Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barford statement

Started by Birminghog, March 20, 2017, 11:09:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Birminghog

"We're going to be back next year for sure," the junior guard stressed. "We're probably going to make a good run next year. We expect to make a good run. It's going to be a great summer. We're going to get C.J. Jones ready, Adrio Bailey ready and Brachen Hazen ready and our freshmen. We're going to be back. For sure."

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hogs-left-nothing-on-the-floor-against-heels/676580285

Somehow, I believe him.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

JIHawg

I'm in.  If they will do this, I will buy season tickets again like I used to.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Birminghog on March 20, 2017, 11:09:47 pm
"We're going to be back next year for sure," the junior guard stressed. "We're probably going to make a good run next year. We expect to make a good run. It's going to be a great summer. We're going to get C.J. Jones ready, Adrio Bailey ready and Brachen Hazen ready and our freshmen. We're going to be back. For sure."

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/hogs-left-nothing-on-the-floor-against-heels/676580285

I like the leadership he's taking.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: JIHawg on March 20, 2017, 11:12:44 pm
I'm in.  If they will do this, I will buy season tickets again like I used to.
i miss those times. i do not miss those cold nights after pel games.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Rawker

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 20, 2017, 11:52:17 pm
i miss those times. i do not miss those cold nights after pel games.

It's here, people!  Did you not watch the damn game (not necessarily you personally....I'm speaking to everyone)?  My voice has been gone since, and my body is sore, because I did full body rolls on the ground like 1995....except I'm not 23 anymore.  But all the feelings I was having during that game, with Bailey magically bringing true Hawgball back in the span of 30 minutes, were the same feelings and the same excitement I felt watching the NC of 1994.  If you still have to decide whether you're on board after that ruckus - a homecooked screwins' though it was - you're either completely dead inside or have an agenda you simply won't give up.  And now we have a guy - who for half the season I wasn't sure was bought in - exhibiting this kind of verbal leadership going into the next year?  Fine....you people don't want to have fun and would rather lope around your Hawgball fandom like a fat-ass shopping at WalMart for your 4th mattress in 2 years?  You can have it.  I'll take the sore throat and the sore body, and the kick-ass memories.  Get on board or BE bored.

rzrbk4life

Awesome. Love the leadership
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Razorback_Mack

LR_Matt

Of course he'll be back.... where else would he go???

Bogghawg

Quote from: Rawker on March 21, 2017, 02:34:41 am
It's here, people!  Did you not watch the damn game (not necessarily you personally....I'm speaking to everyone)?  My voice has been gone since, and my body is sore, because I did full body rolls on the ground like 1995....except I'm not 23 anymore.  But all the feelings I was having during that game, with Bailey magically bringing true Hawgball back in the span of 30 minutes, were the same feelings and the same excitement I felt watching the NC of 1994.  If you still have to decide whether you're on board after that ruckus - a homecooked screwins' though it was - you're either completely dead inside or have an agenda you simply won't give up.  And now we have a guy - who for half the season I wasn't sure was bought in - exhibiting this kind of verbal leadership going into the next year?  Fine....you people don't want to have fun and would rather lope around your Hawgball fandom like a fat-ass shopping at WalMart for your 4th mattress in 2 years?  You can have it.  I'll take the sore throat and the sore body, and the kick-ass memories.  Get on board or BE bored.
WHAT HE SAID!!
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

hawgfan4life

Quote from: LR_Matt on March 21, 2017, 10:55:01 am

Low post count negative post.  Troll or agenda?

Tusks

Disney World
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

cityhog

with Macon

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: cityhog on March 21, 2017, 11:56:15 am
with Macon

He sure left a name off didn't he. Saw a mention Macon has a kid, would certainly understand if he jets but hope he stays of course.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 21, 2017, 12:49:45 pm
He sure left a name off didn't he. Saw a mention Macon has a kid, would certainly understand if he jets but hope he stays of course.
macon does not have a kid Lol
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BRHogfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 21, 2017, 01:32:34 pm
macon does not have a kid Lol

Yeah, Actually Barford has his kid as his background on his twitter page.  Macon only has himself (and a few other players in his profile picture)

FineAsSwine

Barford and Macon could wind up being the top back court in the SEC next year.

cityhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 21, 2017, 02:43:33 pm
Barford and Macon could wind up being the top back court in the SEC next year.

hope they stick around so we can watch that come to fruition.

LZH

Quote from: cityhog on March 21, 2017, 02:56:31 pm
hope they stick around so we can watch that come to fruition.

Wait...what?  Why would they leave?

Birminghog

Does Barford have enough pull with Macon to convince Macon to stay?

010HogFan

Quote from: LZH on March 21, 2017, 09:09:54 pm
Wait...what?  Why would they leave?

Macon is considering it. You can tell by his tweets.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 21, 2017, 12:49:45 pm
I don't think he intentionally left Macon's name out of that quote knowing he wasn't coming back.  He also left guys like Trey Thompson and Anton Beard off of the list.  I think he was referring to the guys that didn't get much PT this year, wanting to get them ready to contribute ALONG with the non-mentioned veterans.

Although, I'm not certain Macon will come back.  Just don't try to read too much into that quote.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 22, 2017, 08:08:24 am

Wouldn't be a shocker at all. Just need to get CJ ready.

hogwood

I watched that interview a few days ago and it was a really good one to watch. Barford' attitude just made me feel so much better about the loss and about the future. Go Hogs!

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: Rawker on March 21, 2017, 02:34:41 am

😂💯🏀🐗❤️❤️❤️

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 22, 2017, 08:08:24 am

I just read his tweets and didn't see anything indicating a desire to leave.

JayBell

Usually, you see a big jump in JUCO transfers from year one to year two.  Jabril Durham is a great recent example.  Barford and Macon made that jump early.  Barford especially looked lost in the offense at times in the first two-thirds of the season.  He really turned it on late in the season and became beasty on both offense and defense.  Macon really turned it on in his defense too.  It was a beautiful thing to watch.

That's why I'm not counting out Cook.  I've seen a lot of posters expecting him to transfer, but I hope he stays.  If you unleash Bailey and bring back an improved Cook, not many teams in the country are going to be able to match up with Arkansas' athleticism next year.

cityhog

At some point, for just one year, MA has to keep a team intact, sans seniors of course. I know it's an epidemic in college basketball, but if we're ever going to get over the proverbial hump, we need everyone who is on campus right now, and is eligible to play next year, to stay.

010HogFan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 22, 2017, 10:26:46 am

He deleted them.

LRHog

I hope you're not a matt in LR I know... cuz you sound like a punk.  :puke:

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 22, 2017, 10:26:46 am
The tweets were taken down yesterday.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hawg Red

Did Macon make multiple tweets about possibly leaving or just one about not being able to sleep because he has a lot to think about?

widespreadsooie

Barford is the most excited I've been for a player in a long time, and I do skip Portis. There was no sense of "we" on those teams (Portis/Qualls) because we couldn't afford it. Barford is all in and knows what he's doing to make not only himself better but everyone else too. Macon will be back, zero worries.

010HogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 22, 2017, 05:00:57 pm
Did Macon make multiple tweets about possibly leaving or just one about not being able to sleep because he has a lot to think about?

the overall tone of some of his tweets hasn't been good. Some of our best "fans" have been coming at him pretty sideways and he responded to them with "who do you think you are" and "remember what you just said." I wouldn't be surprised at all if he left.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 23, 2017, 10:43:12 am
the overall tone of some of his tweets hasn't been good. Some of our best "fans" have been coming at him pretty sideways and he responded to them with "who do you think you are" and "remember what you just said." I wouldn't be surprised at all if he left.

I've really got to hope and believe that Macon won't let those idiots influence him in such an important decision. He seems to be a smart and level headed young man so I am going to remain positive until we hear something official.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Hawg Red

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 23, 2017, 10:43:12 am

Hate it when fans do that. What do they think that is going to accomplish?

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

010HogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 23, 2017, 10:56:40 am
Hate it when fans do that. What do they think that is going to accomplish?

One told him that if he left he would be working at walmart and another said that he would be eating bread crumbs in Israel. Pretty messed up

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: 010HogFan on March 23, 2017, 12:19:44 pm
One told him that if he left he would be working at walmart and another said that he would be eating bread crumbs in Israel. Pretty messed up
Some people don't need access to social media
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hawg Red

Pisses me off. That kid won games for us and never considered playing for another school when other programs came knocking. All he ever did was want to get up to Fayetteville, help turn the program around, and play with a set of big ass balls. Let the kid think about his future.

code red

This is awesome.  I love Barford.  He will be our leader next year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

goodguytex

Quote from: code red on March 23, 2017, 01:48:58 pm
This is awesome.  I love Barford.  He will be our leader next year.
With who we are losing, he needs to step up and lead this team. Hopefully Macon will come back and help.

