Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meanwhile, Louisville

Started by LRrazorback, October 01, 2016, 08:00:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRrazorback

Petrino making typical Petrino adjustments and moving the ball on this Clemson blitz. Beautiful!

Hawgphish

loved that third and 2 call....he does have stones.

hogfanmd

Bobby P....on ABC.....makes it look as easy as 1,2,3. 

hogcard1964

BigSexyHog

Big Louisville fan tonight.   Hope they destroy Clemson
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

dhizzle

So did he just not like defense when he was at Arkansas or is Charlies defensive players pretty good?

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogpc

I like their QB, would like to see them beat Clemson.

RazorPiggie

Honestly, who gives a sh*t? He's a POS and isn't the coach here.

3kgthog

Quote from: dhizzle on October 01, 2016, 08:04:57 pm
So did he just not like defense when he was at Arkansas or is Charlies defensive players pretty good?

Look at our defense now. It's about the same against decent teams! Swiss cheese.

hogcard1964

Quote from: farmhawg on October 01, 2016, 08:05:31 pm
Why start this crap again?

1) We made a mistake
2) He's not coming back
3) Move along

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 01, 2016, 08:07:43 pm
1) He made a mistake
2) He's not coming back
3) Move along

FIFY, you're welcome!
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

hogfanmd

It's pretty amazing how fast the college football world has forgotten the dumpster fire he left in NW Arkansas.   
We are definitely in a "winning cures everything" society.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 01, 2016, 08:07:25 pm
who gives a sh;t about a top 5 matchup in primetime?? ALL REAL FOOTBALL FANS, MAN!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

colbs

Smokehouse

Ding ding ding.

Clemson's offense has looked out of sorts most of the season too. Weird considering all the consistency they have from last season. Maybe a championship loss hangover impacted their offseason preparation.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Gonzo

His defenses improved in pts allowed every year and in yards allowed 3 out of 4 years at Arkansas. The "BP doesn't like/play/care for defense" diatribe is just noise, plenty of that on both side of the argument. Helluva coach, very fallible person, nothing but history as far as the Arkansas program goes. Hopefully BB or any Hog HC has them back to similar, or greater, success soon.

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

Hawgphish

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 01, 2016, 08:13:41 pm
who gives a sh;t about a top 5 matchup in primetime?? ALL REAL FOOTBALL FANS, MAN!!
this

hogfanmd

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 01, 2016, 08:12:33 pm
Winning has cured everything since there was winning and losing.

Very true. 

Petrino didn't have the defense he has today when he coached for us.  He may have learned to stop the ego crap and recruit or he likely has a budget better than he had when he coached for us. 

I could see the Clemson defense sitting that up by cheating down for the run.  Petrino will make you pay.  Best college playcaller I ever saw, hands down.

hogfanmd

Quote from: farmhawg on October 01, 2016, 08:05:31 pm
Why start this crap again?

We are arkansas fans. We live for this.    I'm surprised I haven't seen a "we should have hired jimmy Johnson" post lately. Bobby p let us move on from that one. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

dhizzle

Meanwhile pb is still a dorkhead.

LRrazorback

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2016, 08:18:55 pm
Petrino didn't have the defense he has today when he coached for us.  He may have learned to stop the ego crap and recruit or he likely has a budget better than he had when he coached for us. 

I could see the Clemson defense sitting that up by cheating down for the run.  Petrino will make you pay.  Best college playcaller I ever saw, hands down.

Also best game manager. I don't ever remember discussing clock management decisions or play calling when he was coach, because he was right most of the time.

wachhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 01, 2016, 08:13:41 pm
Plus I have not heard one sportscaster mention his personal past. A lot of talk about his coaching, though.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

XavierZane

This game is spinning out of control for Louisville.  Something BP knows well.  :)

wildhogman

Quote from: 12247 on October 01, 2016, 08:18:55 pm

How is that working out now for Coach easy rider?

