Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 dollar tickets on stubhub

Started by bigpigpimpin, October 18, 2017, 07:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razoredge178

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 18, 2017, 07:17:36 pm
I know that's a little steep for the product, but tickets are available. Good weekend to take the kids....or not. Anyways, you were told.

If you only knew how bad I was needing a good chuckle this morning.

texas tush hog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 19, 2017, 09:52:51 am
Except neither of those is going to happen. People will keep buying season tickets, for whatever reason - ego, tradition, don't want to lose their seats, got nothing better to blow $ on etc - and boosters will continue to give because what else are they going to give $ to where they can gain influence ( at least in their minds ) see and bee seen and be lauded as a big $ donor.

Ego, definitely ego. Keeping seats also.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hobhog on October 19, 2017, 09:34:20 am
You either go, or you don't and make up excuses as to why.....

I try to go once a year.  Not doing it now.

hawgon

$6 seems a bit steep.  Three would be $18 and this is just a little more than I'm willing to spend to watch the hogs this year.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hawgon on October 19, 2017, 11:35:56 am
$6 seems a bit steep.  Three would be $18 and this is just a little more than I'm willing to spend to watch the hogs this year.
LOL
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

depressed_fan

it's probably worth 6$ to see Gus Malzhan coach. As well as watch his amazing defense. That's about what a Travs ticket costs

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: IronMountainHog on October 18, 2017, 08:25:30 pm
Standing room only is in the lines to use the pisser and in the lines for that horrible new food supplier.
Honestly why can't they do better? It's past the point of frustration with the food. And Long is a great businessman? No telling how much money is lost because I won't eat again at the stadium.

Dropkick

Sold my $60 lower levels for $45 each and SEZ Club seats that are $141.67 for $100 each. Felt lucky to get that.

smb

Ticket scalping should not be allowed on HV.
GeorgiaHOG

rzrbkman

Quote from: hogsanity on October 19, 2017, 09:22:03 am
There are cheap tickets every weekend for Fay games and have been for years. With 72K or so tickets available there have only been 2 or 3 really tough tickets - USC in 06, Bama 2010, come to mind - otherwise you can always get seats at or below face either online or outside the stadium. There were $6 tickets for NMST.

I've bought tickets outside the stadium for almost 29 seasons and the toughest ticket I have had trouble locating was the 2007 opener against Troy. Otherwise it has always been easy to find good cheap seats.

hawgon

Quote from: smb on October 19, 2017, 12:32:56 pm
Ticket scalping should not be allowed on HV.

It's only scalping if you are selling them for more than face value.  What is going on here is more like ticket sodomizing.

livevanguy

Heck, I saw on Craiglist tickets to watch an actual dumpster fire across from the stadium for $7. Does anyone want in?
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

DeltaBoy

They are so bad this year I would not walk across the street to watch them play.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ipigsooie

Quote from: livevanguy on October 19, 2017, 01:37:59 pm
Heck, I saw on Craiglist tickets to watch an actual dumpster fire across from the stadium for $7. Does anyone want in?
As long as all proceeds go towards the buyout.

Hogs-n-Roses

Truth be told. Just go up there, wait til just before the game , outside the very center of the stadium on razorback road and someone will just hand you one. Don't buy early as thousands will be available cheap. Just before kickoff someone will be giving them away.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ipigsooie on October 19, 2017, 02:04:18 pm
As long as all proceeds go towards the buyout.
Look there's a thread on here from Wilson and one from Porked Tongue. You need to read them and just learn to be OK with it. I got that news late last night and its somewhat better today. The nausea that is.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dropkick on October 19, 2017, 12:30:51 pm
Sold my $60 lower levels for $45 each and SEZ Club seats that are $141.67 for $100 each. Felt lucky to get that.
lucky? You SHOULD feel GUILTY af.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

tangman

Paid donation plus ticket price for two season tickets, with parking pass in BFE, through 17 conference losses. Not again-
I'm done. I will be hunting most Saturdays next fall and maybe listening to the games in my tree stand.   

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 19, 2017, 01:55:08 pm
They are so bad this year I would not walk across the street to watch them play.

Across the street? Yeah you would.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

kodiakisland

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those tickets on Stub Hub already bought and paid for at face value?  What does the UofA care if someone wants to sell their paid for ticket for $6 or give them away?

It will only matter when the UofA ticket office is sitting on a pile of unsold tickets.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Carl Lazlo

Someone told me that sunshine Rick Shaffer said he couldn't find tickets from any of his sources.  Claimed Rick said they weren't easy to come across.   

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 20, 2017, 04:53:08 am
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those tickets on Stub Hub already bought and paid for at face value?  What does the UofA care if someone wants to sell their paid for ticket for $6 or give them away?

It will only matter when the UofA ticket office is sitting on a pile of unsold tickets.
Please don't complicate a negative thread with factual information.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

hawgon

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on October 20, 2017, 06:14:51 am
Someone told me that sunshine Rick Shaffer said he couldn't find tickets from any of his sources.  Claimed Rick said they weren't easy to come across.

To be fair, his sources think that Stubhub is the nickname for the crippled kid who used to hang out on the sidewalk down by the Ben Franklin's store.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 19, 2017, 01:55:08 pm

Yet you are constantly on here posting about them.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogsanity

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 20, 2017, 04:53:08 am

Which is not going to happen because, for whatever reasons, people are going to keep buying season tickets.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE