Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oklahoma Sooner Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, January 27, 2023, 10:29:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Oklahoma Sooners Recruiting: 2024 commit breakdown

By Collin Ginnan

QuoteOklahoma's recruiting class sits solidly inside the top 10 nationally. Oklahoma currently holds commitments from 26 prospects in the 2024 cycle. Thirteen of those pledges play offense and 13 come from the defense.

Oklahoma's class consists of one five-star, 14 four-stars and 11 three-
Five-Star Plus+ defensive lineman David Stone headlines the class

Additional top-300 recruits include Melissa (Texas) four-star defensive lineman Nigel Smith II, Tulsa (Okla.) NOAH Homeschool four-star EDGE Danny Okoye, Centerville (Ohio) four-star safety Reggie Powers, Odessa (Texas) four-star wide receiver Ivan Carreon, Gray (Ga.) Jones County four-star wide receiver Zion Ragins, Lewisville (Texas) four-star safety Jaydan Hardy and Chatsworth (Calif.) Sierra Canyon four-star interior offensive lineman Eugene Brooks.

Four-star and five-star prospects are rated as 'blue-chip' prospects — Oklahoma's class sits in the top 15 nationally in blue-chip ratio at 57.69%.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Former Purdue WR Neon Deion Burks commits to Oklahoma

By Hayes Fawcett

QuoteFormer Purdue WR Deion Burks has committed to Oklahoma, he tells On3.

The 5'10 185 WR started all 12 games for the Boilermakers this year, totaling 47 receptions for 629 yards and 7 TDs.

"The culture and the coaches!"

Has 2 to play 2.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

UT Martin RB transfer Sam Franklin commits to Oklahoma

By Barkley Truax

QuoteFranklin played high school football at Little Rock Central (AR) High School, where he was an unranked prospect.

In 2023 for UT Martin, Franklin rushed for 1,378 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Has 2 to play 2.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brent Venables details how move to SEC has impacted Oklahoma recruiting

By Dan Morrison

QuoteThis year's recruiting class is the first at Oklahoma that is committing to play in the SEC immediately. It's a factor that, as head coach Brent Venables explained, has had an impact on recruiting.

While being in the SEC does help recruiting, Venables also explained that being in the SEC is going to require a deep yet athletic team.

"This has always been a game of physicality and speed and length and instincts," Brent Venables said. "We'll continue to stay committed to that blueprint. This is a very deep, competitive league. The deepest league on the planet. So again, the demands, the rigors of the league are very real. We've been in that process, though, for the last couple of years, the last 26-plus months in building a roster that can compete in the league we were in and certainly moving forward, what the demand's gonna be in the SEC."

Oklahoma has the eighth-ranked recruiting class.

jbcarol

Oklahoma adds former freshman All-American from the transfer portal
Grant Bricker | 44 minutes ago

H⭕️ME

QuoteOklahoma will have former North Texas freshman All-American Febechi Nwaiwu for its 1st season in the SEC after he committed to the Sooners on Friday.

Nwaiwu spent time at North Texas from 2021-2023.

jbcarol

Former Utah CB Jocelyn Malaska commits to Oklahoma

by: Nick Kosko

QuoteFormer Utah cornerback Jocelyn Malaska committed to Oklahoma, according to On3's Hayes Fawcett. He has three years of eligibility remaining.

Malaska did not register defensive stats this season. However, he logged time on special teams in five games this fall. He saw reserve action last year including in the Pac-12 Championship and Rose Bowl during the 2022 season.

As a member of the Class of 2022, Malaska was a three-star recruit out of Bethany (Okla.) High,

jbcarol

Staff Report: Florida State kicker transfer Tyler Keltner commits to Oklahoma

QuoteKeltner spent the past season at Florida State, where he appeared in only one game, kicking a single PAT. He had starred at East Tennessee State, where he was a two-time All-Southern Conference kicker.

The kicker connected on 56-of-74 field goal attempts, while also knocking through 131-of-131 point after attempts.

He had a career long field goal of 54 yards.

Prior to enrolling at ETSU, Tyler Keltner was an unranked prospect out of Tallahassee (FL) Lawton Chiles.

jbcarol

Miami EDGE transfer Caiden Woullard commits to Oklahoma Sooners

by:
Wade Peery

QuoteMiami (Ohio) edge transfer Caiden Woullard recently entered the NCAA Transfer Portal searching for a new home. On Thursday evening, he found one and officially committed to the Oklahoma Sooners, he announced:

jbcarol

Report: Former USC, Florida OT transfer Michael Tarquin commits to Oklahoma

by: Thomas Goldkamp

QuoteFormer USC and Florida offensive tackle Michael Tarquin has committed to Oklahoma out of the NCAA transfer portal, according to a report from Rivals.

Tarquin entered the portal after one season at USC, doing so as a graduate transfer.

He started eight games for USC this fall after starting 10 games at Florida and making 31 total appearances for the Gators.

So the Sooners will certainly be getting an experienced offensive lineman in the fold.