Atlhogfan1

wachhog

Quote from: BigSexyHog on October 01, 2016, 08:04:40 pm
Big Louisville fan tonight.   Hope they destroy Clemson
Me, too. A genius coach is a thing of beauty. Dabo isn't half bad either. Funny that I have not heard one of the sportscasters mention how foolish Louisville was to hire him back. Have heard nothing about all the disgrace he has brought to the school, how all the high school coaches won't let him on campus, how some bowl won't ever let his team darken their stadium. Funny how that works.

wachhog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on October 01, 2016, 08:07:25 pm
Come on, Cards.
Have told you lately that you belong in a hog sty? I can smell you from the east coast.

wachhog

Think Bobby could give Brett lessons on how to build an offensive line?

Dr. Starcs

That oline has given up 5 or 6 sacks tonight.

Dr. Starcs

And auburn nearly beat them.

Dr. Starcs

5 turnovers, you don't deserve to win and probably don't deserve a #5 ranking.

The Boar War

Quote from: LRrazorback on October 01, 2016, 08:25:32 pm
Also best game manager. I don't ever remember discussing clock management decisions or play calling when he was coach, because he was right most of the time.

Oh it was around.  Every time we lost MMQB would be filled with threads about how we can't run the ball, we can't play defense, or we don't belong in the SEC.

Atlhogfan1

Petrino now 5-13 vs top 10 teams(3-5 at UL)
Petrino 15-23 vs top 25 (5-11 at UL and 1-6 since he came back to UL)

hoglady

That Clemson crowd was amazing - better and louder than just about any SEC crowd.
I was shocked at the noise level.
I sure wouldn't want to play against them at their place in a game of that magnitude.
Tough place to play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on October 02, 2016, 11:34:15 am
That Clemson crowd was amazing - better and louder than just about any SEC crowd.
I was shocked at the noise level.
I sure wouldn't want to play against them at their place in a game of that magnitude.
Tough place to play.

That stadium was like that in the 80s when Ford had it rolling.  They had the epic matchup with FSU in Death Valley back then.  Clemson has always been an SEC program in terms of football emphasis and support and home environment getting to play an ACC schedule.  They are like Auburn's twin IMO just NE of the Atl metro area vs SW like AU. 

Washington's home atmosphere is another good one to see return. 

colbs

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 02, 2016, 12:15:49 am
Petrino now 5-13 vs top 10 teams(3-5 at UL)
Petrino 15-23 vs top 25 (5-11 at UL and 1-6 since he came back to UL)

0-11 on the road vs top 15 teams.  Great coach but some on here act like he us better than he is.  No doubt he is an offensive genius but there is more to being a great coach than calling offensive plays. 

hoglady

Quote from: colbs on October 03, 2016, 04:11:58 pm
0-11 on the road vs top 15 teams.  Great coach but some on here act like he us better than he is.  No doubt he is an offensive genius but there is more to being a great coach than calling offensive plays. 

Petrino had us relevant in the grand scheme of college football - just like he has Louisville relevant this year.
Until Coach B has us relevant again fans will miss that.
It doesn't mean people approve of his actions or even think he shouldn't have been fired - it's just that for 2 years we were considered a player like we hadn't been since our SWC conference days.
Hopefully, Bielema will get us there again.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Buff

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 02, 2016, 11:49:33 am
That stadium was like that in the 80s when Ford had it rolling.  They had the epic matchup with FSU in Death Valley back then.  Clemson has always been an SEC program in terms of football emphasis and support and home environment getting to play an ACC schedule.  They are like Auburn's twin IMO just NE of the Atl metro area vs SW like AU. 

This.  I wish the SEC had done everything it could to convince Clemson to eventually join up rather than take Mizlol.

hoglady

Quote from: Buff on October 04, 2016, 12:50:01 pm
This.  I wish the SEC had done everything it could to convince Clemson to eventually join up rather than take Mizlol.

Missouri is not a good fit for the SEC.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hoglady on October 04, 2016, 08:44:02 pm
Missouri is not a good fit for the SEC.

Yeah. They should probably be in the big 10.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Buff on October 04, 2016, 12:50:01 pm

I doubt that SC, UT, UGA and even UF would have voted for them to get into the SEC. However that being said they would have made a great addition.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi