Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'll ask it. Will a feeler be sent to Bobby Petrino's agent during this search?

Started by Hollywood870, November 20, 2017, 10:09:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

Jackson_64

Lane Kiffin.

And it is way closer to happening then you think.

Way closer.

PRJ

hawgball40

jgphillips3

No.  I don't think he should have been fired but re-hiring him would be a mistake.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hogfanmd

I have thought about that.
I think he and Gus are both gone for good
If the UA rehired him, even if they wanted to, it proves they didn't have to fire him in the first place and this whole 6 year dumpster fire and millions wasted was simply not necessary. (Which it wasn't IMO)
Administrative malpractice at the highest level
Only Jeffrey Immelt could eclipse such mismanagement

Thus NO.    No Bobby P

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

moses_007

redeye

Bobby will likely never coach another game in the SEC and certainly not for Arkansas.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 20, 2017, 10:16:44 pm
I have thought about that.
I think he and Gus are both gone for good
If the UA rehired him, even if they wanted to, it proves they didn't have to fire him in the first place and this whole 6 year dumpster fire and millions wasted was simply not necessary. (Which it wasn't IMO)
Administrative malpractice at the highest level
Only Jeffrey Immelt could eclipse such mismanagement

Thus NO.    No Bobby P
How many times do I have to say this. The firing of Bobby Petrino, in no way, mitigated the University of Arkansas for being sued for civil criminal malfeasance. Not a single person who interviewed for that job has filed suit in any court against the UA.  Why ? Because there is no wrongful act. Good God Almighty, how many times do I have to utter these words. People in Arkansas are just hard headed. Besides, say there were cause for civil action, it would be Jeff Long who would have been the person named to the suit along with the UA. Petrino could no more put someone on the payroll without Jeff Long's approval than I can pick a dime off the top of a basketball backboard.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

urkillnmesmalls

I think there's a legitimate chance that BP will send a letter, but it won't be to the UA.  It will be to Jeff, but it won't be nearly as loving as the one he got from BB.

"Hahahaha....take that, Jeff."

-  CBP (XOXOXO)   :P
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

RME

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 10:19:38 pm
No. Who wants his blah personality back here?

I'd take a coach with the personality of my ceiling fan if he gave us 10+ win seasons and kept his dick in his pants.

Libertarian Hog

Yes, although there is a good chance he would not be interested, he is such a great coach and man of good character that we should go after him even though it is a long shot.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God, for if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jeffersxon

hogfanmd

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 20, 2017, 10:26:50 pm
How many times do I have to say this. The firing of Bobby Petrino, in no way, mitigated the University of Arkansas for being sued for civil criminal malfeasance. Not a single person who interviewed for that job has filed suit in any court against the UA.  Why ? Because there is no wrongful act. Good God Almighty, how many times do I have to utter these words. People in Arkansas are just hard headed. Besides, say there were cause for civil action, it would be Jeff Long who would have been the person named to the suit along with the UA. Petrino could no more put someone on the payroll without Jeff Long's approval than I can pick a dime off the top of a basketball backboard.

I am agreeing with you
Hiring him proves they didn't have to fire him
They would never admit they were wrong 

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Iwastherein1969

I do. I grew oh so weary of flip flops, monster bellies, drinking until you were ish faced and eating like food would no longer exist on the planet tomorrow. This man had one good season recruiting and then he literally ate and drank his way to morbid obesity which has to slow your energy level down to non existent. We recruited Fayetteville High School as though the Bulldogs play the best school-boy football in all the land. Why ? Because it became convenient. Dare I say the past 3 years we have had more FHS players on the roster than at any other time in UA history. Just a guess, but I'd bet I'm right or close to it.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hawgball40

with the way you've been blushing about Gus on here, it's safe to say that your opinion on BP can be completely disregarded as being biased.