Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBP Scandal

Started by Prestworthy, October 01, 2016, 07:45:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Prestworthy

Spoke with a Louisville fan yesterday and he said the rumor going around KY was that CBP didn't actually get in a motorcycle accident (no damage to the motorcycle), but that he was attacked by a husband of one of his mistresses?

Has anyone else heard this one?

Dr. Starcs

Yeah, heard that about 5 years ago.

Prestworthy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 01, 2016, 07:51:44 am
one day I hope to be cool like you.

Any validity to it?

Dr. Starcs

Are you seriously just now hearing this?

Prestworthy

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

KY Hog Man

And kept alive by Kentucky fans because they can't beat Petrino.

wachhog

Whether it is true or not, Razorback fans  were never told. All we know is that his mistress married the fiance, Bobby is still with his wife, his team just barely lost to Clemson,  Jeff Long was named chairman of the championship committee and Arkansas gave him a HUGE raise, Arkansas high school coaches don't have to put up with Bobby's arrogance any longer, the Cotton Bowl committee got its revenge, big money boosters who felt slighted said "F U" and  ordinary Hog fans were deprived of the chance of a lifetime.
So, all's well that ends well. Pure as the dawn and all that...

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: wachhog on October 02, 2016, 12:44:41 am
Whether it is true or not, Razorback fans  were never told. All we know is that his mistress married the fiance, Bobby is still with his wife, his team just barely lost to Clemson,  Jeff Long was named chairman of the championship committee and Arkansas gave him a HUGE raise, Arkansas high school coaches don't have to put up with Bobby's arrogance any longer, the Cotton Bowl committee got its revenge, big money boosters who felt slighted said "F U" and  ordinary Hog fans were deprived of the chance of a lifetime.
So, all's well that ends well. Pure as the dawn and all that...

Louisville needs fans too, especially after tonight.  Reminded me of being close but never hitting that next level. Looks like Louisville got a taste of Big game Boobie.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 02, 2016, 02:12:17 am
Louisville needs fans too, especially after tonight.  Reminded me of being close but never hitting that next level. Looks like Louisville got a taste of Big game Boobie.

lol.  Yeah it's always better to never be close to it. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

JOKERHOG

Yes, being ranked 3rd sucks LOL
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Buff

Losing on the road to a team as good as Clemson, by less than a possession, really looked horrible on Louisville's program.  Shame on them.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Buff on October 02, 2016, 04:24:57 pm
Losing on the road to a team as good as Clemson, by less than a possession, really looked horrible on Louisville's program.  Shame on them.
When it happens to Arkansas our own fans state they are tired of "moral wins."
You either win the big games or you don't and the same thing happened here when he was coach. Is it a symptom of Arkansas football or is it on the coach?

Dr. Starcs

That was the same Clemson team that nearly lost to auburn.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 02, 2016, 06:36:30 pm
That was the same Clemson team that nearly lost to auburn.

And why does that matter?  Every week is different.  Not the same team every week. If so then I guess we are the same team that almost lost our opening game. 

Dr. Starcs

Funny that now, because Louisville lost to them, Clemson is suddenly unbeatable after the fact that auburn nearly beat them.

Clemson will most likely run the table in the acc, but doubtful they would in the sec.

Screw it, I know you're a petrino groupie. I'm done.

HiggiePiggy

Heh. I do like Petrino, but that really doesn't mean anything about how I like Arkansas also.  Arkansas is my favorite team.  I enjoyed watching Petrino when he was here.  He is no longer here, but that doesn't mean I can't root for the guy to do good else where.

I don't wear the SEC or else anymore. I really don't give a crap how the SEC does as a whole. I want Arkansas to win. I don't care about other programs in the SEC. The fact is the sec has been sliding down since LSU played Alabama in the NC game. LSU, Auburn, and Mississippi State all look mediocre this year. We will probably finish 4th in the west behind Alabama, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss. Heck we may finish in the top 2 like last year.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Prestworthy on October 01, 2016, 08:11:51 am
one day I hope to be cool like you.

Any validity to it?

There isn't even any validity to this thread.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

KY Hog Man

Bobby didn't commit that last penalty or fail to cross the first down line.  He had them in position to win and the players failed to get it done.   

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: KY Hog Man on October 03, 2016, 09:22:04 am
Bobby didn't commit that last penalty or fail to cross the first down line.  He had them in position to win and the players failed to get it done.   
If only he had players that never made mistakes in a game.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

NuttinItUp

LOL @ Old Rumors.

Never showed up as "punches", but as "road rash" in the photos taken in the few days after the accident. Definitely looked like a crash to me.

Edit:
https://www.google.com/search?q=petrino+neck+brace&tbm=isch

All of those pics show road rash. None show bruising from punches. Pretty cut & dry.

factchecker

October 04, 2016, 04:52:00 am #24 Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:40:57 am by factchecker
Quote from: Buff on October 02, 2016, 04:24:57 pm

I thought only homers and losers enjoy moral victories like this.

Fun fact:  After that moral victory loss Petrino is 0-11 against top 15 teams on the road in his career.

This tweet was before the loss- https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/782404738281275392

https://twitter.com/tiger_tara/status/782592511768465408

On the other hand, Bielema already has 2 road wins vs. top 15 teams in the past two years.

November 14   6:15 p.m.   at No. 9 LSU      Tiger Stadium • Baton Rouge, LA (Battle for the Golden Boot)   ESPN   W 31–14     
September 10   6:00 p.m.   at No. 15 TCU*      Amon G. Carter Stadium • Fort Worth, TX                                   ESPN   W 41–38 2OT
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS