Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

up next: Vanderbilt.... Who just defeated UGA at home 81-66

Started by dsims2k3, February 07, 2018, 10:33:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

EastexHawg

Georgia stinks.  They are now 4-7 in conference play.  They can't shoot a lick.

rljjr

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 07, 2018, 11:41:38 pm

And we were lucky to win.

hogwildjoshua

elksnort

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 08, 2018, 09:24:03 am
What do you expect with Mediocre Mike at the helm?
Please tell me that the Mediocre Mike thing isn't catching on. Please tell me we're not that childish that we've resorted to making alliterative nicknames.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Letsroll1200

Cargill A. BullHog

Come on guys and gals, did we not just watch Coach A lead the team to a victory over a F4 team in USCe?  No matter what he does Coach A will have detractors trying to bring him down.  Coach A is working his tail off to bring back the glory days of 94 and we should be thankful.  Lets all get behind the bball team and cheer them on down the stretch.  If we can get into the NCAA's (which we should, we beat OK & UT) then look out!  If Macon and Barford get hot WE could run to the F4 like USCe did last year.  Go Hogs Go
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Dirty

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 08, 2018, 11:04:38 am
Come on guys and gals, did we not just watch Coach A lead the team to a victory over a F4 team in USCe?  No matter what he does Coach A will have detractors trying to bring him down.  Coach A is working his tail off to bring back the glory days of 94 and we should be thankful.  Lets all get behind the bball team and cheer them on down the stretch.  If we can get into the NCAA's (which we should, we beat OK & UT) then look out!  If Macon and Barford get hot WE could run to the F4 like USCe did last year.  Go Hogs Go

+1

Sow Lancelot

Another +1...........at least for the enthusiasm.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

EastexHawg

Why yes, this is exactly the same South Carolina team that went to the Final Four last year.  I hope we don't have to play Indiana State because they are the same team that went to the Final Four with Larry Bird.

SemperHawg

This one scares me a little.  This is an L that we can't afford, especially at home, and Vandy can get hot and shoot the lights out on you from three.  I'd be less worried if I felt better about our perimeter defense.

Letsroll1200

We don't defend the 3 ball well. South Carolina had some open looks and didn't knock them down. Arkansas might need to score 90+ points to win this game.

jst01

The recipe for the Hogs winning this game is quite simple:  Barford and Macon will have to combine for 50+ to go along with intense perimeter D.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2018, 04:00:13 pm
We don't defend the 3 ball well. South Carolina had some open looks and didn't knock them down. Arkansas might need to score 90+ points to win this game.
Well, this team is capable of that. Maybe it'll be like Ole Miss, where it was first team to 90.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

HeyHogs

I feel this game is an absolute must win for the Hogs.  In fact the Hogs not only need to win, they need to dominate the game start to finish.

hawganatic

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on February 08, 2018, 10:51:07 am
Please tell me that the Mediocre Mike thing isn't catching on. Please tell me we're not that childish that we've resorted to making alliterative nicknames.

New to the board?

la20688

I believe they're trying to sound like some orange guy who likes to tweet a lot.

hogwildjoshua

You have obviously lived under a rock for a while now if you think I'm the only one who has called that "Coach" Mediocre Mike.  Which he is 😂

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on February 08, 2018, 03:40:59 pm
Another +1...........at least for the enthusiasm.
Quote from: Dirty on February 08, 2018, 02:54:24 pm
+1

Ok, Thanks I think.  Im fairly new around here.  What exactly does "+1" mean?  Is that just a quick way to say "I agree" or some sort of mark to identify a post.  Im a bit confused.  But no matter how confused I get, Im still cheering for Coach A and the Hogs.  Another big game tomorrow vs Vandy.  Glad were not playing at that renovated YMCA that Vandy calls a gym.  I hate that place.  Went to a game there once in the late 90's and it was awful then, cant be better now.  Their benches are on the END of the court!  What kind of sick individual designed that place.  Probably one of the pencil pushers at Vandy who did a study on shot dynamics and the effects of accoustics on the trajectory of a missed free throw.  I HATE Vandy.  Go Coach A, and Go Hogs!
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

HognotinMemphis

Not saying Arkansas will lose to Vandy, but I feel pretty confident in saying that Vandy's Lachance will get plenty of open 3 attempts. Vandy recently beat LSU, TCU and GA and played Auburn, TN and KY close. They can easily win at BWA if Arkansas plays like it did vs LSU.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Who is the Willis kid from Fayetteville on the Vandy roster? Did Arkansas look at him when he was a senior?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

elksnort

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 09, 2018, 10:25:59 am
Who is the Willis kid from Fayetteville on the Vandy roster? Did Arkansas look at him when he was a senior?
This has been discussed on this board with varying opinions as to why he wasn't a hog.

Paul

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 08, 2018, 03:55:11 pm
This one scares me a little.  This is an L that we can't afford, especially at home, and Vandy can get hot and shoot the lights out on you from three.  I'd be less worried if I felt better about our perimeter defense.
They had the game won at Rupp:  missed the front end of a 1&1, missed the 2nd of a 1&1 & fouled on the rebound with a couple of seconds left, UK makes 2 FTs to send it into OT

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 08, 2018, 06:41:57 pm
You have obviously lived under a rock for a while now if you think I'm the only one who has called that "Coach" Mediocre Mike.  Which he is 😂

Possibly. But you and the other sound like tainted children every time you say it.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 09, 2018, 06:47:53 pm
Possibly. But you and the other sound like tainted children every time you say it.

And you sound like a biased fool when you try to defend Mike.  Can't even admit that he's an average coach.  Not BAD...but Average...or in this case mediocre

hawgball40

Quote from: la20688 on February 08, 2018, 05:16:36 pm
I believe they're trying to sound like some orange guy who likes to tweet a lot.
Who's, that? Draft Dodging Don?

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 08, 2018, 03:45:30 pm
Why yes, this is exactly the same South Carolina team that went to the Final Four last year.  I hope we don't have to play Indiana State because they are the same team that went to the Final Four with Larry Bird.

No, but it's the same coach. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Birminghog

Quote from: hogwildjoshua on February 09, 2018, 06:52:08 pm
And you sound like a biased fool when you try to defend Mike.  Can't even admit that he's an average coach.  Not BAD...but Average...or in this case mediocre

Is this the same "mediocre" coach who is one of only four coaches in the country to never have a losing season? THAT "mediocre" coach? Oh, okay.  ::)

ShadowHawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 07, 2018, 11:41:38 pm

Good enough to beat the #11 team in the nation on a neutral court.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Birminghog on February 09, 2018, 10:34:04 pm
Is this the same "mediocre" coach who is one of only four coaches in the country to never have a losing season? THAT "mediocre" coach? Oh, okay.  ::)

6 seasons. 2 tournament wins. You think that's better than mediocre?

dsims2k3

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 10, 2018, 07:03:54 am
16 years 3 tournament wins. CMA has 2 of those wins.The program has been LESS than mediocre long before him. There was a 7 year gap between wins #1 and #2. That's been the issue.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Razorback_Mack

Drew has done a terrible job with this Vandy team. Three big time seniors on the roster and he's dead last in the conference. There's a reason the media and most publications had Vandy finishing in the top half of the conference. They have plenty of talent. People are upset with Mike but Drew has orchestrated a real tank job.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 10, 2018, 07:03:54 am

No point talking with them Starcs...the Kool-Aid drinkers are relentless idiots  :puke:

golfinpig

Using the logic of the MA lovers, if a coach goes 15-15 every year and never has a losing season then he is a great coach.

Letsroll1200

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 10, 2018, 02:59:05 pm
We have to get this W today
Absolutely they do. If nothing else, it appears to be the most winnable game remaining.

jackflash

I would defend the three point shot would have to beat me inside