Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss best recruiters in college football apparently

Started by hollywood hog, November 12, 2015, 02:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2015, 12:17:56 pm
At some point all that talent is going to overcome their coaching deficiencies.  Kind of like what is happening at Clemson this year.

Clemson will be more talented next season than they are this season.

They have talent this current season, but you will be hard pressed to find a better Assistant Coaching Staff than Swinney's Assistant Coaching Staff.

There is 3 Assistant Coaches on the Clemson Staff who have coached in a total of 7 National Championship games (Venables 4  Brooks 1  Pearman 2).

There is 2 Assistant Coaches on the Clemson Staff who have coached in the NFL (Hobby and Reed).

PLHawg

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:16:16 pm
If there was cheating going on, especially with the NCAA all over town with the Tunsil loaner car thing, it would have come out.  That's all I hear from the State people too (talk about a sorry class they're putting together...).  But it's dangerous to just blame "brown bags and couriers" when your opposition is outworking most in the conference.  They have this down to a science.  Bret is a fine coach, but he needs to surround himself with great recruiters and with a staff that stays together. 

By the time the ink is dry, Arkansas will have a fine class as well.

Not meaning to flame because you come across as a pretty good guy (for an Ole Miss fan), but should anyone be naive enough to believe that Ole Miss can all the sudden start signing top ten recruiting classes out of nowhere without some pretty nefarious stuff going on?  I don't care how good of recruiters or salesmen your staff is comprised of, the only way you guys are consistently getting these top-ranked recruits is payola.  I'm not saying that out of spite, or sour grapes or anything else, just stating facts.  You guys will probably never get busted for it because the NCAA just doesn't really seem too concerned about that in this day and age.  How are you recruiting some of the best African-American athletes to a state that traditionally (going WAY back) has some of the most serious racism, segregation issues of any state in the country?  I've been to Jackson in the last few years and it's still very apparent.  It doesn't add up, so no I don't believe your coaches possess this magical quality to just entice any athlete they want without some serious "incentives" going on. 

presidenthog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on December 16, 2015, 01:40:45 pm
Clemson will be more talented next season than they are this season.

They have talent this current season, but you will be hard pressed to find a better Assistant Coaching Staff than Swinney's Assistant Coaching Staff.

There is 3 Assistant Coaches on the Clemson Staff who have coached in a total of 7 National Championship games (Venables 4  Brooks 1  Pearman 2).

There is 2 Assistant Coaches on the Clemson Staff who have coached in the NFL (Hobby and Reed)
would you like some knee pads so your knees don't get dirty for your nightly visits to mr. Venables' house?

COCHISE

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 16, 2015, 01:34:07 pm
Hey dude was your brain on auto-pilot when you typed this? ;D
What do you not get? If Ole Miss was cheating this year, they would have been caught since the NCAA is still in town investigating their cheating last year. Come on man, sound logic.  ;D

RME

Quote from: presidenthog on December 16, 2015, 01:43:15 pm
would you like some knee pads so your knees don't get dirty for your nightly visits to mr. Venables' house?

Presenting facts makes you a suck-up?

LAGNAF

Quote from: PLHawg on December 16, 2015, 01:42:34 pm
Not meaning to flame because you come across as a pretty good guy (for an Ole Miss fan), but should anyone be naive enough to believe that Ole Miss can all the sudden start signing top ten recruiting classes out of nowhere without some pretty nefarious stuff going on?  I don't care how good of recruiters or salesmen your staff is comprised of, the only way you guys are consistently getting these top-ranked recruits is payola.  I'm not saying that out of spite, or sour grapes or anything else, just stating facts.  You guys will probably never get busted for it because the NCAA just doesn't really seem too concerned about that in this day and age.  How are you recruiting some of the best African-American athletes to a state that traditionally (going WAY back) has some of the most serious racism, segregation issues of any state in the country?  I've been to Jackson in the last few years and it's still very apparent.  It doesn't add up, so no I don't believe your coaches possess this magical quality to just entice any athlete they want without some serious "incentives" going on. 

There is no real success unless you're cheating? I'm not fond of OM but I could care less about their recruiting class...I do care what the scoreboard reflects after we play them.

Wildhog

Ole Miss has already been caught this year.  The NCAA is just a spineless organization.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: LAGNAF on December 16, 2015, 01:47:20 pm
There is no real success unless you're cheating? I'm not fond of OM but I could care less about their recruiting class...I do care what the scoreboard reflects after we play them.

