Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like there may only be 4 SEC openings...

Started by HeathWimp, November 04, 2017, 02:40:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeathWimp

McElwain is already gone.
Sumlin is toast after today.
Jones is toast already, don't know why they haven't announced that he's not coming back.
Matt Luke was never going to get the Ole Miss job.

Gus has saved his job.
Barry Odom has started to show signs of life at Mizzou.
Mason might have a little heat, but he'll be back.

I think Belema gets another year after the Ole Miss game.  However, with fewer jobs coming open, I really wish Long would look at pulling the trigger this year.  If Belema disappoints in 2018, may be right back here, because there will undoubtedly be several openings next year.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: HeathWimp on November 04, 2017, 02:40:29 pm
Jones is toast already, don't know why they haven't announced that he's not coming back.

Gus has saved his job.

I think Belema gets another year after the Ole Miss game.  However, with fewer jobs coming open, I really wish Long would look at pulling the trigger this year.  If Belema disappoints in 2018, may be right back here, because there will undoubtedly be several openings next year.

Can Bielema survive at 4-8, with a final season loss to Missouri?  Long may be forced to do something he doesn't wish to do, as a defensive move.

wildhogman

Gus has saved his job.

Gus didn't save his job today. He merely extended the rope.  Ga and Bama will jerk it tight and end his Job at the end of the year.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on November 04, 2017, 03:16:23 pm
Can Bielema survive at 4-8, with a final season loss to Missouri?  Long may be forced to do something he doesn't wish to do, as a defensive move.
I'm not sure it won't be 3-9.

Bebop

From my understanding, Campbell at Iowa State has a 9 million buyout. That may detract schools from trying to offer the job to him, especially if they have to pay for the coach that they fired. If we keep BB and Campbell's buyout goes down next year, then it may not be as bad for us if we skip out firing BB ths year. Of course, that's mere speculation.

sickboy

Gus has saved his job.

Bielema might get fired today with the way this game is going.

Bkhardicars

havok

Quote from: sickboy on November 04, 2017, 03:51:51 pm
Bielema might get fired today with the way this game is going.

I get the impression AD Long could care less about anything that happens on the field. The Razorback Foundation will have to act for anything to get better.

jst01

Fire everyone in SEC except Saban and Smart. Then every team should just hire Bama coordinators and assistants and start over

The Hawg Marshal

Regardless of how this game turns out he should be fired for the first quarter alone.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: havok on November 04, 2017, 03:54:12 pm
I get the impression AD Long could care less about anything that happens on the field. The Razorback Foundation will have to act for anything to get better.
What gives you this impression? Long's press conferences?

jgcat4

If we lose to CC, Shrek is gone. He may be gone today. This is absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen us look this bad.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

sickboy

Quote from: havok on November 04, 2017, 03:54:12 pm

Losing at home to Coastal Carolina is a little different.