Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cliches and bs in the Demozette today

Started by HognotinMemphis, November 13, 2017, 01:49:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

You know the end is nigh when every article on the Razorbacks discusses losing and what you do about it, and the coaches and players responses are these:

We've got good kids. They fight. They are going to continue to battle for one another.

We just need to bring it all together for a four-quarter game.

The only thing we can do at this point is focus on the week ahead.

Our mindset is to win a game next week.

We're tight. We still believe in Coach B. We never give up on our coach.

We're still a family. We've got to stick together and move on. (don't have much more time to move on with only 2 games left. But Coach B will be moving on.)

We've got to really pull it together for these last two games.

I know this: I care a lot for our players. I know they care a lot about each other. (awww, so sweet!)

Our guys have great resiliency and in their preparation this week they were very spirited in practice. (Bret, just stop. You say this every week after a loss in which the team gets its arse kicked, which means your practices suck.)

We've just got to learn how to finish games in the 2nd half. (well, with only 2 games left, the learning is over. Not gonna happen.)

All of that from just 2 articles in today's paper.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

FANONTHEHILL

Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

DeltaBoy

Blood in the Water , Fire in the Sky
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

S.A.D.C

Look- everyone knows what is happening here.  It is over and every coach, player, and citizen of Arkansas knows it....
What do you expect them to say?  "We really suck, we didn't recruit good enough players, we are obviously not coaching very well, I am talking to my agent daily and have a realtor on speed dial."  ??

BroyledNutts

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 13, 2017, 01:49:04 pm
You know the end is nigh when every article on the Razorbacks discusses losing and what you do about it, and the coaches and players responses are these:

We've got good kids. They fight. They are going to continue to battle for one another.

We just need to bring it all together for a four-quarter game.

The only thing we can do at this point is focus on the week ahead.

Our mindset is to win a game next week.

We're tight. We still believe in Coach B. We never give up on our coach.

We're still a family. We've got to stick together and move on. (don't have much more time to move on with only 2 games left. But Coach B will be moving on.)

We've got to really pull it together for these last two games.

I know this: I care a lot for our players. I know they care a lot about each other. (awww, so sweet!)

Our guys have great resiliency and in their preparation this week they were very spirited in practice. (Bret, just stop. You say this every week after a loss in which the team gets its arse kicked, which means your practices suck.)

We've just got to learn how to finish games in the 2nd half. (well, with only 2 games left, the learning is over. Not gonna happen.)

All of that from just 2 articles in today's paper.

This is the connected media slow drip-feeding the fanbase with the reasoning for Bret to return. More to come before season's end.