Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 04:25:09 am

Dubai

Started by ghostzapper, March 24, 2017, 08:48:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostzapper

I usually watch it because one of the tracks shown at Derby Lane shows the race live, but I don't bet it because it isn't offered at DL.  Anyone have access to a bet and, if so, how are you betting it?

userpick

At 8/5 or better will have a fairly large win bet on mind your biscuits.

jdelo77

Quote from: userpick on March 24, 2017, 11:26:16 pm
At 8/5 or better will have a fairly large win bet on mind your biscuits.

Good call !!! I had $50 to win and bet a dollar exacta over all just for the hell of it !!!

jdelo77

Arrogate broke horribly and some how still won the race ! Baffert said he was the greatest horse he's ever seen ..

Just watching him gallop out ...he's a muscle on muscle ..I know I'm late to the party..

hogoffate

Awesome performance by Arrogate.  Can't imagine any horse better in training now.  Gunrunner was impressive also; he was a good bit in front of all others.

ghostzapper

Beyer of 115 or 116.  Ran 4 or so lengths further than Gun Runner.  He is quite the horse and has already locked up HOY. 

Interesting comment by Baffert.  Throw that into the who's better - AP or Arrogate- debate.

userpick

Quote from: ghostzapper on March 26, 2017, 08:28:44 am
Beyer of 115 or 116.  Ran 4 or so lengths further than Gun Runner.  He is quite the horse and has already locked up HOY. 

Interesting comment by Baffert.  Throw that into the who's better - AP or Arrogate- debate.

There is no debate. Sure AP was only 3, but it doesn't matter. Arrogate performance yesterday is one of the best anyone will ever see.

kingoftherapids

Arrogate is the best dirt horse I've seen in my lifetime

jdelo77

I thought it was interesting that baffert said it was the best horse since secretariat , I think mike smith got a little redemption for Zenyattas last run ...

jdelo77

You have to wonder is AP would have kept running how good could he have been ?

kingoftherapids

I don't think he will ever get full redemption on zenyatta-blame.  Mare facing males and undefeated on the last run and to lose like that will never see redemption in his mind lol. Still the most heart breaking scene I've ever seen at a track that night at Churchill when an injury wasn't involved.  I was sitting in the IRS line and watching the people stream out of there crying was constant

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 26, 2017, 11:56:37 am
Arrogate is the best dirt horse I've seen in my lifetime

Even Ghostzapper?

kingoftherapids

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on March 29, 2017, 10:49:03 pm
Even Ghostzapper?
Ghostzapper was one of the most versatile horses in the fact he could win from 6f to 10f in crazy fast times. but what this arrogate has done in his last few starts is just unheard and he has done it pretty easily.   the money part is overblown because of how much the pegasus and world cup are worth. its the way in which he is winning the best dirt races in the world in different ways and making it look so easy. he ran by gunrunner like a college wide out running by a high school cornerback.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 30, 2017, 01:10:45 am
Ghostzapper was one of the most versatile horses in the fact he could win from 6f to 10f in crazy fast times. but what this arrogate has done in his last few starts is just unheard and he has done it pretty easily.   the money part is overblown because of how much the pegasus and world cup are worth. its the way in which he is winning the best dirt races in the world in different ways and making it look so easy. he ran by gunrunner like a college wide out running by a high school cornerback.

They are both total freaks.  I'd pay money to build a time machine and see 2 races in particular...Arrogate and Ghostzapper in a one turn mile race.  And then run those 2 against Zenyatta at a mile and a quarter with them going fast up front and her having a clean trip to run them down.  Oh how much fun it is to wonder about these time-warped races lol.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 30, 2017, 01:10:45 am

And just for the heck of it...let Holy Bull have a shot as those 2 in that mile race when he was fully cranked up.