Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC is a fraud

Started by hogsanity, February 20, 2018, 10:37:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

it is smoke and mirrors and a creation of RPI scheduling. It is not any better than t has been the last few seasons.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

checkraiser88

About as accurate as Trump's morning tweets

pigroots

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

BannerMountainMan

Or you can see that Kentucky beat UWV on the road by 4 and lost to Kansas on the road by 4 and killed Virginia Tech.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

mykidsdad

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:37:11 pm
it is smoke and mirrors and a creation of RPI scheduling. It is not any better than t has been the last few seasons.

Coming from you that means a lot, NOT. You know nothing about basketball at all. I have never seen such an uninformed, opinionated, self obsessed person in my life. If you really do officiate games I feel sorry for the kids that have to put up with you.

la20688

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 20, 2018, 10:37:43 pm
About as accurate as Trump's morning tweets
Better spelling and grammar though.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 20, 2018, 10:40:19 pm
Or you can see that Kentucky beat UWV on the road by 4 and lost to Kansas on the road by 4 and killed Virginia Tech.

Details. Details
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 20, 2018, 10:40:42 pm
Coming from you that means a lot, NOT. You know nothing about basketball at all. I have never seen such an uninformed, opinionated, self obsessed person in my life. If you really do officiate games I feel sorry for the kids that have to put up with you.

Do you ever post anything other than personal attacks? It just burns you that someone might not share your opinion.

And hey, I have provided the info, put your big boy pants on get a whistle and show us how its done. I'll even pick you up and take you to our association sign up in April.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: BassinHawg on February 20, 2018, 10:39:12 pm
CMA is the fraud!

Well, yea, but I've known that for a decade or more.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:45:10 pm
Do you ever post anything other than personal attacks? It just burns you that someone might not share your opinion.

And hey, I have provided the info, put your big boy pants on get a whistle and show us how its done. I'll even pick you up and take you to our association sign up in April.

While I'm not a proponent of personal attacks. You do seem to ONLY speak negatively about the Hogs we all love. Youve attacked others for celebrating a win...which blows my mind. It doesn't mean CMA is the goat. But you can enjoy the Hogs wins and "not accept mediocrity".
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogsanity

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 20, 2018, 10:53:11 pm
While I'm not a proponent of personal attacks. You do seem to ONLY speak negatively about the Hogs we all love. Youve attacked others for celebrating a win...which blows my mind. It doesn't mean CMA is the goat. But you can enjoy the Hogs wins and "not accept mediocrity".

Did they win tonight? No, Mike showed again why he is NEVER going to win anything of import as a HC.

And for the most part the only games they win are mediocre. Sure they beat SC and OM and A&M, who still may play their way out of the ncaat, but when they have a chance to make a statement, they get rolled by 15 at home.

Razorback_Mack

Go on record. How many SEC teams have to make the Sweet 16, Elite 8, F4, for the SEC to not be a fraud?

I hate it when people make statements like this without any data or predictions about the future. This a troll post if there ever was one. This post brings nothing to the board.

MAGA45

Fake News

Letsroll1200

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 20, 2018, 10:40:42 pm

He's another uninformed hogville poster

mckinneyhog5

I agree..I watch A LOT of basketball and the SEC teams that make it into the tournament will lose early. Maybe Florida can make it to the sweet 16 but I don't see any other team getting very far IMHO. Maybe Kentucky because they are young and getting better with each game but that's it.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

MikePiazza

Hogsanity is fond of saying that the NCAA Tournament is the only thing that matters.

So we will see how big a fraud it is in March.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 12:12:49 am
Hogsanity is fond of saying that the NCAA Tournament is the only thing that matters.

So we will see how big a fraud it is in March.

Actually, I said teams are viewed as having a successful year by getting there. What teams do after that is as much a product of matchups than anything else.

But yes, we will see. Do you still think the SEC gets 8 or 9 teams in the NCAAT?

farmhawg

It might apply to you but not the sec.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Grizzlyfan

Which SEC teams would you predict in the Sweet 16?

hogsanity

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 21, 2018, 09:06:33 am
Which SEC teams would you predict in the Sweet 16?

Right now, without seeing the draw each teams gets, 2 KY & Aub. But, Aub is in trouble if they get a draw against a team that can handle the ball and has an inside presence. And KY, who knows, they have talent, and they show signs of finally learning how to play together, then they go lose a couple.

Right now I'd say:

A&M limps in and is an early exit, they have lost too many key pieces to injury/suspension

TN - no depth and they foul too much. Will be a tough out if the refs let teams play in the tourney.

FL - just not playing well right now, but does have the talent to be a sweet 16 team

AR - too one dimensional. Will be tough if Macon AND Barford are hot

Ky  - see above

Aub - See above

Not even sure who the other 1 or 2 SEC teams will be. Mizzu & Bama could play their way OUT. Bama is alot like OU, excellent guard and not alot else. Mizzu is like a yoyo. I can see them getting to the 2nd week IF they get in, but I can also see them losing 3 more and making the NIT. 

hobhog

Heard on radio yesterday the lack of a top seed team in SEC will hurt overall number of teams selected. I think a couple are going to be surprised they get left out. Right now that could be the Hogs.

bigred223

Kevin

just because average teams beat each other up does not mean the league is good.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2018, 03:50:32 pm
just because average teams beat each other up does not mean the league is good.

That's what I am saying. they all played the RPI game very well in the OOC season, so they all had decent RPI and now losing to each other does not hurt as much as in past years.

Kevin

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 03:55:21 pm
That's what I am saying. they all played the RPI game very well in the OOC season, so they all had decent RPI and now losing to each other does not hurt as much as in past years.

been saying it all year as well.  but you cannot get anyone on here to agree. it is full propaganda to support our mediocre coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dirty

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2018, 10:57:13 pm
Did they win tonight? No, Mike showed again why he is NEVER going to win anything of import as a HC.

And for the most part the only games they win are mediocre. Sure they beat SC and OM and A&M, who still may play their way out of the ncaat, but when they have a chance to make a statement, they get rolled by 15 at home.

I had the television on in the kitchen tonight cooking dinner and heard an SEC coach say the SEC this year is the toughest league he's ever coached in. I'm not sure who it was. Just heard his voice while I was stirring the lemon dill sauce or something. The subject of the piece was the log jam in the conference and that virtually any team could get hot and win the SEC tournament.

It amazes me the way the "experts" here run down the SEC. Yet, as I've posted before, the SEC is second only to the ACC in the number of players sent to the NBA in the last 20 years, and it is not second by much. No other conference is close. And they didn't all play for Kentucky.

The Kentucky team that took the floor against Arkansas last night may have been one of the most athletic teams ever to visit Fayetteville. They were long, fast, quick, played with great intensity, and were skilled offensive players. They picked a good night to gel against a good but not very athletic Arkansas team. The Hogs played hard for a half, but you could see what was coming before Macon hit the 3 pointer heading into halftime.

Kentucky may very well be a Final Four team. There are half a dozen SEC teams that have the players to make it. Arkansas is not one of them, but they can send a team or two packing before it's all said and done.

You're the only one I've heard anywhere diss the SEC this year. That's just silliness born from habit.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

EastexHawg

The lack of offensive skills in the conference is stunning to watch.  I just checked and with a minute to go in the half Florida is shooting 28% overall, 11% from three.  Their opponent is en fuego, hitting a scintillating 14%.  Auburn is shooting 36% against Alabama... and leading.  The Georgia game should have been held at the masons' monthly meeting because it was a brick laying session.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Kevin on February 21, 2018, 03:57:17 pm
been saying it all year as well.  but you cannot get anyone on here to agree. it is full propaganda to support our mediocre coach
It's actually an SEC thing. I saw the commissioner of the SEC speak about RPI scheduling during a televised game to get more teams in the tourney. I honestly don't care how we get into the tourney as long as we get in. Anything is possible after that.

