Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When this fiasco is over...

Started by Cambridge Hog, October 23, 2017, 10:21:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambridge Hog

will we hear the truth about what was going on from current and former players? or is there risk on their part to burn bridges?

I will be very curious to see what the players thought as it seems many of them do not believe.

scottwillrazbackfan1

we always do.. the media will come out with the stories from behind the scenes.

Kevin

yep, funny I they will talk about it when it is over, not during. but they are not scared of the university.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MrKlem10

Some are already out there.   I'll just say when you can not even control your meeting rooms and answer simple scheme questions... There is a big problem.  They can't coach themselves...

SquidBilly

Those stories need to be coming out now if they exist.  This is why the media gets a bad rap, and is why Harvey Weinstein was able to do what he did for decades.  They don't tell the stories that need to be told because they are afraid of losing access or worse yet ad dollars.  If there is trouble behind the scenes and the people who help to support the program are being kept in the dark then that is wrong.

KennyForAD

If you ask me, the Fiasco has been going a long time and is really just hitting its stride.  We have at least another decade of utter nonsense left, probably two. 

KennyForAD

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 23, 2017, 10:28:22 am
Those stories need to be coming out now if they exist.  This is why the media gets a bad rap, and is why Harvey Weinstein was able to do what he did for decades.  They don't tell the stories that need to be told because they are afraid of losing access or worse yet ad dollars.  If there is trouble behind the scenes and the people who help to support the program are being kept in the dark then that is wrong.

The Robber Barons bought up all the media in the free world over one hundred years ago.    Free press hasn't existed since.

Oklahawg

You really don't hear about locker room or meeting room things. The culture of the game says that stays in the locker rooms and meeting rooms. Sacred space for players and coaches.

Else, we'd have real proof of Nutt's relative genius compared to Petrino's, for example.

The average player won't see the difference between coaches, just notice the results are different.

Take most of what you read on message boards with a large amount of salt - it is easy for hard feelings or an incomplete understanding of something to get twisted.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: MrKlem10 on October 23, 2017, 10:28:15 am
Some are already out there.   I'll just say when you can not even control your meeting rooms and answer simple scheme questions... There is a big problem.  They can't coach themselves...

I'm wondering which coach or coaches this is.

I'm thinking not Dan Enos.  He is smart enough and was an HC.
I'm thinking not Paul Rhoads, smart, successful DC, was an HC, I'm sure players listen to him.

The Barry Lunney and Michael Smith have been around awhile and their units seem to perform consistently so I'm guessing it's not them.

The 3 most likely are going to be the two new defensive coaches and Kurt Anderson.

The 2 new D coaches are light on experience.  I could see it possibly being them but not the leading suspect.

Which unit has struggled the most this year?  Can be looked at as the root cause of 90% of the offenses problems?  Has under-performed their talent level, has had a different starting line up almost every game.  Can still not get it right, and is the largest single unit on the team?  I'd bet $100 it would be the offensive line where Baby Huey Anderson can't control the meeting room and can't answer scheme questions.  4 years at a horrible Eastern Michigan team and assistant to the assistant in the NFL.

People complain about Long hitching his wagon to Bielema, what the hell did BB ever see in Anderson and why be so loyal to the worst coach on the team.  Not only that but the worst coach for the most critical unit.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MrKlem10

I'll say it's the meeting room of the most criticized position on defense.    The sole basis of the change to the 3-4 defense... Supposedly

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 23, 2017, 10:44:33 am
I'm wondering which coach or coaches this is.

I'm thinking not Dan Enos.  He is smart enough and was an HC.
I'm thinking not Paul Rhoads, smart, successful DC, was an HC, I'm sure players listen to him.

The Barry Lunney and Michael Smith have been around awhile and their units seem to perform consistently so I'm guessing it's not them.

The 3 most likely are going to be the two new defensive coaches and Kurt Anderson.

The 2 new D coaches are light on experience.  I could see it possibly being them but not the leading suspect.

Which unit has struggled the most this year?  Can be looked at as the root cause of 90% of the offenses problems?  Has under-performed their talent level, has had a different starting line up almost every game.  Can still not get it right, and is the largest single unit on the team?  I'd bet $100 it would be the offensive line where Baby Huey Anderson can't control the meeting room and can't answer scheme questions.  4 years at a horrible Eastern Michigan team and assistant to the assistant in the NFL.

People complain about Long hitching his wagon to Bielema, what the hell did BB ever see in Anderson and why be so loyal to the worst coach on the team.  Not only that but the worst coach for the most critical unit.

DeltaBoy

Clean house now and start fresh in the Spring.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MrKlem10 on October 23, 2017, 10:28:15 am
Also, Hoganese is a complete joke. The players flat foot mutinied on that darn. Now you see the proof of that, JUST LIKE I TOLD YA'll, as the O-line had on QB wristbands LMAO. So much for Hoganese, Bert's super plan.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

smb

GeorgiaHOG

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Bret Squealema on October 23, 2017, 10:28:22 am

In their defense, actual media doesn't deal in rumors or innuendo.  Those stories need to be adequately sourced, and not just, "my cousin's best friend's roommate is a janitor at the Broyles Center and heard something through a crack in the door."

Media folks hear things, sure, but having something sourced enough to be able to actually report it as the truth is a much harder--and all too often underappreciated--burden to bear.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Seminole Indian

October 23, 2017, 01:44:53 pm #14 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:18:37 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: Oklahawg on October 23, 2017, 10:36:57 am
You really don't hear about locker room or meeting room things. The culture of the game says that stays in the locker rooms and meeting rooms. Sacred space for players and coaches.

Else, we'd have real proof of Nutt's relative genius compared to Petrino's, for example.

The average player won't see the difference between coaches, just notice the results are different.

Take most of what you read on message boards with a large amount of salt - it is easy for hard feelings or an incomplete understanding of something to get twisted.
In today's Jonesboro  Sun newspaper their was an AP article that quoted a player saying, "As players, we can't do anything but be behind our coach, and that's what we are going to do 100 percent", and added "I know there's speculation on the outside. Regardless of what guys on the outside are saying, we know whats going on inside our room and we're behind him 100 percent.".
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne