Simple poll..did we improve from game 2 to game 3

Started by mckinneyhog5, September 26, 2017, 11:47:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Improvement from TCU game to A@M game

Yes
111 (64.5%)
No
34 (19.8%)
Couldn't tell a difference. Stayed the same.
27 (15.7%)

Total Members Voted: 171

mckinneyhog5

September 26, 2017, 11:47:38 pm Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:58:22 pm by mckinneyhog5
Regardless of win or loss...did the hogs improve?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkrindjimmy

No....we lost. See, in the real world that is what counts...Wins...and Losses...

Nobody ever went up to lil Jimmy after he tried jumping that ditch for the 37th time and as the ambulance drove away, looked down at Jimmy, no teeth left, one ear torn off and said hey Jimmy, progression son. You cleared the stream this time.

We lost. Zero progression.

PRJ

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 26, 2017, 11:52:31 pm
No....we lost. See, in the real world that is what counts...Wins...and Losses...

Nobody ever went up to lil Jimmy after he tried jumped that ditch for the 37th time and as the ambulance drove away, looked down at Jimmy, no teeth left, one ear torn off and said hey Jimmy, progression son. You cleared the stream this time.

PRJ
So, yes we did improve but I'm willing to cry about the wins but count a loss as just a loss.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hogs49ers

Nobody ever went up to lil Jimmy after he tried jumped that ditch for the 37th time and as the ambulance drove away, looked down at Jimmy, no teeth left, one ear torn off and said hey Jimmy, progression son. You cleared the stream this time.

PRJ

This is stupid.  So the only way you could possibly see improvement is whether we win or lose a game???  So let's say we go into OT against New Mexico St., but we win the game - does that mean we have improved?  And then we travel to Bama and go into OT against them, but lose the game 38-35 - does that mean we regressed just bc we lost the game?

Not saying that we improved this week (I think we did improve on offense and slightly regressed on defense), I am just saying that your rationale is completely ridiculous and does not make much sense.
SCREW Vandy!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 26, 2017, 11:59:20 pm
This is stupid.  So the only way you could possibly see improvement is whether we win or lose a game???  So let's say we go into OT against New Mexico St., but we win the game - does that mean we have improved?  And then we travel to Bama and go into OT against them, but lose the game 38-35 - does that mean we regressed just bc we lost the game?

Not saying that we improved this week (I think we did improve on offense and slightly regressed on defense), I am just saying that your rationale is completely ridiculous and does not make much sense.

Here is what makes sense. In year 5, game 3, we lost. We aren't in year one..or year two, where we can count our baby steps as progress and chalk it up to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Year 5, we shouldn't be looking at progress as some moral victory. It isn't. We lost.

Jimmy had tried to jump the ditch 36 times. He tried it a 37th time. Just cuz he made it over the stream doesn't mean he cleared the other side of the embankment. He still failed. His momma took his bike away from him. Jimmy never did clear it.

Winners and losers.

PRJ

longpig

September 27, 2017, 12:07:34 am #5 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:41:10 am by longpig
Improved, was actually a very entertaining high drama game.  Mute point though because Bielema fielded an unprepared team AGAIN vs TCU. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 12:06:44 am
Here is what makes sense. In year 5, game 3, we lost. We aren't in year one..or year two, where we can count our baby steps as progress and chalk it up to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Year 5, we shouldn't be looking at progress as some moral victory. It isn't. We lost.

Jimmy had tried to jump the ditch 36 times. He tried it a 37th time. Just cuz he made it over the stream doesn't mean he cleared the other side of the embankment. He still failed. His momma took his bike away from him. Jimmy never did clear it.

Winners and losers.

PRJ

I am not arguing with you about whether we improved or not, and I do not think anyone could argue with that fact that in year 5, we have not seen the improvement and therefore have regressed this year.

I am arguing with your rationale of concluding whether we have improved or not based on either winning or losing a game.  That is an extremely stupid argument, but I am starting to sense that you are not too bright...
SCREW Vandy!

WaltonCollege

Need more beasts on the d line like agim, outside him zero production and zero depth. Bama has 6 agims they can rotate. Our O line is like 4 guys you find at the hper with ragnow in the middle. But offensive play calling improved to feed Hayden and WR Jones last game.

