Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

why don't we have 25 scholarships?

Started by solitons, February 07, 2018, 10:09:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 07, 2018, 08:48:20 pm
Or getting drafted.

He did a great job of retaining players, so great that in his 5th year he went 4-8 and got himself fired.

Seriously? Did y'all not hear Hoggets demands?! This is y'alls last warning. I mean it...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Cotton

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on February 07, 2018, 06:46:10 pm
God people!  Bret Beliema IS GONE!!!!!!!  Get over it, already!!!!  The point being made is that, despite your bias against him, he did a fantastic job of retaining players and NOT have a lot of attrition.  To be successful at Arkansas, you have to retain your players.  Kudos to coach for keeping players on campus and not recruiting losers who are getting arrested and failing classes.  Now, hopefully, these players will develop into the kinds of players Chad Morris needs to be successful on the field.
You contradicted yourself lol

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Ā 

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Snouty on February 07, 2018, 04:28:26 pm
The bottom line is Bielema didn't win enough games as head coach and apathy was setting in.
This is the thing would make a great case study of Bielema's time at Arkansas.  Bielema didn't suddenly forget how to coach during his time at Arkansas.  The weight gain is dead giveaway of the apathy.  How many successful coaches look like that?  I think having the baby might have something to do with it.  But for whatever reason he obviously had no fire left.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 07, 2018, 10:12:55 am
Because Bert NEVER cut chaff like every other school does....

Well since scholarships are no longer 1-year grants but 4-year grants, you have to justify getting rid of players and it CAN'T be performance based. They have to flunk out, get kicked out of school or quit. Bielema recruiting good student-athletes that for the most part stayed out of trouble. If "every other" school is kicking players off the squad, it's because they flunk out, get into to trouble or transfer.

You can either look forward or you can keep looking back and blaming past coaches. I prefer to look forward myself.

solitons

Quote from: Philip Seaton on February 08, 2018, 05:14:15 pm
Well since scholarships are no longer 1-year grants but 4-year grants, you have to justify getting rid of players and it CAN'T be performance based. They have to flunk out, get kicked out of school or quit. Bielema recruiting good student-athletes that for the most part stayed out of trouble. If "every other" school is kicking players off the squad, it's because they flunk out, get into to trouble or transfer.

You can either look forward or you can keep looking back and blaming past coaches. I prefer to look forward myself.
Thanks, and yes, we should look forward!
go hogs