Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino would have won 10 games with this team...

Started by JackTNHogfan, November 23, 2012, 05:27:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTNHogfan

Only losses to Bama and A&M.  Here's to coaching and Jeffy making the right hire this time.  Oh and to the players for fighting hard today and the seniors for all the work they have put in over the years.

Cheers!

TDHawgs

This game proves to me that we had the talent, just no excuse for this year.

Pyrotechnician

SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

Beantown Razahback

Petrino very nearly lost to Vandy and Ole Miss with last year's team...maybe he wins 10 games, maybe he doesnt...but saying anything definitive either way means nothing, because we'll never know.

elksnort

AppleHog

Thanks coach.

We had a great time.

hog1984

I think they should have won 4 more, not counting the LSU game. I have to hand it to the Hogs, they put in a good effort today. Agree they would have lost to Alabama and T-a&m.

Sas Nakra

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 23, 2012, 05:27:20 pm
Only losses to Bama and A&M.  Here's to coaching and Jeffy making the right hire this time.  Oh and to the players for fighting hard today and the seniors for all the work they have put in over the years.

Cheers!
Most fans here are going to be really disappointed when they discover who Long has hired.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Hogz87

That's assuming we don't have the onslaught of injuries if Petrino was the coach this year.  However, without those injuries, and Petrino at the helm, I think we go 8-4 or 9-3 at the worst. 

Some of our blowout losses were actually a lot closer than the score indicated.  A lack of focus in the redzone killed us all year.  We had games where he'd have 4-5 redzone trips and come up empty (zero points) multiple times.  Not to mention the number of times we just basically quit after falling behind by two scores in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. 

OahuHawg

Cheers!

ahahaha....nope. BP beats ULM and we're 5-7, thats it. No depth in the trenches. Played well today, gave good protection and was able to penetrate against a really good o-line, but certainly very thin and playing on last game emotions.

Proud of these guys cause their gutsy, but BP set us up for failure. Apologize to all BP worshipers out there.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Hogz87 on November 23, 2012, 05:35:30 pm
That's assuming we don't have the onslaught of injuries if Petrino was the coach this year.  However, without those injuries, and Petrino at the helm, I think we go 8-4 or 9-3 at the worst. 

Some of our blowout losses were actually a lot closer than the score indicated.  A lack of focus in the redzone killed us all year.  We had games where he'd have 4-5 redzone trips and come up empty (zero points) multiple times.  Not to mention the number of times we just basically quit after falling behind by two scores in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. 

This
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

NWASooner

Quote from: Klynt21 on November 23, 2012, 05:35:36 pm
ahahaha....nope. BP beats ULM and we're 5-7, thats it. No depth in the trenches. Played well today, gave good protection and was able to penetrate against a really good o-line, but certainly very thin and playing on last game emotions.

Proud of these guys cause their gutsy, but BP set us up for failure. Apologize to all BP worshipers out there.

This.

jkelly107

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: Beantown Razahback on November 23, 2012, 05:31:05 pm
Petrino very nearly lost to Vandy and Ole Miss with last year's team...maybe he wins 10 games, maybe he doesnt...but saying anything definitive either way means nothing, because we'll never know.

Nearly winning is much better than getting beat over and over, and over and over, and over and over again.

Sir Oinksalot

Cheers!

I tend to agree with this, the defense played lights out and they would have all yr. if Petrino was here, and
the Offense would have been much much better...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Razor1997

I think we would have still lost to either SC or Miss State, possibly both.  But Rutgers, Ole Miss, LSU, and of course LA-Monroe would have all been wins, and we'd at least be looking at a mid-tier bowl.

Beantown Razahback

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 23, 2012, 05:38:28 pm
Nearly winning is much better than getting beat over and over, and over and over, and over and over again.

Clearly...but nearly winning does not equal definitely winning theoretical games he didnt coach the following year with a completely different team.

SoonerInSpringdale

redeye

Cheers!

That's my also my belief. I even think we might have had a chance against A&M, by the way we were outplaying them at the start of the game, but with it being in College Station, they probably pull it out.

westside_player

Cheers!

Psharp

Sas Nakra

Fumble on the LSU 2 on first drive of the game. Drive killing INT on a horrible pass by Tyler in 1st Q. 2 makable FG's missed. Defense was smoked for 88 yards on last drive of the game when the LSU offense had to put a scoring drive together...3rd and whatever and LSU got it every time. This team was never going to win this game. Blame it on the players, blame it on the coaches, blame it on the refs. Does not matter because the Hogs were never going to win it.