As long as Bucky is there, we'll have a good/great chance of winning the game every year, no matter the stars.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2015, 12:17:56 pm
At some point all that talent is going to overcome their coaching deficiencies.  Kind of like what is happening at Clemson this year.
Well it took about 4 miracles to keep them out of the SEC championship game and possibly the playoff.  So maybe they didn't mess up that many things.

presidenthog

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on December 16, 2015, 01:45:29 pm
Presenting facts makes you a suck-up?
You must not know his posting history. just click on his name and read some it's pretty great.

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 16, 2015, 01:53:04 pm
Well it took about 4 miracles to keep them out of the SEC championship game and possibly the playoff.  So maybe they didn't mess up that many things.

I think it was 5 turnovers and a lucky bounce that even got them to the potential miracles.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: presidenthog on December 16, 2015, 01:43:15 pm

Dan Brooks might actually be the best Assistant Coach on that Clemson Staff.  Venables stated during his speech in Little Rock at the Broyles Award Ceremony last week that "Brooks is the best in the business."

Brooks was John Chavis' Defensive Line Coach at Tennessee.  Brooks' 1998 Tennessee Defensive Line gave up just 5 rushing touchdowns total during the 1998 season.

southarkhog06

Wild you just had to go and say Clemson didn't you.

Wildhog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on December 16, 2015, 01:58:25 pm
Wild you just had to go and say Clemson didn't you.

I forgot about Venables.  It's like the Bat-signal to 1091.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

southarkhog06

Quote from: Wildhog on December 16, 2015, 01:59:20 pm
I forgot about Venables.  It's like the Bat-signal to 1091.
Its like he created an app that sends him an alert everytime anything Clemson is brought up on here.

The Hogfather

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on December 16, 2015, 01:55:21 pm
Dan Brooks might actually be the best Assistant Coach on that Clemson Staff.  Venables stated during his speech in Little Rock at the Broyles Award Ceremony last week that "Brooks is the best in the business."

Brooks was John Chavis' Defensive Line Coach at Tennessee.  Brooks' 1998 Tennessee Defensive Line gave up just 5 rushing touchdowns total during the 1998 season.

What does Stansbury think of him, though?  That's the true test.  Well, unless you can get Conque's opinion.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:00:11 pm
Hugh is the man.  As is Kiffin and Luke. Isn't over either, as we're expected to get Deontay Anderson, Shyiem Carter, Drake Davis and Jeffrey Simmons.  His best class ever.  Add to that we're in the top 3 for Rashan Gary and Mique Juarez. 

Doesn't look good though for Devin White.  He's likely Arkansas, maybe LSU.  Great player.  Congrats.  We also really wanted Bolles, as he's one of the few JUCO lineman ready to step in and start.  He's a hard Hog lean as well.  Good catch.

Can you tell me why you think Bolles is a Hog lean?

onebadrubi

Kevin and gohogs in one thread together are too much. 

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

scruf

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:10:31 pm
That wasn't even the play that steamed me.  No facemask, no two point.  Had him tackled easy, but Allen tucked his head at just the wrong time.  Oh well.  Had that facemask not occured, and had OM beaten Florida in Atlanta, it could have knocked Bama from the top 4, and we'd be in Orlando rather than New Orleans. So it is what it is, and I'm looking forward to kicking some OSU rear.

You'll kill KSU.  Not even close.
KevinOMReb

Kevin, weren't you the guy that threw a tantrum and bitched to high heaven that your Team got robbed and now you come back sucking up to hogville?

Quote from: COCHISE on December 16, 2015, 01:45:28 pm
What do you not get? If Ole Miss was cheating this year, they would have been caught since the NCAA is still in town investigating their cheating last year. Come on man, sound logic.  ;D

How dare you Cochise!! Haha... But seriously, isn't KevinOMReb the same dried up cornpone that posted a stream of butt hurt on here when we beat the best that $$$$ could buy down in OL'Sip?

"November 07, 2015, 11:33:10 pm »
Ball should have been dead once it hit the ground.   Game over."

"November 07, 2015, 11:37:08 pm »
A lateral becomes a fumble once it hits the ground.  Fact.  And the rule pertains to 4th down plays.  We were screwed."

"It was a clear face mask.  But the game was over when the lateral hit the ground per NCAA rules."

And here you go posting links from other idiots who don't like the rules to support your butt hurt.

http://footballscoop.com/news/ole-miss-should-have-won-that-game-no-really-they-should-have-won/

And here is your last garbage post to somehow prove your point... Which was wrong but you knew that.

"http://trib.al/Ag7W2tq  Illegal."

C'mon man... If the NCAA still had a spine your "OL'Sip Plantation Owners" would be serving a death penalty for paying recruits to visit. Honestly, I can't believe other schools haven't hired PI's to dig up the real dirt on your garbage program to force the NCAA into action.

