Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChicoHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 30, 2015, 08:04:15 am
I've done better with college basketball than nfl, and college basketball is just plain weird.
I could use some college bball tips.  Let's hear 'em Sanity. 

hogsanity

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 30, 2015, 09:25:37 am
I could use some college bball tips.  Let's hear 'em Sanity. 

Well, I may be the wrong guy there. Mich St has been good at covering so far. Notre Dame scorched me 3 times last week. I've been playing the under in MIch St games, their D is pretty good. Kansas looks really solid, already won 3 times with them. My best plays so far have been the under in many games that look like mismatches. The favorites do not tend to be as focused, so their shooting is often not as good, passing not as crisp, basically roll the ball out and just take care of business.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

campushog23

Went 2-0 on Sunday to cap off a strong weekend. Also ended up adding Den +3 last night but won't count it towards the records since I didn't post it here. There were definitely some very questionable calls late in that game. Updated records:
7-2 NCAAF
5-1 NFL

SPAL

November 30, 2015, 06:30:59 pm #9303 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:25:22 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Browns -4...L

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: hogsanity on November 30, 2015, 09:32:46 am
Well, I may be the wrong guy there. Mich St has been good at covering so far. Notre Dame scorched me 3 times last week. I've been playing the under in MIch St games, their D is pretty good. Kansas looks really solid, already won 3 times with them. My best plays so far have been the under in many games that look like mismatches. The favorites do not tend to be as focused, so their shooting is often not as good, passing not as crisp, basically roll the ball out and just take care of business.

So what you are saying is now is the time to bet the Irish in hoops?  I'm on it
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: hogsanity on November 30, 2015, 09:32:46 am

I like this logic.  I defer to those that know more than me.  Let me know who to bet and when.
Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on November 30, 2015, 10:46:23 pm
I like this logic.  I defer to those that know more than me.  Let me know who to bet and when.

You might want to just fade me. Last night I had Wake -5, KY -20, mn-1.5, lsu-5.5 and OR -11. went 2-3. then in the nba I had GS-7 and okc-3, went 0-2 on those.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Quote from: hogsanity on December 01, 2015, 08:05:14 am
You might want to just fade me. Last night I had Wake -5, KY -20, mn-1.5, lsu-5.5 and OR -11. went 2-3. then in the nba I had GS-7 and okc-3, went 0-2 on those.

Soooooo hoops tonight?
Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on December 01, 2015, 01:04:04 pm

Soooooo hoops tonight?

YEa, but I am not going to do anything until 4 or 5pm, too busy to look at anything before that. Lot of college games that when I glanced last night looked pretty good.

Quote from: hogsanity on December 01, 2015, 02:31:45 pm
YEa, but I am not going to do anything until 4 or 5pm, too busy to look at anything before that. Lot of college games that when I glanced last night looked pretty good.

Will check in later
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

December 01, 2015, 05:02:41 pm #9310 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:25:09 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
I like Purdue +1...W

But I'm 0-3 on the year

onebadrubi

I'm on the following, take it for what it's worth.

Richmond +9
Villanova/St Joe's 1H over 67.5
Northwestern -1
San Diego St -3 (bought .5)

Just seeing this so didn't bet any hoops. It's more unpredictable than NFL
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Finally got off the mat in CBB...

Also, welcome to the new fellas that have been posting. The more the merrier. Is it just me, or does this year seem to be the best year we've had as a group?

DadVader1

December 02, 2015, 09:10:25 am #9314 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:21:16 am by DadVader1
I'm starting to tinker with graphing the weekly performance of the trends in hopes of being able to distinguish the good ones from the bad sooner rather than later.  Here is the graph of the trend hitting at 83.3% with 66 occurrences.  Hopefully, I'll be able to spot this type of trend by around week 6 or 7 next season and ride it for 6 or 7 weeks instead of only getting to ride it for 2 or 3. (A couple of notes on the graph: week 1 had no picks because the trend relies on team statistics that aren't available until week 2, and ignore weeks 14-16 because there is only data through week 13).

SPAL

hogsanity

Tonight:

Fordham -7.5 over St Johns. Until St Johns proves they are not simply awful I will keep playing them not to cover.

Mich St -5.5  also taking the over 136

Okie St -2 Tulsa

Miss St/TX So ov 150.

Duke -10.5

Gonz -9.5

SPAL

hogsanity

onebadrubi

Tulsa is better than most give them credit for.  But I don't think +2.5 is enough points.

Good luck tonight guys. I'm not playing any picks of my own tonight because I didn't have a chance to look today.