What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Hogeration

I say we win 10.  Possibly 11.  Possibly all12.  But we will never know bc Jeff Long is the king.

redeye

nebhog70

No one will ever know if CBP could have won 10 this year
"Never surrender opportunity for security."
Branch Rickey

JackTNHogfan

It doesn't matter because the record says 4-8 but in my humble opinion a real coach, doesn't even have to be Bobby Petrino, wins 10 with this team.  We are not well coached but we lack discipline and execution, so it evens out.

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: Psharp on November 23, 2012, 05:43:12 pm
B. Petrino is a coward, a quitter and a loser.

Yeah he sure quit on this team didnt he. Give it a break. He screwed up and then reaffirmed his committment to the team. There are no second chances though

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

HogNiner12

You idiots , BP lost his starting QB and his All SEC RB and still won 11 games. Wake up Bobby haters , your stupid ( he wouldn't have won this year BS ) is stupid. Way to trade a Rolls for a Volkswagen beetle JL !!

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

BartIV

agreed, Bobby has 10 wins and anyone who thinks different needs to find something else to hate for a while.

prairiehogcompanion

I agree. Although it would have taken him two years.

intoxhog

Quote from: Sas Nakra on November 23, 2012, 05:32:15 pm
Most fans here are going to be really disappointed when they discover who Long has hired.
whew.... Glad someone finally knows who it is. Can u please tell us now?
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

OahuHawg

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on November 23, 2012, 05:38:47 pm
I tend to agree with this, the defense played lights out and they would have all yr. if Petrino was here, and
the Offense would have been much much better...

yep, if theres one thing BP knows, its defense..  ;)

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Klynt21 on November 23, 2012, 05:35:36 pm

Ur nuts!!! With CBP we go 8 and 4 at worst , Wins over Monroe ,Rutgers ,Ole Miss and Miss St ... Maybe even LSU

HogNiner12

Quote from: Klynt21 on November 23, 2012, 05:54:29 pm
yep, if theres one thing BP knows, its defense..  ;)
Once again idiot post. You have to know defenses to be an offensive genius ( unlike you) get some knowledge !!

Hogvillage Idiot

Yeagh, and if a frog had wings then maybe he wouldn't bump his butt on the ground every time he jumps.

Might as well say that CBP would have won them all.  Or, why'll we're at it, let's say coach Broyles would have won 10 games with this team because it just doesn't matter.
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

HogNiner12

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on November 23, 2012, 05:58:19 pm
Yeagh, and if a frog had wings then maybe he wouldn't bump his butt on the ground every time he jumps.

Might as well say that CBP would have won them all.  Or, why'll we're at it, let's say coach Broyles would have won 10 games with this team because it just doesn't matter.

Your name fits you perfect !!

OahuHawg

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 23, 2012, 05:55:07 pm
Ur nuts!!! With CBP we go 8 and 4 at worst , Wins over Monroe ,Rutgers ,Ole Miss and Miss St ... Maybe even LSU

Ok, I'll retract the 5-7 and make OM a toss up so 6-6 at best. Look this team is very thin and full of holes. Some due to unfortunate injury (nobody's fault) and some due to recruiting (BP's fault). This combined with the fact that several teams on our schedule turned out to be far better than expected (AtM, Rutgers, heck even ULM is a fine football team) made this season very disappointing

JethroB.

OahuHawg

Quote from: HogNiner12 on November 23, 2012, 05:57:42 pm
Once again idiot post. You have to know defenses to be an offensive genius ( unlike you) get some knowledge !!

no sense name calling. Just questioning the premise that we had dominant defenses under Petrino. Oh wait, that was Willy's fault...my bad

HogNiner12

Quote from: Klynt21 on November 23, 2012, 05:59:51 pm
Ok, I'll retract the 5-7 and make OM a toss up so 6-6 at best. Look this team is very thin and full of holes. Some due to unfortunate injury (nobody's fault) and some due to recruiting (BP's fault). This combined with the fact that several teams on our schedule turned out to be far better than expected (AtM, Rutgers, heck even ULM is a fine football team) made this season very disappointing

Really ? Coach Petrino lost more then that last year and still won 11 games. So yes the percentage is greater he would have won 10 games this year

Chollo

Hogvillage Idiot

"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

HogNiner12

code3hawg

I think we would have won the Monroe, Rutgers and LSU games, dont believe the defense with the rash of injuries was good enough to win many others. 
Quit Whinning and support your Team!

Pickeledpigfeet

Maybe ...if he wasnt a self centered f-wad that screwed around on the hognation as well as his family!
Seems the folks at ESPN and Atlanta were right after all!!!!
Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!