle point and bowling does Bret have to do with how Certain peoples hero CBP did against Bama?  Bout as much as regular gasoline has to do with launching a space shuttle.
Bigger question and one that should interest certain gamblers. How much longer will CBP stay with Louisville. Wonder what the over/under is on that question

wildhogman

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 03, 2016, 10:56:34 pm
Good thing he didnt lose ro auburn by 53.
No he lost to texas  52-10 in the midst of 3, count them 3 blow out losses.  Ofcourse the cupboard was bare thanks to Nutt not recruiting or worrying about defense

Buff

Quote from: wildhogman on November 04, 2016, 07:28:11 am
No he lost to texas  52-10 in the midst of 3, count them 3 blow out losses.  Ofcourse the cupboard was bare thanks to Nutt not recruiting or worrying about defense

In year 1, with that little talent and a brand new coaching staff and system, those 3 losses didn't bother me.  But dang it, Nutt left that cupboard less than empty.

wildhogman

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 03, 2016, 10:52:51 pm
How did Bret do?
Bret did something no other coach could do since we joined the sec, and that includes your precious booby. He beat Florida. 

Wild Bill Hog

Bobby seems to be doing pretty well.

wildhogman

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 06, 2016, 02:21:31 am
Bobby seems to be doing pretty well.
Yeah, he reminds me of the Nutt. Always doing well, but letting the ones that really matter slip away. Bama 4 times. LSU. Aubbie. And this year Clemson. Beat Clemson and they were a shoe-in for the playoffs. But he just keeps letting those games slip away. Just like a Nutt

talley

Quote from: wildhogman on November 06, 2016, 09:29:15 am
Yeah, he reminds me of the Nutt. Always doing well, but letting the ones that really matter slip away. Bama 4 times. LSU. Aubbie. And this year Clemson. Beat Clemson and they were a shoe-in for the playoffs. But he just keeps letting those games slip away. Just like a Nutt

His last two years at Arkansas his only losses were to teams that were ranked number one at some time during the season. Two of those losses came to the best defensive teams in probably 25 years in college football and then cam newton. Let's not act like the man isn't a great coach who did things here that haven't been done since the likes of holtz. You can clown on his character but not his coaching.

Not to mention he is NOTHING like nutt. He literally never lost a game here he was favored in. Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about and are a little butthurt

IronHog

Quote from: wildhogman on November 06, 2016, 09:29:15 am

wrong post is wrong

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

wildhogman

Quote from: talley on November 06, 2016, 09:34:31 am
His last two years at Arkansas his only losses were to teams that were ranked number one at some time during the season. Two of those losses came to the best defensive teams in probably 25 years in college football and then cam newton. Let's not act like the man isn't a great coach who did things here that haven't been done since the likes of holtz. You can clown on his character but not his coaching.

Not to mention he is NOTHING like nutt. He literally never lost a game here he was favored in. Sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about and are a little butthurt
If I am butthurt as you say it has nothing to do with the boob man and everything to do with so called fans(some in this very thread) spouting off how my beloved hogs will never rise again because firing the great boobman and hiring(insert any coach) has condemned us to mediocre for ever, for ever, for ever. 
Ya know. if the hogs never won another game I would still cher for them, still follow their recruiting stil wear my hog gear. That's what fans do. They S-U-P-P-O-R-T their team.  A lot of people(some of them again in this thread) would have you believe the most important job of a fan is to p***, whine, moan and complain.

wildhogman

Quote from: IronHog on November 06, 2016, 04:08:27 pm

wrong post is wrong

How is it wrong? What game that mattered did he win? Tell me exactly where they are hiding the BCS championship trophy at the UA?  man wins a lot of games. Man loses the one that says "I have arrived".  No rings on his fingers.

IronHog

Quote from: wildhogman on November 06, 2016, 04:36:19 pm
How is it wrong? What game that mattered did he win? Tell me exactly where they are hiding the BCS championship trophy at the UA?  man wins a lot of games. Man loses the one that says "I have arrived".  No rings on his fingers.

He's been there with a chance.  His 2011 squad was a NC contender most years.....

Nutt was never in the conversation.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

wildhogman

Quote from: IronHog on November 06, 2016, 05:31:41 pm

He's been there with a chance.  His 2011 squad was a NC contender most years.....

Nutt was never in the conversation.
Look let me say from the start I am NO Nutty fan. That guy is just bonkers(to use old school terms). But your reviosnist history is pathetic. Never in the conversation?  Really?  So we are in an alternate universe and 1998 never happened?  Thank god for this. Now stoerner wont have to keep having nightmares about the stumble fumble that cost us the tenn. game and a real shot at going all the way. Yeah even the Nutt came close. but like Booby petered out in the end. 

Quote from: wildhogman on November 04, 2016, 07:28:11 am

And was nowhere near favored or expected to be close in those games.
Let's make some waves.