Hoggish1

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 16, 2015, 12:16:35 pm
You can say whatever you want about Freeze and his coaches' coaching ability, but it's obvious they are awesome recruiters that these young men love. Are they doing something dirty? Maybe, but it's only cheating if you get caught

It's only cheating if you get caught? 

Please, just go away while you have a chance before you embarrass yourself any further...

Hoggish1

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 16, 2015, 12:10:38 pm
#1 OT Greg Little. Just committed...how are they doing thi$?  :puke:

There is still time for the kid to realize what he's done.

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 1h1 hour ago

Courtney Cronin Retweeted Northwest Rangers

Former Ole Miss DT signee Chris Williams has signed with Louisville.

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 12m12 minutes ago

More updates on the JUCO NSD blog include Ronald Walker signing w/ Louisville just now: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/12/16/juco-signing-day-live-updates/77412180/ ...

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

LRrazorback

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:16:16 pm
If there was cheating going on, especially with the NCAA all over town with the Tunsil loaner car thing, it would have come out.  That's all I hear from the State people too (talk about a sorry class they're putting together...).  But it's dangerous to just blame "brown bags and couriers" when your opposition is outworking most in the conference.  They have this down to a science.  Bret is a fine coach, but he needs to surround himself with great recruiters and with a staff that stays together. 

By the time the ink is dry, Arkansas will have a fine class as well.

Kevin if I've said it once I've said it a million times, you don't go average forever, average record, facilities, campus, less than average coach and staff with a racial flare up on campus a couple years ago but great recruiting classes without cheating. Doesn't make sense

The Hogfather

Quote from: LRrazorback on December 16, 2015, 03:12:51 pm
Kevin if I've said it once I've said it a million times, you don't go average forever, average record, facilities, campus, less than average coach and staff with a racial flare up on campus a couple years ago but great recruiting classes without cheating. Doesn't make sense

Yep.  It doesn't happen.  They're cheating and every unbiased person with a brain knows it.

LA Football fan

It appears that Ole Miss has decided if Bama can buy players to get to the top and stay there, they can too.  I don't blame them.  It is obvious the NCAA could care less about money floating around to players as long as it stays behind the scenes and out of the front news page.   Since the new commissioner, the NCAA has looked pretty anemic in enforcing recruiting violations.  Numerous stories of improprieties yet their staff apparently cannot find anything even though numerous individuals have clearly indicated money is changing hands on recruiting trips not to mention other incentives.   Right now if you aint cheating you aint trying and that is the reality of what is going on.  Ole Miss will be fine until they knock Bama out of the SEC championship and it almost happened this past year.  Once that occurs, we might see a much more involved investigation into Ole Miss recruiting tactics by the SEC office.

The other thing to keep in mind is the demographics of Mississippi favor the school in attracting high level, minority athletes.  That part of the equation cannot be overlooked as another drawing card for their program.    Interesting to see Ole Miss at #1.   Red flags and bells and whistles should be going off with every recruiting investigator at the NCAA.  As they say, nothing to see here.  8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 16, 2015, 12:10:38 pm
#1 OT Greg Little. Just committed...how are they doing thi$?  :puke:

Isn't Ole Mi$$ under investigation...?  8)

jbcarol

December 16, 2015, 07:19:45 pm #129 Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 02:30:14 pm by jbcarol
Suzanne Halliburton ‏@suzhalliburton 6h6 hours ago

Very creative! Greg Little, the state's top recruit, uses sky writing to announce his decision http://collegesports.blog.statesman.com/2015/12/16/greg-little-the-states-top-recruit-uses-sky-writing-to-announce-his-decision/ ... @statesman

QuoteIt was the stylized production of the decision that was most impressive. Little unveiled his announcement in a video. He wore multiple jerseys and was shown walking down the tunnels of several stadiums from his list of schools, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss and Auburn.

He walked out to blue skies, as "Ole Miss" appeared in the sky.

Access to video

SportsDayHS ‏@SportsDayHS 18h18 hours ago

Top-ranked D-FW recruit Greg Little (former A&M commit) announces commitment to Ole Miss

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hog N Bama

Quote from: KevinOMReb on December 16, 2015, 01:01:07 pm
He's been on campus 3 times, once with family.
That makes it even MORE  a mystery. He visits that dump Oxfart, then sees the facilities are old and outdated, and STILL commits? Yeah right.

