Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anti-Kentucky

Started by hawg1221, March 26, 2017, 05:13:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

I have always supported SEC during the bowl games and NCAA tournament, but I just can't gather myself to do it with such an ego driven coach at the helm. I remember when Tubby Smith was there and I was all about them winning. I don't feel the same with coach Cal there. SMH!

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 26, 2017, 05:13:02 pm
I have always supported SEC during the bowl games and NCAA tournament, but I just can't gather myself to do it with such an ego driven coach at the helm. I remember when Tubby Smith was there and I was all about them winning. I don't feel the same with coach Cal there. SMH!
It's complicated. Living in KY I loathe the blue, but I just can't make myself pull for NC.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

sickboy

My evaluating factors for my rooting affiliation once the Razorbacks are out of contention are as follows:

1. Moral Turpitude
2. Conference Affiliation
3. NCAA Bracket Pools

NCAA Brackets can be moved up to #2 and change they way I root, if, and only if, I have money on the line and the team outside of the conference is also of sound moral appearances. 

Unfortunately, as long as Cal is at Kentucky -- I can not ethically root for Kentucky to win. And UNC winning would directly help my bracket and my pocket.

So go UNC.

PigDaddyKane

I'll root for KY today.  Esp after what happened to us against UNC.  But I hope USC wins it all.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sickboy on March 26, 2017, 05:26:26 pm

1. Moral Turpitude

Didn't he play center for Kentucky back in the day?

Oh right....,Melvin Turpin.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hawg1221

Yes. I'm for USC all the way.

upperdeck_hawg

Screw Monk. Screw KY. Go Ginzaga.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

conwaycarl

As much as I hate UNC, I hate pond scum coach at Kentucky more. Oh, and at this point I too am rooting for SC.

247Hog

Anyone else find it hilarious how Coach Cal whined at halftime about the no over the back calls? Welcome to every team vs. Kentucky during the regular season Coach.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

RaisinHog

Monk - headed home kavaughn Allen - home I'm happy

ICEman

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 26, 2017, 05:38:51 pm
Screw Monk. Screw KY. Go Ginzaga.
Monk can stop going to class beginning tomorrow. His collegiate career is over.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

phadedhawg

poor Monk...hate it for the kid.  hahahahha

factchecker

All that NBA talent and you can't make it to the final four.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Atlhogfan1

Monk's 3 was clutch.

Game finally picked up last few minutes. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dirty

Letsroll1200

hawg1221

There's no tear in my beer. Sorry.

Pigasaurus

If the two SEC traitors had came to arkansas, they would be playing next week.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 26, 2017, 05:31:08 pm
Didn't he play center for Kentucky back in the day?

Oh right....,Melvin Turpin.

I'm thinking it was Immoral Turpentine.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

lookawayquick

Monk would've have made the Final 4 if ........he would have been a Hog.  CMA needs to build a wall around AR and make KY pay for it!  WPS!

Pigonometry

If Kentucky plays the devil, I root for the devil. 
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

hoglady

I just don't see how anyone at any school can root for North Carolina.
They should be on triple probation - as close to the death penalty as you can get.
The systemic academic fraud at that school is astounding.
That the NCAA hasn't brought the hammer down is sickening.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/18996926/north-carolina-academic-scandal-costs-university-56-million-attorneys-fees-other-costs

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

XavierZane

Quote from: pigasaurus on March 26, 2017, 06:31:21 pm
If the two SEC traitors had came to arkansas, they would be playing next week.

This.  I'm happy with where we're going as a program, but had these two shown more loyalty we would have been in the national title discussion all season and would very likely be in the Final Four. 

HogsonHicks

Quote from: hoglady on March 26, 2017, 06:37:31 pm
They should be on triple probation - as close to the death penalty as you can get.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/18996926/north-carolina-academic-scandal-costs-university-56-million-attorneys-fees-other-costs

This. Agree 100%. It's a damn joke they're even in the tourney.

HogBreath

Exactly..no way I'm ever for the 'heels.  Hope they lose every game from now on.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: factchecker on March 26, 2017, 06:27:56 pm
All that NBA talent and you can't make it to the final four.

\

What is REAL interesting was noted on ESPN. With all the press on all the good freshmen and such, all the teams making it to the F4 are considered veteran teams.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Quote from: HogBreath on March 26, 2017, 06:40:05 pm
Exactly..no way I'm ever for the 'heels.  Hope they lose every game from now on.
Yeah, now I agree.  Glad one of them had to lose today and will be glad to see Oregon beat the other.

factchecker

Easy to do when a equally slimy program, with a scumbag coach who recruits against us is on the other side.

