Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Online: From outcast to back on top: Petrino doesn't stay down for long

Started by NuttinItUp, September 30, 2016, 12:23:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sed76

Shouldn't this be in another section since you know the guy hasn't been out coach since 2012.

seasonhog

RazorbackRon

Quote from: seasonhog on September 30, 2016, 01:19:50 pm
Arkansas fired the best coach they ever had..........what are we now?

I'm a Hog fan, not a 'coach so and so' fan.

Once you get a job, you'll realize you can't lie to your boss.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggiedawg

Bobby is a good coach.  It's expected for him to be back on top.  However, he's not the coach here so it means nothing to me.  Wish we could have kept him.

DeltaBoy

Bobby might have been the best we had up to that time. But I expect CBB to lead us forward to an SEC Title soon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorback_2007

Quote from: RazorbackRon on September 30, 2016, 01:23:10 pm
Once you get a job, you'll realize you can't lie to your boss.

I can't stand the hypocrisy in that statement. A boss isn't some divine being. I'd like to know how many people aren't guilty of lying to their boss. I doubt anyone if they were being honest. A burned sick day to fish or whatever is just as much of a lie as Bobby P told Jeff. The office ass kisser who manages to take and get credit on something someone else did is just as guilty. Taking a longer lunch break and not showing it ...same thing.
How many times do you think bosses lie to their subordinates lol.
When it's a situation like Bobby's it's PERSONAL BUSINESS. (When a person starts getting questioned about their sex life I figure there would be alot of lies especially if you're married at the time)
WHAT GOT HIM FIRED WAS THE UNETHICAL WAY HE HIRED JESSICA. He broke federal laws which opened the case for potential lawsuits...that to me though falls on the institution for giving the keys to the university to the fb coach and not reviewing his hires, there should of been a hiring committee oversee it like any other government job.
Losing him was probably for the best because he's not loyal to anything and he'd of been gone to somewhere else as soon as the contract  provisions allowed.
I like CBB better anyway. Please stop the lying to the boss thing I can't stand it. :razorback:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ROAD YOUR LIFE IS ON...PAVE A NEW ONE

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Sed76 on September 30, 2016, 12:47:29 pm
Shouldn't this be in another section since you know the guy hasn't been out coach since 2012.

The article is from an Arkansas perspective, on an Arkansas website, with quotes from the Arkansas AD and others surrounding the program.

Seems Arkansas-centric enough...

thefisher

Quote from: seasonhog on September 30, 2016, 01:19:50 pm
Arkansas fired the best coach they ever had..........what are we now?

After tomorrow the Hogs are on a 12-2 run with the schools first time ever in history back to back bowl wins.

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

DiamondHogFan

As long as Jackson is their QB they will be very, very good.  But once he is out, and Strong's defensive recruits have dwindled down...I expect Louisville to have some down years.

Sed76

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 30, 2016, 02:06:30 pm
The article is from an Arkansas perspective, on an Arkansas website, with quotes from the Arkansas AD and others surrounding the program.

Seems Arkansas-centric enough...

No, it's just a way to try to stir up yet another beaten to death argument.

Grizzlyfan

I see that there is an Outside the Lines segment on Petrino running on ESPN.  Saw it at lunch today.  Anyway in it they seemed to be making the case that if Petrino got another job then Art Briles should also have one sooner rather than later.  That seemed like total BS to me.  There is no equivalency in Petrino's actions and Briles.  Petrino didn't put anyone at risk with his behavior.  And I even agree that Long had no choice but to fire Petrino.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 30, 2016, 02:10:54 pm
Petrino didn't put anyone at risk with his behavior.

