Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maurice "Footsie" Britt really good read on a Arkansas legend

Started by MountainHomeHogger, February 20, 2018, 10:33:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhogman

good read, thanks. I have always been a WW2 buff. Love stories about Arkansans.

nchogg

My family knew him as Footsie. He had been to our house many times for dinner when he was Lieutenant Governor and also at Win Rock Farms when Winthrop Rockefeller was governor. Was not able to talk much since us children had to go upstairs when he was there for dinner. I never asked about his arm but my father did tell me what happened. He was a very good man. Thanks for the read.

oldfart

knew he had been a war hero but did not know the extent of his war service. a man we can all admire and be proud of. young people today should be told about him......and many other young men and women who have put their lives on line for us

Bacons Rebellion

I'm at Fort Benning this week. We looked him up at the infantry museum's Medal of Honor just yesterday.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

DeltaBoy

I got to meet him in either 86 or 87 at the UALR ROTC BALL in Little Rock.  It was amazing to see over 100 cadets , Soldiers and guest snap to attention when he was announced as he entered the ball room.  It was breathtaking to see a CMH in person.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.