Started by Biggus Piggus, March 28, 2017, 05:43:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Medic821

RazorWhacker

Quote from: HawgTide on March 29, 2017, 10:05:10 pm

It's never too early for some to freak out

No doubt! Did you see all our QBs staring down the receivers!!

HogHomer

Quote from: hogz11 on March 29, 2017, 10:07:55 pm
Why is it that every time someone questions something about the depth chart, coaches, or whatever it means they are overreacting, are a hater, don't support the team, and just need to chill out?

Isn't discussion about Razorback sports the entire point of this site?

We all have different opinions and except for very few on this board, that's all they are...........personal opinions. Me included.
In this instance it's because it's the first day of practice and we already have people bashing players. It's not wrong to question what's going on but after one day no one, other than the coaches, have an informed opinion on any of the players.

presidenthog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 28, 2017, 08:38:22 pm
Nice avatar, p*ss poor post.....

Lol keep on living in a dream where raulerson is a good option. Gibson is the starter. Period. I know this is motivational.

presidenthog

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 29, 2017, 07:09:25 pm
That's what he means I believe. That coach b misspoke and was basically just saying Ragnow is a beast that could get on the field on either side of the ball if he wasn't a stud center.

I agree. CBB has stated before about Ragnow's athletic ability to play any position on the OLine.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on March 29, 2017, 10:12:17 pm
Man, I miss being at practice.

I know. How else are we going to know if a player is pregnant?  ;)

I promise to move on from this statement - in a year or two.  8)

And seriously, I do miss your reports.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 29, 2017, 04:08:32 pm
Yep #1 pass play is the Clemson pick play...I mean WR screen!

That and the downfield blocking thing are two of my pet peeves but I can't do a anything about em!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

factchecker

Quote from: hobhog on March 28, 2017, 09:49:39 pm
Very little mention of TJ Hammonds early. Bothersome.

QuoteArkansas' belief in T.J. Hammonds is evident in the fact he played as a true freshman last season.

However, because of guys like Rawleigh Williams III and Devwah Whaley, he was limited to just 15 carries for 88 yards and one touchdown while playing running back.

His role is expected to expand greatly this season. During the spring, he is working exclusively with the wide receivers. That will add to a dual running back-receiver to Arkansas' arsenal.

"We can really create problems by using him as a back and a wide receiver both," offensive coordinator Dan Enos said. "He can't play wide receiver part time because there's too many adjustments, too many alignment things, too many detail things if you don't do it."

Although he was disappointed to lose him this spring, running backs coach Reggie Mitchell was understanding and in support of the move.

"We want T.J. on the field," Mitchell said. "Right now, the best way to get him on the field is at receiver. We're just trying to get T.J. in position, because he's so talented, to where he'll be able to get some touches."

This probably sounds familiar to fans in the central part of the state because Hammonds had a similar role while playing at Pulaski Robinson in Little Rock.

The former four-star athlete carried the ball 218 times for 2,914 yards and 36 touchdowns and caught 80 passes for 1,996 yards and 21 touchdowns in three seasons with the Senators.

Arkansas hopes to showcase that play-making ability on Saturdays this fall.

"The goal is to get him a bunch of touches every game and if we can use him as both, hand it off to him and throw it to him, it'll obviously help him and it'll help our team get some explosive plays," Enos said.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Arkansas-Razorbacks-Thursday-practice-notebook-March-30-52068973
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs49ers

Extremely excited about TJ Hammonds!

How about Brandon Martin though??  He is going to be an immediate impact player for us, he reminds me of Demaryius Thomas/ Brandon Marshall.  He will be able to use that big body to muscle guys around and get open, something we have not had in a long time.  He is the type of guy we have needed to compete against the physical DBs at Bama and LSU.
SCREW Vandy!

HogHomer

Quote from: Hogs49ers on March 31, 2017, 02:23:02 am
Extremely excited about TJ Hammonds!

How about Brandon Martin though??  He is going to be an immediate impact player for us, he reminds me of Demaryius Thomas/ Brandon Marshall.  He will be able to use that big body to muscle guys around and get open, something we have not had in a long time.  He is the type of guy we have needed to compete against the physical DBs at Bama and LSU.
Exactly! We had some talented receivers the last couple of years but they were still bullied by Bamas secondary. Brandon Martin has the size and speed to challenge the elite corners in our league.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HogHomer on March 31, 2017, 02:35:10 am
Exactly! We had some talented receivers the last couple of years but they were still bullied by Bamas secondary. Brandon Martin has the size and speed to challenge the elite corners in our league.

We had 400 yards of passing last season against Bama, so I don't think you can say our WRs were bullied.

HoopS

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on March 29, 2017, 08:39:02 pm
Bunch of nerve wrackin SOB's... It's like playing cards with my brother's kids or somethin...LOL!
qft

HogHomer

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 31, 2017, 06:38:13 am
We had 400 yards of passing last season against Bama, so I don't think you can say our WRs were bullied.
Jared had a great game getting almost 150 yards against Bama. However we passed the ball 48 times I would hope we get to 400 yards. Our running back was the second leading receiver during the game with 51 yards. 2015 we only had one receiver over 50 yards, Reed, who only had 23 yards before his 50+ yard catch. So maybe struggled is a better word?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HogHomer on March 31, 2017, 12:03:27 pm
Jared had a great game getting almost 150 yards against Bama. However we passed the ball 48 times I would hope we get to 400 yards. Our running back was the second leading receiver during the game with 51 yards. 2015 we only had one receiver over 50 yards, Reed, who only had 23 yards before his 50+ yard catch. So maybe struggled is a better word?
your attempt to beat up on or downgrade the hogs > FAIL
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HogHomer

Quote from: DLUXHOG on March 31, 2017, 12:43:09 pm
your attempt to beat up on or downgrade the hogs > FAIL
I'm not trying to downgrade anyone. They achieved great things during their time here and I am truly proud to call them a razorback. Our receiver generally struggled against elite corners. That's true for 90 percent of college receivers. However I believe Brandon Martin is in that 10 percent that can compete or even dominate an elite corner.