Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (19-9, 8-7) @ Alabama (17-11, 8-7)

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 24, 2018, 04:11:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogz87

Looking at various versions of "Bracketology", Alabama is pretty much a consensus 8-seed caliber team and we just beat them on the road.

That's a quality win and should solidify our position in the tournament.  Unfortunately, for the third time in four trips since 2009, it'll probably be as an 8 or 9 seed which means a second round game against a 1-seed if we do manage to win our first round game.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Razor_back on February 24, 2018, 07:15:57 pm
Good Win!! Maybe some of you can actually be happy for a bit.

Don't bet on that.  There is too much childish bickering going on here.  I don't know how to fix it other than go undefeated.  Even then I'd think there would be some.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

liljo

Quote from: jst01 on February 24, 2018, 07:12:24 pm
Then you take sports way too serious.

Maybe so. Admittedly, I take negative b--ch-ng very negatively.

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

liljo

Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

liljo

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on February 24, 2018, 06:26:37 pm
We lost this game when Anderson pulled the starters and allowed 10 pt lead evaporate before half

Negative.

Yosemite Ham

Elmer Fudds a [CENSORED]

TheRazorback500

Congrats to Dustin Thomas, and Jones and Bailey for the bench help. Great win! WPS
Do you wanna get Rocked?

waphill

We played a lot of matchup zone this game. Let's continue that.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

liljo

liljo

Quote from: hoglady on February 24, 2018, 07:22:16 pm
Well - that was stressful!!

Way to go Hogs - big win!!

POSITIVE!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOUEEEEEEEEE!!!

razCzar

Quote from: hoglady on February 24, 2018, 07:22:16 pm
Well - that was stressful!!

Way to go Hogs - big win!!
Know what you mean.
Missing those last three FTs was a blessing.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on February 24, 2018, 07:17:31 pm
Don't bet on that.  There is too much childish bickering going on here.  I don't know how to fix it other than go undefeated.  Even then I'd think there would be some.
They'd be bitching that we didn't win by a larger margin.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

razCzar

Quote from: liljo on February 24, 2018, 07:23:57 pm
POSITIVE!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOUEEEEEEEEE!!!
You misspelled Sooie again.. lol.
But I'm with you anyway bro.

BoarEd

Huge win.
Arkansas's bench was great tonight. Doubled up Alabama in points off the bench. I can't express how big that is for this team to do that on the road against a good, and scrappy, Alabama team.

Very impressive tonight

liljo

Quote from: BoarEd on February 24, 2018, 07:26:46 pm
Huge win.
Arkansas's bench was great tonight. Doubled up Alabama in points off the bench. I can't express how big that is for this team to do that on the road against a good, and scrappy, Alabama team.

Very impressive tonight

Great win!

hoglady

Quote from: razCzar on February 24, 2018, 07:24:41 pm
Know what you mean.
Missing those last three FTs was a blessing.

Yes it was - thankful for Dustin Thomas making the last guy earn it from the line.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

liljo

Quote from: razCzar on February 24, 2018, 07:26:19 pm
You misspelled Sooie again.. lol.
But I'm with you anyway bro.

LOL! Hey man at least I'm consistent! Maybe I should just stick with WPS! ;)

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LJHOG

We won.  Sloppy final 2:30.  Couldn't handle the double team worth beans.  Quick drive to a charging foul.  Somehow with under 10 on the shot clock the ball winds up in the hands of Thomas 30 feet from the basket.  And finally up five with less than 30 seconds and we sag in on Sexton from the weak side and leave the 3 pt. line wide open to give Alabama its' only shot to win.
That is not poor coaching.  It is NO coaching.

BDSCT51

Bleeding Razorback Red

BoarEd

Quote from: LJHOG on February 24, 2018, 07:29:58 pm
We won.  Sloppy final 2:30.  Couldn't handle the double team worth beans.  Quick drive to a charging foul.  Somehow with under 10 on the shot clock the ball winds up in the hands of Thomas 30 feet from the basket.  And finally up five with less than 30 seconds and we sag in on Sexton from the weak side and leave the 3 pt. line wide open to give Alabama its' only shot to win.

Dumb post.

BallHog1

That's not just a poor post, it's a pathetic one

razCzar

Quote from: liljo on February 24, 2018, 07:29:22 pm
LOL! Hey man at least I'm consistent! Maybe I should just stick with WPS! ;)

Hey, that'll work.
Score one for credibility... LOL.
WPS!
aaahh,  that felt good.

lakecityhog

(Moderators: Lanny, The_Bionic_Pig, HogRadioTMC, Cajun Hog, Jason Carroll, ErieHog, RazorAg, Scott Marshall, Porked Tongue, hogwood, gdumont, Kevin McPherson) >

Question for any or all of you guys--- Why on God's Earth do you guys allow this one forum to be such a cesspool? Some of the comments in this thread go way too far, actually lacking any redeeming qualities. I am ashamed to know that we have fans like this and shudder to think that some of them could actually be seen in public wearing Hog Gear.

Hawgzinbowlz

Razorbacks#1

Posts like these are why I don't MOD any more. This will be my last season in Jump Ball. With that said, I hope some veteran or like minded Hogvillian will take up the mantle and provide score updates for those abroad and those unable to watch/hear a game.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: BallHog1 on February 24, 2018, 07:39:20 pm
That's not just a poor post, it's a pathetic one
+1  All SEC road wins are a reason to celebrate. "GO HOGS"

Swinesong1

Quote from: lakecityhog on February 24, 2018, 07:44:19 pm
(Moderators: Lanny, The_Bionic_Pig, HogRadioTMC, Cajun Hog, Jason Carroll, ErieHog, RazorAg, Scott Marshall, Porked Tongue, hogwood, gdumont, Kevin McPherson) >

Question for any or all of you guys--- Why on God's Earth do you guys allow this one forum to be such a cesspool? Some of the comments in this thread go way too far, actually lacking any redeeming qualities. I am ashamed to know that we have fans like this and shudder to think that some of them could actually be seen in public wearing Hog Gear.
It's good for business.  You should see the traffic on this board after a loss.  Gets real busy. 

hoglady

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 24, 2018, 07:56:20 pm
It’s good for business.  You should see the traffic on this board after a loss.  Gets real busy. 

The problem is - there's a contingent laying in wait to attack Anderson after every loss.
Doesn't matter how the loss happened - it's proof Anderson is a lousy coach.
It gets old.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hoglady on February 24, 2018, 08:16:42 pm
The problem is - there's a contingent laying in wait to attack Anderson after every loss.
It gets old.

Real old... Judging from this board you wouldn't know the Hogs have won 5 of the last 6 games.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

It gets old.

Loved Mike's interview on SEC Network after the game. I doubt he cares much about pusillanimous jackwagons on Hogville.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

liljo

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 24, 2018, 08:52:26 pm
Loved Mike's interview on SEC Network after the game. I doubt he cares much about pusillanimous jackwagons on Hogville.

I sure hope you're right. Coach Anderson is one of the classiest guys around.

razorback1829

Doesn't even know what Hogville is lol

hoglady

Yes - he was really good.
I've always appreciated the way Anderson carries himself - just a class guy.

twistitup

It gets old.

Same folks are pissed we hired CCM...because BB was the best we could do
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

GuvHog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 24, 2018, 08:21:31 pm
Real old... Judging from this board you wouldn't know the Hogs have won 5 of the last 6 games.

About as old as posters who attack other posters who are the slightest bit critical of Mike.

Lok, I thought the team played well yesterday and very much enjoyed the win but it's getting old in BOTH directions.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!