Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Del Mar opening day

Started by jdelo77, July 19, 2017, 10:56:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jdelo77

Anyone playing today ? I'm on vacation and have $200 in my tvg account burning a hole in my pocket ! Ill look at the card and post a few plays in making later !!

jdelo77

Probably going to single arms runner ...

kingoftherapids

With Del Mar opening today, our expert handicappers have provided multiple selections to help you get started!

Race 6 (7:33 ET): Among the candidates in this second-level allowance for fillies and mares is Frenzified (#6, 9-2), who peaked here last summer when taking the CTT & TOC Handicap over 1 3/8 miles in just her third U.S. appearance. She went on to finish a solid third in the Rodeo Drive (G1) at Santa Anita.

Race 7 (8:03 ET): Jockey Mike Smith has gotten the best out of the lightly-raced Miner's Light (#1, 8-1). A deep closer, he sprinted in his first four outings before breaking his maiden on turf. One thing he hasn't done yet, surprisingly, is route on the dirt, but gets his chance Wednesday in this one-mile, entry-level allowance.

This is from a twinspires email

jdelo77

How in the hell does Israel ocampo win at Del Mar ? I swear when he was at OP he wasn't that good of a jock ?

kingoftherapids

nope. he wasn't. wonder how many times the connections had that 140 dollar early double. same trainer in the first two races