He put anyone riding with him on his motorcycle at risk.

rhames

Quote from: Razorback_2007 on September 30, 2016, 01:42:19 pm
I can't stand the hypocrisy in that statement. A boss isn't some divine being. I'd like to know how many people aren't guilty of lying to their boss. I doubt anyone if they were being honest. A burned sick day to fish or whatever is just as much of a lie as Bobby P told Jeff. The office ass kisser who manages to take and get credit on something someone else did is just as guilty. Taking a longer lunch break and not showing it ...same thing.
When it's a situation like Bobby's it's PERSONAL BUSINESS. (When a person starts getting questioned about their sex life I figure there would be alot of lies especially if you're married at the time)
WHAT GOT HIM FIRED WAS THE UNETHICAL WAY HE HIRED JESSICA. He broke federal laws which opened the case for potential lawsuits...that to me though falls on the institution for giving the keys to the university to the fb coach and not reviewing his hires, there should of been a hiring committee oversee it like any other government job.
Losing him was probably for the best because he's not loyal to anything and he'd of been gone to somewhere else as soon as the contract  provisions allowed.
I like CBB better anyway. Please stop the lying to the boss thing I can't stand it. :razorback:

You're on the right track but there were no federal laws broken.

The 20k he gave her didn't help either.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

FutureMan

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on September 30, 2016, 02:08:37 pm
As long as Jackson is their QB they will be very, very good.  But once he is out, and Strong's defensive recruits have dwindled down...I expect Louisville to have some down years.

I agree with this.  Everyone is so shot in the ass with them right now - let's see where they are 3 years from now. Will they be a pretty good team - sure.  Will they contend for the ACC - no.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

GuvHog

Petrino didn't hire Jessica, he recommended her to the search committee who recommended her to Long who officially hired her.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Justifiable Hogicide

No ill will toward Bobby Petrino. No surprise at his success. Wish he could have remained our coach.
But am very pleased with Coach Bielema and his direction of the program.

GuvHog

This is Petrino's 3rd year at Louisville so at least half of the players on that team are his recruits.

ATU HOG

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2016, 02:25:36 pm
Petrino didn't hire Jessica, he recommended her to the search committee who recommended her to Long who officially hired her.
Bingo.  This is what frustrated me.  That "nobody" else had a hand in it.... yeah right.

GuvHog

Quote from: ATU HOG on September 30, 2016, 02:30:48 pm
Bingo.  This is what frustrated me.  That "nobody" else had a hand in it.... yeah right.

Yep, when news of the affair became public, Long was afraid he'd be implicated since he signed the papers hiring her so he arranged for her to be paid a huge amount of hush money to keep quiet and leave then fired Petrino. He was covering his own posterior.

hobhog

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rhames

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2016, 02:38:25 pm
Yep, when news of the affair became public, Long was afraid he'd be implicated since he signed the papers hiring her so he arranged for her to be paid a huge amount of hush money to keep quiet and leave then fired Petrino. He was covering his own posterior.

Huge amount of hush money? You mean her 3 month severance package?

Ha

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

DLUXHOG

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2016, 02:25:36 pm

I would like to see Petrino's recommendation letter....  :o
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ATU HOG

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2016, 02:38:25 pm
Integrity.

Just the thing that frustrated me was how much our football team suffered while there were individual gains for our AD.  We're getting thumped on the field, but we've got interviews during our thumpings about the college football playoff. 

We've really played the card of integrity and doing it the right way... etc. etc.  Which is great, but I'm very eager to see our Razorbacks compete for a national championship again.  Lets quit talking about our integrity and lets have a great season (which we are 4-1, I'm eager to see how we fare in SEC play)  We can have integrity without talking about it.

I just want us to compete on a national level and be a contender year in and year out.  I hope CBB can do this and keep us at a consistent level.  We are in year 4 and I really hope we can finish with a 10-2 record and make a new years 6 bowl.  That's asking a lot, but I want to hold them to a high standard and not settle for 8-4 and an average bowl.  We as a program have to take the next step on the field.

Me Like Hogs

This was exactly what I was hoping for!! Another thread about some coach that is no longer here. I am sure there is a Louisville fan forum to discuss how great he is. Can't we move on and support the team as it currently is?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 30, 2016, 03:32:31 pm
It's why things will be totally on Long if we don't compete for an SEC title.  He dismissed a guy who put us on the national stage to an extent we haven't even sniffed since.