ChicoHog

Quote from: LRrazorback on December 16, 2015, 03:12:51 pm
I don't get it either.  I understand when these stud players go to Bama, USC, Florida,Ohio st, etc., but when teams like Mississippi and recently Baylor start getting these studs something else is going on.  Reminds me of Auburn a few years ago but at least Auburn has a pretty good tradition over the last 20 years while Oxford does not except for some mild success with Eli in the early 2000's.  The current Mississippi staff must be doing what Auburn did then and the only thing I can come up with is they pretty much let the inmates run the asylum.  Auburn did that and preached the "family" term all the time and of course many of them got into trouble because there was no discipline or accountability.  I'm thinking Freeze is doing the same thing there?  I don't really know but there has to be some reason these kids are finding them so attractive.  So my best guess outside the payola line of thinking is that they are not as structured and disciplined which many kids enjoy.  And their recent success with Tunsil probably helped get Little also.

NaturalStateReb

Whatever you think about it, I'm convinced now that that seasons are made and lost in the living room, not on the field.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Parrish Alford ‏@parrishalford Dec 16

From .@oxfordcitizenjd good stuff on the Greg Little commitment to #OleMiss. http://insideolemisssports.com/2015/12/16/know-your-recruit-rebels-garner-pledge-from-greg-little/ ...

QuoteGreg Little of Allen, Texas picked the Rebels over a bevy of offers, including Alabama. Little was previously scheduled to announce his college choice back in November, but that announcement was postponed. Ole Miss has been the leader in the process. Little is the second player from Allen to have given a verbal pledge for the Rebels. Safety Jaylon Jones picked Ole Miss this past spring.

Little's pledge not only pushed the Rebels up the recruiting rankings, it also secured the  expected loss of Laremy Tunsil at left tackle following the Allstate Sugar Bowl...

Inhogswetrust

I think I'll buy stock in a window company.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 17, 2015, 04:08:21 pm
I think I'll buy stock in a window company.............................

This made me laugh.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Mike Farrell ‏@rivalsmike 10h10 hours ago

#OleMiss continues to show it is not fluke on recruiting trail. http://rvls.co/3PointStance12-18 ... #HoddyToddy

QuoteThey are currently the only team in the nation -- not Alabama, Florida State, USC or any of the other usual suspects -- to have multiple five-star prospects committed at this point in the recruiting year.

jbcarol

Ben Garrett Retweeted
Scout Recruiting ‏@scoutrecruiting 16m16 minutes ago

Scout's Race to National Signing Day breaks down the latest commits in the #SEC. http://on.scout.com/WbPQx 

lamont7906

Question Ole Miss never been a power house in football except in the 60's I could be worng. A great recruiter can build up a program even getting high level recruits. My question is have there ever been a shift in recruiting like at Ole Miss that has not been a brand name school? A shift that happen that quick  without the accolades of winning  a lot of games or making it to a big bowl before recruits took notice? Freeze didn't win a championship at a major College before taking over in Ole miss like Saban did with LSU. Dabo built up Clemson and start getting high level recruits, being in the SEC helps but it's not the end all so how is Ole Miss doing it and I looked and the high level recruits are not even from the state.

scruf

jbcarol

#ArmyBowl ‏@ArmyAllAmerican  24h24 hours ago
This kid's good. #MVP.

jbcarol

Yancy Porter ‏@YancyPorter  14m14 minutes ago
4-Star Ath @CallawayMarquez confirms he's visiting #Vols (1/15), #MSU (1/23), and #OleMiss (1/30). #Clemson & #OhioState are possible visits

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 8h8 hours ago

5-star OLB Mique Juarez releases his top 3, has Ole Miss among the mix of UCLA, Alabama http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2016/01/13/ole-miss-top-3-5-star-lb/78775078/ ...

QuoteJuarez is the nation's No. 16 overall prospect, according to the 247Sports composite and the No. 2 outside linebacker in the country. He has already taken visits to Ole Miss (Nov. 21) and UCLA and announced at U.S. Army All-American game practices that he will take an official visit to Alabama on Jan. 22.

Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze conducted an in-home visit with Juarez last month [in California].

Inhogswetrust

I wonder if they are going to start checking those old misses recruits ACT scores?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Luke Logan
‏@Luke_Logan10

Proud to announce my commitment to the University of Mississippi! #HottyToddy

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin  15m15 minutes ago
Courtney Cronin Retweeted Drew Champlin
Looks like Alabama RB Denzel Mitchell has committed to UAB today. Was committed to Ole Miss for awhile.

jbcarol

Derek Tyson Verified account
‏@DerekTysonESPN

ESPN300 WR Nate Craig-Myers is no longer taking an official visit to #OleMiss this weekend.

jbcarol

McCarthy Brown ‏@macbrown854 14h14 hours ago Eden Prairie, MN

I am excited to announce that I will being playing football at Ole Miss! #HottyToddy

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 50m50 minutes ago

Quick story: Ole Miss adds a top-100 wide receiver in Florida product Tre Nixon. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2016/01/25/florida-wr-tre-nixon-commits-ole-miss/79306334/ ...