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 21, 2018, 08:34:26 pm

You're the only one I've heard anywhere diss the SEC this year. That's just silliness born from habit.

Read the entire thread and you will see more than 1.

It is the same league just with better ooc scheduling. The commissioner talked about it starting 3 or 4 years ago, that they had to schedule better ( I think it was the year SC won 25 or 26 games and missed he NCAAt ). So they started scheduling teams like Fresno, Bucknell, Loyola ( who ent into Gainsville and won btw ) and other "good" rpi teams that still posed little threat overall. Fresno was not likely going to come in at beat the Hogs in BWA, it was a rent a win like Southern would have been only about 170 rpi spots higher.

hogsanity

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 21, 2018, 08:59:29 pm
It's actually an SEC thing. I saw the commissioner of the SEC speak about RPI scheduling during a televised game to get more teams in the tourney.

Exactly, so they beat up each other like usual, but they have much better RPI rankings so instead of knocking each other out, they are just going to be a bunch of 7-10 seeds.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 09:08:41 pm
Exactly, so they beat up each other like usual, but they have much better RPI rankings so instead of knocking each other out, they are just going to be a bunch of 7-10 seeds.

So, what leagues are going to shame the SEC in tournament play?? ACC is good and top heavy, Big 12 doesn't appear to be anything special, Big 10?, certainly not the Pac 12, AAC?
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

hogsanity

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 21, 2018, 09:11:34 pm
So, what leagues are going to shame the SEC in tournament play?? ACC is good and top heavy, Big 12 doesn't appear to be anything special, Big 10?, certainly not the Pac 12, AAC?

Maybe none, or maybe all of them or maybe an assortment. So much depends on matchups at that point. What if they get 8 in and only 2 make the sweet 16, does that mean it was not a good league? Did Sc Ky & Fl going as far as they dd last year make the sec a good league?

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 09:20:50 pm
Maybe none, or maybe all of them or maybe an assortment. So much depends on matchups at that point. What if they get 8 in and only 2 make the sweet 16, does that mean it was not a good league? Did Sc Ky & Fl going as far as they dd last year make the sec a good league?

The SEC is a bad league because you say so. /thread

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 09:22:58 pm
The SEC is a bad league because you say so. /thread

Did not say it was bad, but I do not think it is great either.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 09:26:12 pm
Did not say it was bad, but I do not think it is great either.

Who said it was great?

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 09:07:10 pm

It is the same league just with better ooc scheduling. The commissioner talked about it starting 3 or 4 years ago, that they had to schedule better ( I think it was the year SC won 25 or 26 games and missed he NCAAt ). So they started scheduling teams like Fresno, Bucknell, Loyola ( who ent into Gainsville and won btw ) and other "good" rpi teams that still posed little threat overall. Fresno was not likely going to come in at beat the Hogs in BWA, it was a rent a win like Southern would have been only about 170 rpi spots higher.

The RPI is for suckers and excuse makers on the selection committee.  The game is played on the court.  The SEC has better players top to bottom than just about every other league, and it's been that way for a long time.  It's just not a popular thing to say because the SEC is supposed to be a football league. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogsanity

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 21, 2018, 09:28:17 pm
Who said it was great?

OK, imo, they do not have 8 ncaat teams, but then again I aint pickin em either.

And for the most part tey play ugly basketball, as East pointed out, the offensive play is abysmal many nights.

MikePiazza

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 09:31:02 pm
OK, imo, they do not have 8 ncaat teams, but then again I aint pickin em either.

And for the most part tey play ugly basketball, as East pointed out, the offensive play is abysmal many nights.

To your first point, correct, you are nowhere near the selection committee.