Like the mich st over and zags play

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 01, 2015, 11:54:41 pm
Finally got off the mat in CBB...

Also, welcome to the new fellas that have been posting. The more the merrier. Is it just me, or does this year seem to be the best year we've had as a group?

It does seem to be.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 02, 2015, 10:01:01 pm
Ugh.

That is all

Teams that I wont play at least for a while, been burned by them at least twice:

Notre Dame
Okie St
Georgia
Arizona
LSU

Take just about anyone against St John. They are abysmal. They lost one of their exhibition games by 20+ points, iirc.

onebadrubi

CBB teams I have seen with added value in their lines as of right now but I think Vegas will be catching up soon;

Tulsa
Butler
Cal
Wake Forrest
Valpo
Creighton (Although they gave a game away last night)
Mich st early (I think that is gone now though, but early in the tourney's they were cashing daily)
Texas A&M
Syracuse(Another may not be now though)

These are the ones I have had good success with so far this year. 

DadVader1

Here's what I've done so far, 3 units each on:

Mich St. -3(h)
App -18
W. Va. -6.5
NM St. +2  ( I JUST missed getting it at +3 darn it)

The 83% trend has only 1 pick this week, NM St. +2

DadVader1

December 03, 2015, 01:48:55 pm #9326 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:33:03 pm by DadVader1
In less than 2 hours, NM St. went from +3 to Pick'em.

As a side note, the 83% trend has no picks this week now that NM St. has moved to Pick'em.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DadVader1 on December 03, 2015, 01:48:55 pm
In less than 2 hours, NM St. went from +3 to Pick'em.

As a side note, the 83% trend has no picks this week now that NM St. has moved to Pick'em.

Vader, any of the other picks following trends or do you just like those games?

DadVader1

They all fall into a few nice trends, including some of the stronger trends of a few different rating systems.  The sheets love W. VA and App. 

campushog23

Packers -3

They have been terrible as of late but feel like they get it together tonight. Hopefully looking for some revenge from the previous meeting.

Packers -2.5 / 2 units
Over 47 / 2 units.

Two team parlay same way / 1 unit
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

I got the packers on one book -3+105 and -2.5 -105

Playing both

onebadrubi

Packers as well.  So that could be trouble...I think they have to win this game and in that situation it's either Aaron rogers or no play for me and since I have nothing else better to do I will be watching...might as well play. 

Huckleberry Pig

Rolling with y'all.

GB -2.5 / 2 units
Over -46.5 / 2 units

Parlay with both / 1 unit

Am a huge Cowboys fan but second favorite team is the pack.  Will be repping my Brett Favre jersey tonight

campushog23

Huckleberry Pig

Lol I expected this.  Anytime all of us are on the same side, it never bodes well

Huckleberry Pig

Still a lot of game left, GB gets a score here and we have a game

Huckleberry Pig

onebadrubi

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on December 03, 2015, 09:33:48 pm
Ya this one is done

Please let this crockett kid run us right back into the game.  He is fun and look at him bounce up just happy he has a chance.  That's fun to watch. 

campushog23

onebadrubi

Huckleberry Pig

I forgot to click "confirm bet".  This one hurts.

Oliver

If I was ever hiring a Defensive Coordinator, my first question would be:

1.  When is a good time to rush 3 defensive lineman?

If their answer is anything other than, "Never", I'd say, "Thanks for coming by."

That one hurt.

SPAL

Wow. Sometimes it really is better to be lucky than good.  I've lost some games by crap like that, I think it is NY first win.

DadVader1

Between Tulsa's pick six cover and GB's Hail Mary cover, the ball has been bouncing our way lately.  Adds to the fun of it.

onebadrubi

I was also on the Tulsa side of the Tulsa Tulane game.   I enjoy these but that being said we lose just as many by bad calls or stupid plays as well

Huckleberry Pig

still upset I forgot to confirm the bet.  Though to be fair, for all but the last play, I would have been very excited to not have placed the bet. 

Maybe that was my sign to stay away from NFL like I had said I would do lol

Who's ready for NCAAF this weekend??  any leans?

SPAL

Somebody tell me why I shouldn't hammer Wake -5 tonight?

widespreadsooie

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 04, 2015, 01:10:56 pm

I'm wondering the same. I can't find a reason to not hammer Wake.

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 04, 2015, 01:10:56 pm

Because, for me anyway, I have a hard time betting against teams I really root hard for. Also, anytime I have bet against the Hogs I get burned. But yea, if you are not emotionally attached to the Hogs, there is no reason not to bet WF pretty hard.