ShadowHawg

I tried to vote but couldn't find the option about teeth. But I am sure that we lost to a worse team Saturday than we did 2 weeks before that, teeth or no teeth.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 27, 2017, 12:12:49 am
I am not arguing with you about whether we improved or not, and I do not think anyone could argue with that fact that in year 5, we have not seen the improvement and therefore have regressed this year.

I am arguing with your rationale of concluding whether we have improved or not based on either winning or losing a game.  That is an extremely stupid argument, but I am starting to sense that you are not too bright...

You can sense whatever you want...it is you who is dim. The fact is they do not give awards for progression. They do not write you up in the history books for showing some progress..this isn't the 6th week of school and a progress report is sent home.

All that counts is sports, in competition is Wins...And losses. Do you want me to repeat again for you slowly? All.that.matters.in.the.life.of.competition.is.wins.and.losses.

I have forgot more than you likely will ever know.

You people are starved for daddy to pat your heads arent you? Tell you that you did good...Jeez.

PRJ

Hogs49ers

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 12:23:37 am
You can sense whatever you want...it is you who is dim. The fact is they do not give awards for progression. They do not write you up in the history books for showing some progress..this isn't the 6th week of school and a progress report is sent home.

All that counts is sports, in competition is Wins...And losses. Do you want me to repeat again for you slowly? All.that.matters.in.the.life.of.competition.is.wins.and.losses.

I have forgot more than you likely will ever know.

You people are starved for daddy to pat your heads arent you? Tell you that you did good...Jeez.

PRJ

Haha wow, you completely have missed the point.  I agree that all that matters in competitive sports is winning at the end of the day.  Again, went right over your head...I can clearly see that you will not be able to understand what I am saying, so I am done wasting my time arguing with you.  Good day sir.
SCREW Vandy!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 27, 2017, 12:26:11 am
Haha wow, you completely have missed the point.  I agree that all that matters in competitive sports is winning at the end of the day.  Again, went right over your head...I can clearly see that you will not be able to understand what I am saying, so I am done wasting my time arguing with you.  Good day sir.

You're missing my point. I don't care about progress in year 5. I care about wins. I am not looking for sparklers. Not looking for light, not looking for moral.victories.

Progress. Year 5 and we are talking about progress.

Good night

PRJ

East Clintwood

Technically, I don't think they improved much at all.

Their attitude was much better though which resulted in somewhat better play.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

moses_007

There was offensive improvement... we scored 43 points... and that should beat anyone in the SEC. But while the offense improved, the defense got much worse, allowing big chunks of running and passing plays.  So, balance everything out, and there wasn't enough improvement to write home about.

Iwastherein1969

yeah buddy did we improve...we were hitting on all cylinders, especially on defense...did you see that kick off coverage when some kid from A&M ran it down the sideline and we couldn't even push him out of bounds, but at least we tried...and then we are ahead with 4 minutes to go and we kick off to the A&M Twelfth Man and he ran it back from the thirty yard line to just past midfield...why we couldn't even tackle a kid from the student population before he got them in excellent field goal position to start a drive to tie the game and send it into overtime...but at least we tried...we were running around like a "wild bunch of Razorback hogs"...I see an SEC title if we continue to improve at the current rate....one thing I didn't understand though, was why our coach almost broke down and cried during the post game presser ?  oh well, maybe it was laughter through tears, my favorite emotion
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Don't know about improved but we proved we couldn't beat A&M again....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 27, 2017, 03:58:09 am
yeah buddy did we improve...we were hitting on all cylinders, especially on defense...did you see that kick off coverage when some kid from A&M ran it down the sideline and we couldn't even push him out of bounds, but at least we tried...and then we are ahead with 4 minutes to go and we kick off to the A&M Twelfth Man and he ran it back from the thirty yard line to just past midfield...why we couldn't even tackle a kid from the student population before he got them in excellent field goal position to start a drive to tie the game and send it into overtime...but at least we tried...we were running around like a "wild bunch of Razorback hogs"...I see an SEC title if we continue to improve at the current rate....one thing I didn't understand though, was why our coach almost broke down and cried during the post game presser ?  oh well, maybe it was laughter through tears, my favorite emotion

I'm ready for Bielema to be shown the door, but that kickoff return for a TD was horsecrap. The player that would have pushed kirk out of bounds was held and then basically tackled. Could chalk it up to the refs trying to make up for the blown TD but then they wouldn't have an excuse for that pass interference in OT.

