Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chad Morris Leaves Impression at Lake Travis

Started by Scott Marshall, December 13, 2017, 02:46:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

Chad Morris only coached the Lake Travis football team for two years. However, he left a lasting impression on the program and the community.

Morris took over the program in 2008, and the Cavaliers were coming off their first State Championship win. But current Lake Travis head coach, Hank Carter, says Morris wasn't phased by the pressure to win.

"Chad wasn't afraid of that challenge." says Carter. "The biggest thing was, he wanted to relate to the family and kids. I feel like he helped to make a family environment,. He took something that was good, and made it even better."

Morris led the Cavaliers to back-to-back State Titles and created a new standard for future head coaches. He not only allowed, but actually encouraged staff members to spend more time with their family. According to Carter, Morris would sometimes even become upset if a staff member missed a family event.

Watch full story here: http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/chad-morris-leaves-impression-at-lake-travis/879637293

OLEJACKETFAN

Well here goes my very first Post!! Im a huge Chad Morris Fan and will try to bring some insight into some of the Post. Hank Carter at Lake Travis was Chads OC while Chad was there. Hank was also Chads QB at his first High School Coaching job. Chad did offer him a position at SMU but he has young children (girls I believe) and he decided to stay at Lake Travis.