However, I hope they lose the next game.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ICEman on March 26, 2017, 06:27:08 pm
Monk can stop going to class beginning tomorrow. His collegiate career is over.

Probably quit going to class two weeks ago................

HawgnCorona

True UNC has been involved in scandal too but Im not rooting them I just wanted UK too loses. They two sides of the same coin in my opinion...CHEATERS!!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: factchecker on March 26, 2017, 06:42:00 pm
Easy to do when a equally slimy program, with a scumbag coach who recruits against us is on the other side.

However, I hope they lose the next game.

IIRC that issue hasn't been decided yet. I doubt though they'll have to give up the title if they win it.....................

hoglady

The cheating at UNC is really different than what you see at other schools.
We're talking about the academic side creating pretty much a fake class - that over half the athletes attended (joke, joke - didn't really attend) for a couple of decades.
They should be getting absolutely hammered and if they weren't UNC they would have across the board sanctions in most all of their sports.
This team shouldn't even be eligible to play.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lookawayquick

Cheater v cheater doesn't give Hog fans much to choose from. We can all now root for the Gamecocks.  Seldom does AR recruit directly against USC E.  Frank Martin is not a cheat.  Go Cocks!

XavierZane

Lots of general bitterness and snark being thrown at Monk on the Kentucky message boards.  Some naive fan (I'm assuming a small child) suggested that Monk might come back next year... favorite response was "Monk's out shopping for a new Porche as we speak"    Love it. 

Hogeye_Pierce

Don't have to see and feel the effects of UNCs cheating and slimeball activities the way we do KYs. Therefore my loathing for KY is much more intense and personal (especially this year).
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hoglady on March 26, 2017, 06:52:16 pm
The cheating at UNC is really different than what you see at other schools.
We're talking about the academic side creating pretty much a fake class - that over half the athletes attended (joke, joke - didn't really attend) for a couple of decades.
They should be getting absolutely hammered and if they weren't UNC they would have across the board sanctions in most all of their sports.
This team shouldn't even be eligible to play.

The NCAA moves VERY slow in theses type of deals. Ask anybody that was in the Hog athletic department when they dealt with us.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 06:42:40 pm
Probably quit going to class two weeks ago................

More like Jan. 12th.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: XavierZane on March 26, 2017, 07:00:27 pm
Lots of general bitterness and snark being thrown at Monk on the Kentucky message boards.  Some naive fan (I'm assuming a small child) suggested that Monk might come back next year... favorite response was "Monk's out shopping for a new Porche as we speak"    Love it. 

Ha! He signed up for it.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

forrest city joe

No way in hell i would ever pull for KY.Monk can take his throat slash and stick it where the sun don't shine. i am so happy those punks lost.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 26, 2017, 06:28:52 pm
Monk's 3 was clutch.

Game finally picked up last few minutes. 

Where was he and all those freshmen on defense on the breakaway and the final shot.

Lanny

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 26, 2017, 07:04:53 pm
No way in hell i would ever pull for KY.Monk can take his throat slash and stick it where the sun don't shine. i am so happy those punks lost.
agree 100%.  That one incident will never be forgotten
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Inhogswetrust

I'm surprised he hasn't already been driving one. Probably has it hidden in a storage facility...........................

HawgnCorona

What? Those ingrates!!! You get what you cheat for BWAAHAHAHAHA!!!

The usual, nothing!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 07:04:59 pm
Where was he and all those freshmen on defense on the breakaway and the final shot.

Monk was blocking out Jackson on weak side.   Fox picked up Pinson all the way. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HawgnCorona

UK CATFAN where you at? Whose crying now....Har Har.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 26, 2017, 07:07:56 pm
Monk was blocking out Jackson on weak side.   Fox picked up Pinson all the way. 

My point was mostly about not very good defense and KY having freshmen in the game.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 26, 2017, 07:07:44 pm
What? Those ingrates!!! You get what you cheat for BWAAHAHAHAHA!!!

The usual, nothing!

In KY they eat their young..............especially when they lose!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 07:13:11 pm
My point was mostly about not very good defense and KY having freshmen in the game.

Why you don't call a timeout in that situation.

oldbear

I will cheer for Kentucky in basketball at the same time that I cheer for Auburn in footbal.....NEVER!!!!

Hogs win in baseball and Kentucky loses. It is a good day!

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 07:14:57 pm
In KY they eat their young..............especially when they lose!

The same as Archie G...When will they learn.