To your second point, that isn't a SEC problem, that's a college basketball problem. That's because the AAU culture that these players grow up in, doesn't reward fundamental basketball and the Princeton offense and playing hard defense. It's all about "getting yours" and "getting to the league." When you have pro talent (UK, Duke, KU, UNC, Nova), you win a lot of games. Otherwise you're pretty average and that's where college basketball is as a whole.

raz1965

The fraud SEC won the big 12 challenge . Enough said

King Kong

Well, currently this opinion isn't based on fact.

thehill1414

The fraud SEC was much better the past few years than we were given credit for. Now we might only be marginally better this year than we were the previous few, but we are better than we have been in years. Hell, we won the Big 12 challenge for the first time, and did it without our top team playing in the event (Auburn)!! Did we try to skew the RPI in our favor? Absolutely! Have we tried to do this in previous seasons? Yes - and we lost games that we won this year, so it was unsuccessful.

Did the OP (and others) think South Carolina would make the FF last year? Or Florida would make the EE? The truth is everyone in the tournament has been good at some point in the season, and almost everyone has the potential to make a run. Missouri, Bama, Arkansas, A&M - they are all very capable of getting to the second weekend depending on the draw and how they are playing. They are also very capable of losing in round 1. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be in and doesn't mean they are not capable of playing good basketball.

majp51

I believe the troll bait subject is a tad over the top hogsanity. The fact of the matter is that this year the SEC decided to play with the same smoke and mirrors as the other "top conferences" have been doing for years. Most conferences are a Sea of mediocrity with just a couple of decent to very good teams. I mean for goodness sake the Big 12 is the poster boy for this but since the SEC wasn't playing the "RPI suck up" game they were not taking the middling teams in the SEC.

hogsanity

Quote from: majp51 on February 22, 2018, 12:09:07 pm
I believe the troll bait subject is a tad over the top hogsanity. The fact of the matter is that this year the SEC decided to play with the same smoke and mirrors as the other "top conferences" have been doing for years. Most conferences are a Sea of mediocrity with just a couple of decent to very good teams. I mean for goodness sake the Big 12 is the poster boy for this but since the SEC wasn't playing the "RPI suck up" game they were not taking the middling teams in the SEC.

Ok, 1st, how is posting a legit opinion trolling? If that is the case, then every OP is trolling. 2nd, you pretty much agree with my point. The RPI game makes mediocre teams APPEAR to be better just because their RPi is up there. And I realize that is the way the game is played, and they have to have some way to compare teams for selection and seeding.

majp51

Quote from: hogsanity on February 22, 2018, 01:03:04 pm
Ok, 1st, how is posting a legit opinion trolling? If that is the case, then every OP is trolling. 2nd, you pretty much agree with my point. The RPI game makes mediocre teams APPEAR to be better just because their RPi is up there. And I realize that is the way the game is played, and they have to have some way to compare teams for selection and seeding.

Well as to 1st, I said teh subject, as in teh subject line. The term Fraud is inaccurate, unless you mean to say  that all of NCAA Basketball is a fraud.

golfinpig

Quote from: hogsanity on February 21, 2018, 09:07:10 pm

There you go again talking way over peoples heads.

ShadowHawg

So what's the Big XII?

SEC won the challenge and had an additional 10 wins against them outside the challenge.

Hog Fan...DOH!

"I only watch the SEC so I know it's great and everybody else sucks even though I don't watch their football games because why would you? They suck."  Oh, that was a football comment.

"I only watch the SEC so I know it's terrible, and all other conferences are better even though I can't tell you who's in first and second place in the Pac12 or Big East."  THAT was for basketball. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on February 23, 2018, 11:10:55 am
"I only watch the SEC so I know it's great and everybody else sucks even though I don't watch their football games because why would you? They suck."  Oh, that was a football comment.

"I only watch the SEC so I know it's terrible, and all other conferences are better even though I can't tell you who's in first and second place in the Pac12 or Big East."  THAT was for basketball. 

Nova and Xavier are both really good and they both play very good on both ends of the floor.

Pac 12 is still up for grabs with 4 teams still with a shot, although Arizona is the most talented of the group. I have watched several pac 12 games, unlike most I like when Walton is on commentary.

My use of the word fraud may have not conveyed what I meant. I just meant the league is not as good as people claim it is, they base it on the rpi which was manipulated, quite well to be honest, to get more teams in the ncaat. This was a plan set out 2 or 3 years ago by the league office, and it has worked.