Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network's Jordan Rodgers picks top SEC QB talent - VIDEO

Started by Hogs49ers, August 19, 2017, 08:29:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

SEC Network's Jordan Rodgers assigns QB talent from around the league to different strength categories -

Best Dual Threat: Nick Fitzgerald - MSU
Best Situation: Jalen Hurts - Bama
Best Arm: Jacob Eason - UGA
Best Pure Passer:  Austin Allen - Ark
Most Upside: Jake Bentley - USCe

Check out the video:  http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/20383080

Nice to see Austin get a bit of credit finally.

On a side note, the pass in the video that Eason made into a tight window 50 yrds down the field brought back fond memories of the things Mallett used to do during his time here, pretty incredible throw.
SCREW Vandy!

Hogopolis

I don't recall there ever being  so many good QB's in the SEC, especially the SEC West.   Allan, Hurts, Fitzgerald and Stidham could all be in the NFL. 

hogcard1964

Hurts doesn't have the tools to be mentioned with these guys.  He's just a product of a ball control offense.  He'll come back to earth this year and will struggle.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Hogopolis on August 19, 2017, 09:42:16 am
I don't recall there ever being  so many good QB's in the SEC, especially the SEC West.   Allan, Hurts, Fitzgerald and Stidham could all be in the NFL.

2010 was pretty good.  Newton, Mallett, McElroy, Masoli (sp?) were all in the West.  Tyler Wilson could have started for a lot of teams that year.

GolfnHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 19, 2017, 09:58:20 am
Hurts doesn't have the tools to be mentioned with these guys.  He's just a product of a ball control offense.  He'll come back to earth this year and will struggle.

did you even watch the clip? That's exactly what was said. Hurts is in the best "situation" considering he's at Alabama and surrounded by solid running backs. If he struggles he just hands the damn ball off so, yeah, he is in the  best situation given the criteria that Rodgers was discussing.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hogcard1964

Quote from: GolfnHog on August 19, 2017, 10:07:39 am
did you even watch the clip? That's exactly what was said. Hurts is in the best "situation" considering he's at Alabama and surrounded by solid running backs. If he struggles he just hands the damn ball off so, yeah, he is in the  best situation given the criteria that Rodgers was discussing.

Yes, which means he shouldn't have been mentioned.

...which is what I stated.

younghog

GO HOGS

HogShat

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 19, 2017, 11:28:26 am
Yes, which means he shouldn't have been mentioned.

...which is what I stated.

Agreed... Given the supporting cast I could be a decent QB at bama....

sickboy

Quote from: Hogopolis on August 19, 2017, 09:42:16 am

I don't recall there being this many good quarterbacks nation wide. This next crop of NFL QBs is going to be really deep.