Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisville at Clemson thread

Started by AirForceHog, October 01, 2016, 07:03:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirForceHog

I will say I am not overly impressed with Watson's accuracy.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on October 01, 2016, 09:00:31 pm
Same as the SEC.
Clemson is the favored team and Louisville will have to overcome some bad calls and no calls to win.
Clemson has a handful of jersey just about every play on the Louisville receivers.
And the guy choking Jackson should have been ejected.

And penalties and turnovers and a defense on pace to give up nearly 600 yards 614 yards. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

AirForceHog

hoglady

Quote from: gchamblee on October 01, 2016, 08:58:20 pm
this is how games get called when the officials think youre an [CENSORED] lol. louisville is not getting treated fairly on the pi no calls.

It happens to us all the time in SEC - no matter who the players are or who our coach is.
It always depends on which team is on the other side of the ball.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

AirForceHog

gchamblee

damn that was a nice drive by clemson

Albert Einswine

Bobby's team got choke slammed in the 2nd quarter, no pun intended.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 01, 2016, 09:02:42 pm
And penalties and turnovers and a defense on pace to give up nearly 600 yards. 

Oh I know.
I said earlier they weren't handling the crowd well at all.
Playing scared and nervous.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Buff

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 01, 2016, 09:02:23 pm
I will say I am not overly impressed with Watson's accuracy.

When the receiver has to go to his knees to catch the ball, that's a "great throw" according to Kirk's smug ass.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

AirForceHog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 01, 2016, 09:05:24 pm
Bobby's team got choke slammed in the 2nd quarter, no pun intended.

There was a pun intended there

gchamblee

Quote from: hoglady on October 01, 2016, 09:04:39 pm
It happens to us all the time in SEC - no matter who the players are or who our coach is.
It always depends on which team is on the other side of the ball.

i dont really buy into that theory. in that florida game when mallet was our qb we got screwed so bad it had to be intentional. however, the officials are just like players. they are just as prone to making mistakes as a player is. they have to see it to call it and i think they miss a lot because they have a lot to watch for. i think louisville is getting screwed on the pi no calls because they think petrino is an ass, but i dont think they would have ignored the choking if they saw that.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on October 01, 2016, 09:05:58 pm
Oh I know.
I said earlier they weren't handling the crowd well at all.
Playing scared and nervous.

First half was like BP's visits to Bryant Denny.  Still a lot of football left though and game is in reach. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Got to give credit to the Clemson defense.
They are playing lights out no doubt.
Louisville players will have to toughen up if they are going to stay in the game.
Need to give as good as they are getting - and they haven't done that yet.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 01, 2016, 09:06:32 pm
There was a pun intended there

Truly there wasn't. I used that term in a stream of consciousness not even thinking of the earlier choking deal, and added the disclaimer at the end after realizing it.

Gonzo

Pretty good game at the half imo. Two top 5s, home team with a more experienced QB getting the better of it do far, not too surprising. Should be a good finish

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

gchamblee

im hoping louisville can come back and win this. i hate to see lamar ruin his shot at a heisman but damn clemson looks good.

gchamblee

AirForceHog

gchamblee

Atlhogfan1

This is why I hate these offenses.  3rd and short and out of shotgun. 

Louisville catching some early breaks.

AirForceHog

wildhogman

Quote from: AirForceHog on October 01, 2016, 09:41:41 pm
Well that was a FUBAR 3rd down
They stole that play from our playbook in the section marked goal line offense

AirForceHog

Quote from: wildhogman on October 01, 2016, 09:43:29 pm
They stole that play from our playbook in the section marked goal line offense

Well they need to throw it out! So should the Razorbacks.

Atlhogfan1

Well that was a poor play call. 

wildhogman

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 01, 2016, 09:54:23 pm
Well that was a poor play call. 
Looks like both teams borrowed from our goal line offense

kodiakisland

Quote from: hoglady on October 01, 2016, 09:00:31 pm
Same as the SEC.
Clemson is the favored team and Louisville will have to overcome some bad calls and no calls to win.
Clemson has a handful of jersey just about every play on the Louisville receivers.
And the guy choking Jackson should have been ejected.

You must not be watching closely if you think Clemson is the only one being allowed to hold.  There are some outright muggings on both sides of the ball.  At this point I'd be pissed to be called for it because they've allowed both teams to freely do it.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 01, 2016, 09:55:59 pm
You must not be watching closely if you think Clemson is the only one being allowed to hold.  There are some outright muggings on both sides of the ball.  At this point I'd be pissed to be called for it because they've allowed both teams to freely do it.

Little #1 for Louisville holds like he is a wr for TCU.  No wonder Jackson gets so many yards. 

AirForceHog

This game will be really chippy by the end, if it stays close.

Atlhogfan1

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Atlhogfan1

Well the cramper killed the momentum.  Another break for Louisville this half. 

Albert Einswine

Clemson goes from being offensively stagnant to looking unstoppable.

And there's a bad turnover inside the 10.

Albert Einswine

Louisville takes the Clemson turnover and drives to a first and goal.

Dr. Starcs

4 turnovers for each team and nearing double digit penalties for each team.

Ugly.

Albert Einswine

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Albert Einswine

hoglady

Well - at least Louisville came back out in the second half and is making a game out of it.
It's a turnover fest - whoever loses will be kicking themselves.

Albert Einswine

Charlie Strong left a solid defensive foundation at Louisville. Bobby isn't into that so much.

hoglady

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 01, 2016, 10:14:23 pm
Charlie Strong left a solid defensive foundation at Louisville. Bobby isn't into that so much.

Charlie could sure use some of that defense at Texas - their D is horrible.
When the ESPN ticker says you won't be fired during the season, you stand a pretty good chance of getting fired after the season.

Atlhogfan1

Clemson with the cramper now.  Momentum killers. 

Gonzo

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 01, 2016, 10:14:23 pm

Yeah, his defenses at Arkansas never got any better

/sarcasm off

Go Hogs! Beat Bama!

Atlhogfan1

Great catch by Smith or that was a pick 6. 

hoglady

Let's see how Clemson responds to losing the lead.
Don't know what Petrino said to his players at half time, but he got their attention.

Ben

A petrino team has forced 5 turnovers ON DEFENSE....

Get saved yall...
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Hogz87

And Watson throws a pass right to a Louisville DB.  Louisville is about to win this.

Clemson giving the ball to Louisville like it's candy on Halloween.

Atlhogfan1

Watson has made some poor throws. 

Albert Einswine

Brent Venables' vaunted defense has collapsed. Gohogs1091 may be on suicide watch.

Hogz87

Make it 26 unanswered for Louisville.