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Hogwild

I voted stay the same.

The offense improved, much better on 3rd downs and put 43 points on the board

The defense looked worse, gave up over 500 yards of offense to a third string QB.

The special teams, made their kicks but failed to cover their kicks.

Redhogs

The lengths that some will go to justify a losing program just boggles the mind. 5 years of this idiocy.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Redhogs on September 27, 2017, 07:50:40 am
The lengths that some will go to justify a losing program just boggles the mind. 5 years of this idiocy.....

Who is justifying a losing program?  I don't see many. Looking for improvement doesn't justify anything. We are stuck with Bielema for the season. Some people are just looking for any bright spot they can find to try and enjoy football season. That's it. When the season is over it's time to partways with Bielema. Until then, I'll try to enjoy what parts I can. Football season is too shortlived to spend it bitter and pissed off the entire time (at least it is for me).
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

jkstock04

Not a chance. TCU is a legit team. A&M is akin to a sunbelt team.

Not surprising our fanbase will now try and make A&M a super power.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: PharmacistHog on September 27, 2017, 05:39:05 am
I'm ready for Bielema to be shown the door, but that kickoff return for a TD was horsecrap. The player that would have pushed kirk out of bounds was held and then basically tackled. Could chalk it up to the refs trying to make up for the blown TD but then they wouldn't have an excuse for that pass interference in OT.

Pretty evenly called game. There was another big 3rd down in the second half we converted for 20 or 30 yards where we had a blatant block in the back that didn't get called.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PharmacistHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 08:12:21 am
Pretty evenly called game. There was another big 3rd down in the second half we converted for 20 or 30 yards where we had a blatant block in the back that didn't get called.

Bad calls are gonna happen for sure. But doesnt negate the fact that he scored BECAUSE they missed a call. He more than likely would have been pushed out or tackled. Doesn't mean we would have won (no doubt we would have screwed it up anyway) but that TD can't totally be blamed on the defense.
Millennials suck...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

We didn't win, but we definitely improved, especially on offense. If the line showed even a sign of life we could be a top 25 team
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HardCore

Not enough to be any kind of a significant force in the SEC. 

If all the tarot cards come out right, Maybr (BIG Maybe) you sneak in and steal a W in Columbia.  Outside of that, Mizzou at home.

Don't really see much past that in conference play....at best.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

jm

DeltaBoy

Sad we are still starting SLOW Again in Year 5.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

gchamblee

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 26, 2017, 11:57:23 pm
So, yes we did improve but I'm willing to cry about the wins but count a loss as just a loss.

Ya PRJ is on his crusade and will dismiss everything that contradicts him.

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 12:30:51 am
You're missing my point. I don't care about progress in year 5. I care about wins. I am not looking for sparklers. Not looking for light, not looking for moral.victories.

Progress. Year 5 and we are talking about progress.

Good night

PRJ

So, you were totally cool with game 1 of the season? You weren't critical of our win?

Redhogs

Quote from: PharmacistHog on September 27, 2017, 08:05:35 am
Who is justifying a losing program?  I don't see many. Looking for improvement doesn't justify anything. We are stuck with Bielema for the season. Some people are just looking for any bright spot they can find to try and enjoy football season. That's it. When the season is over it's time to partways with Bielema. Until then, I'll try to enjoy what parts I can. Football season is too shortlived to spend it bitter and pissed off the entire time (at least it is for me).
That may be your stance, and it certainly is reasonable, but not so much with numerous other posters, who are willing to make any excuse for CBB and his miserable 5 year record.... I could name names but I won't.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 08:57:26 am
So, you were totally cool with game 1 of the season? You weren't critical of our win?

Yeah. We won...which we were supposed to do. Win.

And the only crusade I am on is a winning football program.  I realize your Bielema colored glasses make you think that I am on some unfair crusade against the man but you are wrong.

Again, I will ask you. I have asked this question to several and not a one can answer it with any thing other that nananana boo boo.