It cues up a classic finger-pointing contest between people who think we should be able to compete for SEC titles (guilty), and those who think we should be content because we're "just Arkansas".  Why should we expect any better?

It's always better to do the "right thing".........

hogfan14

Quote from: GuvHog on September 30, 2016, 02:29:27 pm
This is Petrino's 3rd year at Louisville so at least half of the players on that team are his recruits.

Well his two best players on defense were transfers booted from other schools, but I guess you'll take them any way you can get them

PorkRinds

That sounds like a lot of CBP excuse making. Leave bobby alone!

Redhogs

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2016, 02:15:30 pm

You're on the right track but there were no federal laws broken.

The 20k he gave her didn't help either.
The 20K was his own money....last I checked people can do what they want with it....Bobby did plenty wrong, but the 20k stuff always was a red herring.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Dominicanhog

who recruited Jackson?  Can't he do it again?  Ryan and Tyler were pretty good, seems he's a good recruiter and developer of QB's.... I look for CBP to average about 10 wins per year and contend for the ACC every couple of years.. He might get his first title this year....

Redhogs

Redhogs

Quote from: Dominicanhog on September 30, 2016, 03:54:05 pm
who recruited Jackson?  Can't he do it again?  Ryan and Tyler were pretty good, seems he's a good recruiter and developer of QB's.... I look for CBP to average about 10 wins per year and contend for the ACC every couple of years.. He might get his first title this year....
Of course he can and will....these are the same posters that said he would never get another P5 job again...love him or hate him he's a great college coach who wins wherever he goes, that's just a fact.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 30, 2016, 03:54:59 pm
Well..at least we are the only school who fired Nolan, Holtz, and BP...........how awesome is that. ::)

imo, one of them deserved it, the other 2 gave the AD a choice to make..

Redhogs

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 30, 2016, 03:57:40 pm
Whatever that's supposed to mean.
Big boy athletics are a results-oriented business.  Ask any coach who hasn't gotten the results his employers expected.

Army/Navy is a nice warm/fuzzy game played by boy scouts who excel at doing the "right thing"... but you wouldn't want to let a bunch of Alabama athletes loose on them.  The abuse witnessed might offend the senses of some with high morals and sound integrity.
I'm sure Louisville boosters and fans will now lie awake at night fretting over this issue.  Good job bringing it to their attention.
Hey don't sweat it....we've got a coach that just got smoked by A&M, might go 8-4 in year 4, and still have fans blaming a coach that if he wins tomorrow (against Clemson), has a legit chance at a final 4 championship birth......don't worry, be happy.

Redhogs

rhames

Quote from: Redhogs on September 30, 2016, 03:51:41 pm
The 20K was his own money....last I checked people can do what they want with it....Bobby did plenty wrong, but the 20k stuff always was a red herring.

The ncaa says you can't just do what you want with it.

Redhogs

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2016, 04:07:35 pm

The ncaa says you can't just do what you want with it.
That's B.S....it might have been bad judgement, but an NCAA violation...not even close

rhames

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 30, 2016, 04:09:33 pm
The winning programs we watch today sent that NCAA memo straight to the circular file. 

Can't argue that. Haha.

rhames

Quote from: Redhogs on September 30, 2016, 04:10:45 pm
That's B.S....it might have been bad judgement, but an NCAA violation...not even close

She was working for the razorback foundation at the time.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 30, 2016, 04:31:38 pm
He's not coming back. Move along already. 
that's probably what a lot of Louisville fans were saying a few years ago....... ;)

JOKERHOG

Quote from: Redhogs on September 30, 2016, 03:54:59 pm
Well..at least we are the only school who fired Nolan, Holtz, and BP...........how awesome is that. ::)

Agreed, we are in a class by ourselves.  Noone can compete with that!
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 30, 2016, 01:31:10 pm
Bobby might have been the best we had up to that time. But I expect CBB to lead us forward to an SEC Title soon.

Some guy named Frank is probably the best we ever had.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi