Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 year anniversary of Houston Nutt's phone call

Started by Wolfpride, February 10, 2017, 01:21:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfpride

I was listening to 103.7 The Buzz this am and they alluded to the Show with No Name playing that phone call between Wally Hall, HDN, and Tommy Smith that took plce 10 years ago.  Does anyone have audio of that?  Or is this just drumming up something people don't want to hear........?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I've never heard it but have always wanted to. They allude to it quite a bit
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 10, 2017, 01:26:42 pm

It was SUPER uncomfortable. Mostly because Wally just sat there and didn't say anything.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

davehog

I do not miss the "crazy" that was going on with the program back then. 

It makes me appreciate the here and now that much more.

DoctorSusscrofa

Which dead horse are we beating today?

If the hogs ever play a school whose mascot is a dead horse, we'll beat Em once and then relive the win every year.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Wolfpride

No dead horse......just heard about the phone call and wanted to hear it.  The horse is gone.  Thanks Factchecker.  I am done now.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.  And no good thing ever dies"
Andy Dufresne

DeltaBoy

onebadrubi

Seebs

My hate for Houston Nutt is so real and perfect that re-watching items in the thread only bellow the fires of Vitriol and disdain I have for him as a human being and certainly as a coach of my beloved Razorbacks.

Nutt is a liar, a coward, a narcissist and such a back-stabbing loser he cannot get a coaching job in his mid to late 50's because all programs know he is poison to both their programs and to the player's souls.

If you have children that begin to show any traits parallel to HDNs personality please begin shock therapy treatments and hire a priest for an exorcism.  HDN is the debil
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hawganatic

I did love Wally just sitting there speechless, no idea what to say, acting like a deer caught in the headlights. 

He had every chance to call Nutt out on the things he wrote in that article, and shat his pants instead...

Good times...

Sivad

Quote from: davehog on February 10, 2017, 02:34:12 pm
No kidding. It was a great day when Nutt was finally gone.

Biggus Piggus

It was and still is hard to believe that Nutt claimed he didn't allow Malzahn to run his offense. What a liar.
[CENSORED]!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 10, 2017, 01:26:42 pm
it was the day before we whipped LSU's arse when DDawg went crazy (along with a few others).
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig Power

I miss the "Harvey Don Knotts" spoofs on Bo's show.. Some of that was hilarious...

AFWarrior83

I miss the memes!  Device High, you've been slacking... 😄
Hogville member since 2005.

Sed76

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 11:01:00 am
It was and still is hard to believe that Nutt claimed he didn't allow Malzahn to run his offense. What a liar.

He a pathological liar.

phadedhawg

Nutt couldn't even go out without causing a fuss.  He had to upset the #1 team in the nation just to make us all feel even more uncomfortable...

Wild times...glad they are over. 

Mike Irwin

Both Nutt and Malzahn had people spinning information to the media and to the fans. Nutt's spin doctors were way too aggressive and pretty easy to see through. Malzahn had smarter people pushing his agenda. They fooled me big time.

Think what you will of Mitch Mustain's mom but she was the only one back then sending out warning signals about Malzahn. I should have listened to her.

porkurina

The whole mess killed my enthusiasm for Hog football.  It has never been the same.  I will admit that the  lawn twisted the knife all ready in my heart

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 13, 2017, 08:57:26 am
was this the toilet flush conversation?

I think that was a different phone call, on a national radio show.  Probably from a different year too.

Anyway, I've tried to find audio of that call for the last few years, but it's nowhere to be found.  Which is a shame.

lutherheggs

That phone call by Nutt was just another in a long line of judgment errors he could not keep from making. And he was gone within the year after that phone call and on to Ole Miss where he set them back a few years too.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on February 13, 2017, 05:37:23 pm
I think that was a different phone call, on a national radio show.  Probably from a different year too.

Anyway, I've tried to find audio of that call for the last few years, but it's nowhere to be found.  Which is a shame.
he was at Ole Piss during that I think
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Sivad

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 13, 2017, 07:25:12 pm
he was at Ole Piss during that I think
When Hootie was relieving himself live on the radio, yes he was Ole Miss' problem then.
What a guy.

Pigdiana Jones

What was it that mustains mom said about st. Gus?
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

tusksincolorado

OH what an awesome time on Hogville....

As my mother always said, "what comes around goes around!"

Nutt squander our program for his personal gains...runs to a historical rival...burned that program down, and now is unemployed. Hopefully forever!

Sounds like one of ole Bernie's ponzi schemes!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on February 13, 2017, 05:37:23 pm

lol it wasn't but I couldn't miss the opportunity to throw it out there.  It is on the internet and been posted on here before.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 13, 2017, 03:29:18 pm
Both Nutt and Malzahn had people spinning information to the media and to the fans. Nutt's spin doctors were way too aggressive and pretty easy to see through. Malzahn had smarter people pushing his agenda. They fooled me big time.

Think what you will of Mitch Mustain's mom but she was the only one back then sending out warning signals about Malzahn. I should have listened to her.

Hey Mike...a lot of good honest Hawg lovin' Arkansans drank the Nutt Kool-
Aid! We believed in Frank, read the gospel everyday from Orville's desk...we worshipped Lou, loved Kenny, and was told Nutt would get us to the plateau.

I just knew back from the "play ground days" in LR that a "pig is always a pig, no matter how you paint it!" Nutt was a con man at an early age....he just became better at it as he aged.

Malzahn...well he is just a different breed of cat.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: hawganatic on February 13, 2017, 09:05:25 am
I did love Wally just sitting there speechless, no idea what to say, acting like a deer caught in the headlights. 

He had every chance to call Nutt out on the things he wrote in that article, and shat his pants instead...

Good times...
Whatever negative opinion you might have about Nutt, Wally Hall is that times two.

HognitiveDissonance

As you might remember, Wally was generally a staunch defender of Nutt for a long time.
What really changed his tune was the fact that Nutt had referenced the word 'media' in a comment.
That really irked Wally, and led to the infamous column which Nutt was responding to, the one which was a series of statements like "The media didn't do this..." "The media didn't do that..."
One of them was "The media didn't force Darren McFadden to play in the Citrus Bowl when he wasn't 100%". McFadden had a bum ankle and was playing about 80% that game. 80% of DMac is better than most guys 100%, and he was cleared to play, so he played. But Wally made it out that he wasn't medically ok to play, and was forced to play anyway, like he had a major concussion or something. That's just one example of the column.

Again, you can have whatever opinion of Nutt you want...but Wally's column was a hatchet job, precipitated by someone saying anything perceived as critical of 'the media'. In other words, if Wally wants to be critical, that's ok, but no one is allowed to be critical of the him or the media in general. Double standard. Which is why I can't stand Wally. It's all about him. Or, to use his favorite word, 'apparently' it's all about him.

biglewhog77

I miss old Nutt :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hog.goblin

Quote from: Seebs on February 13, 2017, 08:59:21 am
Nutt is a liar, a coward, a narcissist and such a back-stabbing loser he cannot get a coaching job in his mid to late 50's because all programs know he is poison to both their programs and to the player's souls.

Well, that and 1 - 15 in his final 16 SEC games.

Sivad

pigture perfect

I have not had a problem with Nutts record here. His ego and Teresa Prewitt were his biggest enemies here.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 14, 2017, 01:39:20 am
I have not had a problem with Nutts record here. His ego and Teresa Prewitt were his biggest enemies here.
I said when Bielema was hired we were heading towards Nutt level of success again. And I'm not really knocking that, it was a good level, just not quite at Petrino's level.
Bielema = Nutt 2.0
It was obvious to me that CBB was a good coach, but you gotta be great to win big here.

PorkSoda

Quote from: davehog on February 10, 2017, 02:34:12 pm

no doubt.  he may not end up with a better record than nutt, but he definitely represents the program better.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Anybody

Houston Nutt only won 49.6% of his SEC games over a 10 year period.  Not good.

GO HOGS 2017 !

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Anybody on February 16, 2017, 09:18:47 pm
Houston Nutt only won 49.6% of his SEC games over a 10 year period.  Not good.

GO HOGS 2017 !
Bielema so far, after four years:

2013   0-8
2014   2-6
2015   5-3
2016   3-5
         ____
         10-22

If you remove the first two years, which is not unreasonable, then it's 8-8, for .500

Like I said, headed for Nutt levels of success. Already there, actually.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 13, 2017, 03:29:18 pm

No Doubt you need to get here on your radio show and let her know she was RIGHT!

Michael D Huff AIA

Anybody got the sound bite where Nutt says, "I called those plays, Chuck!"

secfan30

Quote from: tusksincolorado on February 13, 2017, 09:44:15 pm
Hey Mike...a lot of good honest Hawg lovin' Arkansans drank the Nutt Kool-
Aid! We believed in Frank, read the gospel everyday from Orville's desk...we worshipped Lou, loved Kenny, and was told Nutt would get us to the plateau.

I just knew back from the "play ground days" in LR that a "pig is always a pig, no matter how you paint it!" Nutt was a con man at an early age....he just became better at it as he aged.

Malzahn...well he is just a different breed of cat.

Don't forget, Broyles wanted Tubberville and he would have been a better hire.

Piggfoot

Not taking up for Malzahn because his ego is as big as Nutt's
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Piggfoot

To continue, Nutt needless public ally ridiculed Malzahn behind his back shortly after he was hired at a Jefferson Co Razoback meeting. Nutts remarks concerning Malzahn were in exceedingly poor taste and showed in my opinion a touch of jealousness.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

GoHogs1091

Nutt really only deserves credit for one thing, and that one thing is his hiring of Tracy Rocker.

The Nutt era can be described in one word, that one word being the word frustrating.