Tell me, on the field, where Bret is making this program better. Tell me how he has improved this football team in 5 years. I don't want integrity, no arrests, model citizens...on the field.

PRJ

gchamblee

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 09:17:10 am
Yeah. We won...which we were supposed to do. Win.

And the only crusade I am on is a winning football program.  I realize your Bielema colored glasses make you think that I am on some unfair crusade against the man but you are wrong.

Again, I will ask you. I have asked this question to several and not a one can answer it with any thing other that nananana boo boo.

Tell me, on the field, where Bret is making this program better. Tell me how he has improved this football team in 5 years. I don't want integrity, no arrests, model citizens...on the field.

PRJ

He hasn't, which is why I am ready for him to be replaced at the end of the year. However, reaching that point does not mean I have to abandon honesty and reasonable thinking.

majp51

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 26, 2017, 11:47:38 pm

I think you are missing at least two options. The first of course is "Frito Pie", I thought that was mandatory for all hogville polls. Kidding aside, there ought to be a "maybe/ don't Know" option. Simply because A&M is really bad, especially on Defense. So the fact that the Offense looked better than it had in the previous two games may not be improvement, but simply an indication of the quality of the team. Defense as well could have actually improved, but because the D-Coordinator was playing it safe, we actually look worse.

Now if we shutdown NMSU's Offense and have enough of a cushion that Cole plays the entire 4th quarter as QB, then I think it's safe to say we have improved.

007 License To Squeal

Poor question.  While we improved in one area (WRs getting open), we clearly regressed in others........
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

gchamblee

Quote from: Ward on September 27, 2017, 10:48:55 am
offense improved

def line and secondary improved

Ya I was ok withe the secondary considering we lost our best player for the season.

hogman64

No we didn't improve.. we still lost.  it is the same script do one thing better and two worse.  keep making the same stupid penalties at crucial times..  keep having special team breakdowns at crucial times. offense scores 43, but the defense gives up 43 + special teams 7....need a  late in the game stop on defense we  let them go 52 yards in 3 plays.   kick off team defends 5 kickoffs or how ever many  great then lets a guy  go 100  late in the game .  defense plays great (all except for 10 plays or whatever) but those 10 give up huge chunks of yardage..........  it never changes.. Hell NO we did not improve.  how can anybody fall for what looks like improvement in one or two  areas when overall it continues to be the same inconsistent play  half to half and week to week......

Hogs49ers

Well said. These are my exact thoughts as well.
SCREW Vandy!

Josh Goforth

Yes on offense no on defense. 1 step forward 2 back

solitons

we did better in game 3, except a few bad plays on defense

Hoggish1

Nobody ever went up to lil Jimmy after he tried jumping that ditch for the 37th time and as the ambulance drove away, looked down at Jimmy, no teeth left, one ear torn off and said hey Jimmy, progression son. You cleared the stream this time.

PRJ

Well, that's pretty harsh, don't you think? The Poll was about one progression, not the 37th...

31to6

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 26, 2017, 11:47:38 pm
Yes. But the rest of our schedule is not standing still.

Offense: better, more creative
RB: more carries for the hot hands
WR: Nance seems to be emerging. losing J-red will hurt.
TE: finding out which ones can be clutch and which ones are merely good
OL: hot mess but at least they are working through it. were better in the 4th after CBB pushed CKA aside and crawled up their asses
QB: better than TCU, but still making key mistakes.
Short yardage/Red Zone: MUCH better

Defense: hard to tell
DB: clearly worse due to injuries
DL: hard to tell when we rushed 3 all game.. 3 can't pressure 5, because math
LB: 2 good plays, one bust... improvement? not yet

Special Teams: still a dumpster fire, still bad--just in different ways
FG: we made one. Strike up the Band!!
KO/Punting: WTH. Bad play calling and execution here cost us the game.
KR/PR: one good return.... otherwise still something you hope you don't screw up instead of an opportunity to make a big play like they should

Hoggish1

Amen!  9 more games = stay bitter and grow worse so, or be positive and don't have a coronary, don't let the kids see we have irrational fans that have given up...  Bottom line: CBB is not going anywhere till, at the earliest, after the Mizzou game.