Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 29, 2024, 04:52:12 am

Chaney

Started by MGB1229, November 01, 2017, 07:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MGB1229

mhuff

November 01, 2017, 07:32:59 pm #1 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:02:42 pm by mhuff
Thanks   The more I see makes me think he could play the three. Wanted LeBlanc inside. I sure liked the way he used the backboard. I have been teaching that. It forces the defense to come out on the floor more and sets your team up for some drop off passes. I also think shooters can shoot a higher percentage using the backboard instead of shooting over the rim when you get that close.

Read last night where his coach said that he is playing Chaney at the 4&3.

JayHog

The tall white guy on his team.. is that Vanover?

hogwood

Interesting that he now plays with Vanover. TJ Moss is at Findlay too right?

hogwood

Quote from: JayHog on November 01, 2017, 08:28:28 pm

He transferred to Findlay Prep this year.

mhuff

Sure looked like him

Pinto

Quote from: JayHog on November 01, 2017, 08:28:28 pm

Yeah. Vanover was the player of the game on Sunday

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Pinto on November 02, 2017, 06:39:20 am
Yeah. Vanover was the player of the game on Sunday

Half of CV's points were uncontested dunks off Chaney set-up passes, but Connor did a good job rebounding and contesting/blocking/altering shots in the paint. TJ Moss (at the point) played well in spurts I thought, and when he did it seemed like that's when Findlay Prep went on it's runs. After Sierra Canyon went on its own run to tie the game in the 2nd half, Chaney got 2 consecutive tough buckets inside and Findlay Prep won going away. Chaney has looked really good so far this season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on November 02, 2017, 08:43:22 am
Half of CV's points were uncontested dunks off Chaney set-up passes, but Connor did a good job rebounding and contesting/blocking/altering shots in the paint. TJ Moss (at the point) played well in spurts I thought, and when he did it seemed like that's when Findlay Prep went on it's runs. After Sierra Canyon went on its own run to tie the game in the 2nd half, Chaney got 2 consecutive tough buckets inside and Findlay Prep won going away. Chaney has looked really good so far this season.

Can you name a recent college player (doesn't have to be arkansas) that Chaney compares to, in your opinion?

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 02, 2017, 08:55:24 am
Can you name a recent college player (doesn't have to be arkansas) that Chaney compares to, in your opinion?
Bridges at MSU....not as quite the athlete. But is fundamental all around with some dog in him.

The_Iceman

Quote from: azhog10 on November 02, 2017, 09:30:15 am
Bridges at MSU....not as quite the athlete. But is fundamental all around with some dog in him.

Bridges is 6'7" 227...so similar size. Bridges however shot 39% from 3pt and averaged 17pts, 8rebs, 2asts, and 1.5blks as a true freshman.

Some compare Bridges to the next Paul Pierce. Is thay Chaney's game?

NWAHog479

Chaney is better than any option we have at the 4 RIGHT NOW. I actually feel bad for Tubby and the Memphis fans, Vanover is a walking injury waiting to happen.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 02, 2017, 10:11:04 am
Bridges is 6'7" 227...so similar size. Bridges however shot 39% from 3pt and averaged 17pts, 8rebs, 2asts, and 1.5blks as a true freshman.

Some compare Bridges to the next Paul Pierce. Is thay Chaney's game?
Chaney isn't going to shoot it that much from three, but I've been told by some folks that I know that have seen Findlay Prep a few times that Chaney has a really nice stroke. Just not something he's confident with at this point. I don't think he's gong to shoot 150 three's in a season. But I do think you could see him face up and attempt half that. I think you could see Chaney shoot close to the same amount of three's as Paul Pierce did in college. Paul shot around 2-3 3's a game in college.

Miles Bridges comparison is a high upside and optimistic comparison. But not out of the realm of possibilities.

The_Iceman

Quote from: azhog10 on November 02, 2017, 11:00:14 am
Chaney isn't going to shoot it that much from three, but I've been told by some folks that I know that have seen Findlay Prep a few times that Chaney has a really nice stroke. Just not something he's confident with at this point. I don't think he's gong to shoot 150 three's in a season. But I do think you could see him face up and attempt half that. I think you could see Chaney shoot close to the same amount of three's as Paul Pierce did in college. Paul shot around 2-3 3's a game in college.

Miles Bridges comparison is a high upside and optimistic comparison. But not out of the realm of possibilities.

Good info.

His numbers are actually better than Pierce as a freshmen, and match pretty close to PP as a soph. But you are right, lofty comparison. Michigan State will be a fun team to watch this year.

dawn2tusk

I think someone on another thread said this, but the more I see the more I think Marshawn Powell.

Hawg Red

Quote from: dawn2tusk on November 02, 2017, 02:58:21 pm
I think someone on another thread said this, but the more I see the more I think Marshawn Powell.

Hopefully his attitude/maturity are better.

azhog10

Quote from: dawn2tusk on November 02, 2017, 02:58:21 pm
Marshawn didn't have the motor this kid has.

Hogimus Prime

Anyone see a little Charles Thomas? 

HardingHog

The more of Chaney I see, the more impressed I am. I guess this is the type of player one should expect to be getting at a good major conference school, but he just has so many weapons in his bag: Good back to the basket game, good open court ball handler and passer, very good athlete, and has a strong and thick build. Really excited to see this guy get the the Hill

mbgrulz

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 02, 2017, 06:00:55 pm
Anyone see a little Charles Thomas?
Cheney is way more skilled and agile that CT was.

hogwood

I'm thinking Jae Crowder.

Youngsta71701

My first thought was Jarnell Stokes but it looks like Chaney has a better floor game and better handles.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

nwahogfan1

We need toughness, inside scoring and boards from Chaney next year until we recruit more size he must play the 4 and the backup 5.  I hope his freshman year he doesn't wander outside too much.

mhuff

Big Nasty 34

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Reggie is one of those guys that plays 4 years of college basketball and then gets a legit NFL look after he graduates. The kid would be an outstanding Tight End prospect. I'm pretty sure he had 1,000 yards receiving his sophomore year in Texas, but I could be wrong. He was a big part of the offense I know that.

He's a better football prospect than basketball, IMO. That's not meant to be a knock on him basketball-wise, just speaking professionally.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: mbgrulz on November 02, 2017, 10:03:58 pm
Cheney is way more skilled and agile that CT was.

Thomas was a better shooter at this stage.  Body wise they are similar