Letsroll1200

Daryl Macon has some solid advisors and family in Little Rock. I think Daryl will be back on the Hill next season without a doubt.

goodguytex

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 23, 2017, 02:07:02 pm
Daryl Macon has some solid advisors and family in Little Rock. I think Daryl will be back on the Hill next season without a doubt.
Hope so. We need him

BrooklynRoss

I love Barford. That guy has a serious motor and skills. He plays like a Razorback.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Hogs49ers

I was just reading on Daryl Macon's Twitter page and I found a post he retweeted on March 11th (during the SEC tournament) - the post he retweeted reads as:

@YoD4__ pls stay one more year!!!

IMO, Macon would not retweet that unless he had every intention of staying.  I know that was a couple weeks ago and things change, but I do feel good about him staying unless our stupid fans keep attacking him and push him away.
SCREW Vandy!

TNhawgfan

All fan bases have idiots, but good God we sure have our share. I would never tweet a kid half my age, it's weird.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 23, 2017, 06:54:26 pm
I was just reading on Daryl Macon's Twitter page and I found a post he retweeted on March 11th (during the SEC tournament) - the post he retweeted reads as:

IMO, Macon would not retweet that unless he had every intention of staying.  I know that was a couple weeks ago and things change, but I do feel good about him staying unless our stupid fans keep attacking him and push him away.

We have some real morons.
Could be an anderson hater hoping we suck next year so they can bang that agenda drum.

jry04

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 23, 2017, 06:54:26 pm

I may be wrong, but I honestly think he is just doing this for attention. Maybe he plans on leaving, and if he does then I hope it is what is truly best for him. However, he keeps tweeting at fans who say he has no shot at the NBA if he leaves. It is pretty clear he has zero shot at being drafted. If he makes the NBA it will be the PBev way. He keeps tweeting things like "we will see" and "you sure about that" and then deletes it. I think he is just doing this so everyone will talk about how bad we need him next year. We definitely need him in a bad way, and I hope he stays. However, realistically, if he leaves it is for overseas. The fact that Macon literally has been searching his name on twitter and then commenting on fans' tweets who say he will not make the NBA this year tells me he is seeking attention. Some fans have actually tweeted @ him, but a lot of his deleted tweets were ones he had to search for.

reddawg213

Quote from: jry04 on March 24, 2017, 06:53:26 pm
I may be wrong, but I honestly think he is just doing this for attention. Maybe he plans on leaving, and if he does then I hope it is what is truly best for him. However, he keeps tweeting at fans who say he has no shot at the NBA if he leaves. It is pretty clear he has zero shot at being drafted. If he makes the NBA it will be the PBev way. He keeps tweeting things like "we will see" and "you sure about that" and then deletes it. I think he is just doing this so everyone will talk about how bad we need him next year. We definitely need him in a bad way, and I hope he stays. However, realistically, if he leaves it is for overseas. The fact that Macon literally has been searching his name on twitter and then commenting on fans' tweets who say he will not make the NBA this year tells me he is seeking attention. Some fans have actually tweeted @ him, but a lot of his deleted tweets were ones he had to search for.

Him searching his name and seeing what people are saying about him tells us that he is at least seriously thinking about leaving as it would seem he wants to know where he would stay up. There would be no other logical reason for it unless he is just a narcissist which I think would be an unfair view of him.

Whatever he does hopefully he will do it quickly and at least give the Hogs a chance of replacing him with a quality player if he is going to bounce.

jry04

Quote from: reddawg213 on March 24, 2017, 07:02:00 pm
Him searching his name and seeing what people are saying about him tells us that he is at least seriously thinking about leaving as it would seem he wants to know where he would stay up. There would be no other logical reason for it unless he is just a narcissist which I think would be an unfair view of him.

Whatever he does hopefully he will do it quickly and at least give the Hogs a chance of replacing him with a quality player if he is going to bounce.
I am not sure we can accurately say why a 21 year old continues to search his name. In my opinion, unless he just wants to leave, he needs to at the very least file the paperwork to get feedback from the NCAA.