Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville at Clemson thread

Started by AirForceHog, October 01, 2016, 07:03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirForceHog

Is that 9-10 turnovers total this game?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Gonzo on October 01, 2016, 10:23:08 pm
Yeah, his defenses at Arkansas never got any better

/sarcasm off

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

Regale me with tales of his top rated Razorback defenses. Tell me about the top notch defensive depth he had on the roster when he, his squeeze, and his Harley went into the ditch.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Atlhogfan1

Only if he could have gotten by the kicker. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

grayhawg

Quote from: grayhawg on October 01, 2016, 08:47:49 pm
Looks like Louisville might be a pretender instead of a contender.
LOL!!   I might have been a little premature there.

Albert Einswine

Huge 77 yard kickoff return for Clemson. First down at the Louisville 23.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Gonzo

1st had Watson looked like the more poised, experienced QB, second half complete opposite, all the difference IMO, along with Louisville's def too. Good ball game, exciting finish if Clemson caps this return off.
Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

Albert Einswine

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 01, 2016, 10:38:55 pm
More jilted lover syndrome.

Don't even start that shat with me. Defense was always a sore spot with me when Bobby was here. I enjoyed his tenure, minus his inability to compete with Saban.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 01, 2016, 10:43:23 pm
Then you'll surely remember we were slated for a new DC the next year. 

Everyone saw the challenges on defense, but few remember the changes in motion to try and address them.

I remember the changes in motion to try and improve it. Who knows how it would have worked out if Bobby wasn't a self serving ass, but it was horrible in his absence.

Gonzo

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 01, 2016, 10:37:08 pm

Regale me with tales of his top rated Razorback defenses. Tell me about the top notch defensive depth he had on the roster when he, his squeeze, and his Harley went into the ditch.

You're blinded by your hatred, no worries for me. I made no claim he had "top rated" defenses. Rather it is you you and others who humorously claim any D1 HC simply doesn't care about either side of the team. Suit yourself. I have simply cited his defenses improved in pts allowed every season he was the Hog HC and in yards allowed in 3 of the 4. Argue with the data all you wish, looks to me like he cared about and put forth effort in making his defenses better, as any coach would wince it's part of their livelihood. Sorry that seems to bug you, I couldn't care less, just enjoying watching a big game, like I do most Saturdays.

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Gonzo on October 01, 2016, 10:47:36 pm

You're blinded by your hatred, no worries for me. I made no claim he had "top rated" defenses. Rather it is you you and others who humorously claim any D1 HC simply doesn't care about either side of the team. Suit yourself. I have simply cited his defenses improved in pts allowed every season he was the Hog HC and in yards allowed in 3 of the 4. Argue with the data all you wish, looks to me like he cared about and put forth effort in making his defenses better, as any coach would wince it's part of their livelihood. Sorry that seems to bug you, I couldn't care less, just enjoying watching a big game, like I do most Saturdays.

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

Enjoy. I'm enjoying it, myself. Very competitive but extremely sloppy and mistake filled by both teams.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 01, 2016, 10:49:07 pm
Sugar Bowl appearance.
Preseason #5.

You'll forgive some for not caring how those things happen... defense, offense, whatever.
It was working.

I enjoyed getting to that Sugar Bowl. I didn't enjoy getting raked in that first half. I didn't enjoy Saban's dominance. I gave up hope that Bobby could beat him.

Also, never winning the division.

Meanwhile, Clemson regains the lead.

Albert Einswine

42-36 Clemson. 3:14 to go in the game.

Gonzo

This is a heckuva game

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

AirForceHog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Gonzo on October 01, 2016, 10:47:36 pm

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

Albert is probably like me.  Doesn't hate Bobby.  I don't hate Bobby.  I don't hate Malzahn or Mike Anderson.  I hate those opportunists who are such fans of theirs they use/used their success elsewhere to attack our program.

Atlhogfan1

AirForceHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 01, 2016, 10:56:46 pm
Albert is probably like me.  Doesn't hate Bobby.  I don't hate Bobby.  I don't hate Malzahn or Mike Anderson.  I hate those opportunists who are such fans of theirs they use/used their success elsewhere to attack our program.

Excellent post

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 01, 2016, 10:56:46 pm

I don't hate Bobby. I don't care about Bobby anymore because he's not related to Arkansas in any way. And yes, I detest the Razorback fans who use Bobby to undermine the Razorbacks.

Danny J

Great game...this has been a better game week than week 1 that was hyped before and after it was over.

AirForceHog

If Louisville wins this in Death Valley, you might as well pencil them into the championship.

Atlhogfan1

Holy darn what a play by Jackson to avoid the rush. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 01, 2016, 11:01:13 pm
If Louisville wins this in Death Valley, you might as well pencil them into the championship.

Yep. Playoff at least. Look at their schedule.  Cake.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 01, 2016, 11:01:22 pm
Holy darn what a play by Jackson to avoid the rush.
Best athlete in college since Vick IMHO

Atlhogfan1

What kind of play call was that?  Throw short and hope he can make someone miss?  Way too far for that. 

Danny J

Dr. Starcs

Albert Einswine

hoglady

Dumb play by receiver - got to fight for that 1st down.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Atlhogfan1

AirForceHog

Dr. Starcs

Clemson gives them 5 turnovers and petrino still can't close the deal and has the best qb in the country.

Atlhogfan1

Now I hope FSU beats Clemson.   :)

Albert Einswine

Glad to see Louisville lose. I've hated that program since the mid 2000's when we had some Cards fans come onto Hogville and run a bunch of smack at us and our Razorbacks for some reason.

Danny J

He should have cut it back or dove with arms stretched instead he lazily kind of went out of bounds...regardless both teams are legit top 5 teams...no doubt. I would pencil them in as 2 and 2a...

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

AirForceHog

hoglady

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 01, 2016, 11:03:52 pm
Great false start by the oline

I didn't really think the false start hurt them that much - gave them a little more room.

Game had lots of mistakes by both teams, but a fun game to watch
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Gonzo

Good game, Clemson made a couple more plays than Louisville. Cool

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

AirForceHog

Albert Einswine

Dabo Swinney is Houston Nutt with a better recruiting base, better boosters and a better staff.

Dr. Starcs

Dabo - "coaches get way too much credit. Players have to make plays".

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 01, 2016, 11:05:48 pm
Glad to see Louisville lose. I've hated that program since the mid 2000's when we had some Cards fans come onto Hogville and run a bunch of smack at us and our Razorbacks for some reason.

I've never cared for them either.  City college who got to build up in conferences like CUSA and the Big East with annoying fans.

If UGa would have only knocked down the pass today. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 01, 2016, 11:08:02 pm
Dabo Swinney is Houston Nutt with a better recruiting base, better boosters and a better staff.
Don't forget better record..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hogz87

Why are Clemson fans storming the field?  You're ranked #5 in the country and just won a home game.  Your program has been a national player for several seasons now and made the CFB playoff last year.  Storming the field is inexcusable.

hoglady

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 01, 2016, 11:05:26 pm
Clemson gives them 5 turnovers and petrino still can't close the deal and has the best qb in the country.

Jackson did not play like the best QB in the country in first half.
Louisville lost this game in the 2nd quarter with their own turnovers.
Jackson is still young - only a true sophomore.
He'll be even better next year.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 01, 2016, 11:09:54 pm
Don't forget better record..

Well, yeah, but that goes without saying, bro.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hogz87 on October 01, 2016, 11:10:27 pm
Why are Clemson fans storming the field?  You're ranked #5 in the country and just won a home game.  Your program has been a national player for several seasons now and made the CFB playoff last year.  Storming the field is inexcusable.

Especially to a team that's only been in the ACC for 2 years. Pretty shameful for a football school like Clemson against a basketball school like Louisville.