Michael Tarquin previously played at Citra High School in North Marion, Florida, where he was a four-star...

jbcarol

Baylor tight end transfer Jake Roberts commits to Oklahoma

by:
Justin Rudolph

QuoteFormer Baylor Bears tight end Jake Roberts has found a new home with a former Baylor Big 12 rival. On Monday, Roberts revealed that he will be heading to Norman, OK, after committing to play for Brent Venables and the soon to be Oklahoma Sooners of the SEC in 2024.

Roberts played high school football at Norman North High

jbcarol

Florida Atlantic transfer, former Texas QB Casey Thompson commits to Oklahoma

by:
Nick Schultz

QuoteFormer Florida Atlantic, Nebraska and Texas quarterback Casey Thompson has committed to Oklahoma, he told On3's Hayes Fawcett. Thompson was recently granted one more year of eligibility after suffering a season-ending injury this past season, meaning 2024 will be his seventh year of college football.

Thompson will walk on at Oklahoma, according to Sooner Scoop's George Stoia III, and provide a strong veteran presence for Jackson Arnold.

jbcarol

Washington transfer offensive lineman Geirean Hatchett commits to Oklahoma

by:
Kaiden Smith

QuoteAfter entering the NCAA transfer portal, former Washington Huskies offensive lineman Geirean Hatchett has committed to Oklahoma according to On3's Hayes Fawcett.

Geirean joins the Sooners with two seasons of eligibility remaining in his college career after spending the first four seasons of his career in Seattle. The 6-foot-4, 303-pound guard appeared in 12 games last season for Washington, makes four starts for an offensive line that took home the Joe Moore

jbcarol

Oklahoma HC Brent Venables visits Caleb Cunningham

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteFresh off an unofficial visit to Oklahoma last weekend, Ackerman (Miss.) Choctaw County 2025 five-star wide receiver Caleb Cunningham welcomed Sooners coaches to his school on Friday as the February recruiting dead period approaches.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pounder is the nation's No. 11 overall prospect and No. 2 wide receiver in the 2025 cycle.

SEC programs like Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia and more are in pursuit of him.

SEC programs like Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia and more are in pursuit of him, but the Sooners are also looking to make a splash.

They got him on campus for the first time just a few days ago, with head coach Brent Venables and wide receivers coach Emmitt Jones stopping at his school.

jbcarol

Oklahoma trending for 2025 5-star LB Jonah Williams

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteOklahoma is trending for one of the top prospects in the 2025 cycle, according to the Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM).

Galveston (Texas) Ball five-star linebacker Jonah Williams has fielded offers from around 25 Power Five programs, many of whom are among the best in the nation. That includes the Sooners, who have gotten the 6-foot-3, 200-pounder to Norman for multiple visits.

On Saturday, Texas recruiting insider Justin Wells logged a pick in the RPM in favor of Oklahoma landing the Lone Star State product. The Sooners now have a 91.8% edge to add an elite recruit to the mix in the 2025 cycle.

"They have been gaining every day. Calling me every day. Talking to my dad every day. Coach (Brandon) Hall, the safeties coach and I talk a lot. We made a promise that we would come up there on the 27th, so we are keeping that promise," Williams said of OU to On3 last month. "Oklahoma is baseball and football as well. The coaching staff ... they all hit me up. Make sure and talk to me. We have great conversations. They love my parents, and my parent love them. It's just elevated our relationship."

jbcarol

Sooners landed a pledge from 3-star offensive lineman Ryan Fodje

Spenser Davis | 12 minutes ago

QuoteHe could earn 4-star status in the coming months as he and the class of 2025 continues to take shape. He's currently the No. 400 overall player and the No. 34 offensive tackle in the country for this cycle. He's also the No. 60 player from the state of Texas.

Fodje attends Bridgeland High n Cypress. He chose Oklahoma over programs such as Oregon, Missouri, Oklahoma State and others.

Oklahoma is now up to 10 commits in the class of 2025, including 2 along the offensive line. Sooners' class ranks No. 5 nationally.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Sooners Recruiting: 2025 commit breakdown
by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteFollowing back-to-back-to-back top-10 recruiting classes, the Oklahoma Sooners have established themselves as one of the country's elite destinations under Brent Venables. The Sooners finished with the No. 9 class in 2024 and will be looking to build on that:

Oklahoma Class Breakdown
Offense and in-state targets have been the focus early on in the 2025 cycle for OU, with six of their 10 commitments hailing from the Sooner State and seven expected to play on offensive

Co-offensive coordinator Seth Littrell has his quarterback with four-star Kevin Sperry out of the Oklahoma City area. His pledge has helped spur on one of the best receiver classes in the country, led by in-state four-stars Elijah Thomas and Jaden Nickens, along with Texas-based four-star Gracen Harris.

On the defensive side, the Sooners have three early commitments from linebacker Marcus James, EDGE Alexander Shieldnight and defensive lineman Ka'Mori Moore.

Top Sooners Offensive Commit: WR Elijah Thomas
OU beat out Oklahoma State, Alabama, and Texas A&M for Thomas, one of the most dynamic players in the Sooner State

Top Oklahoma Defensive Commit: LB Marcus James
Texas A&M, Utah, TCU, and also Arkansas were also finalists for James, who committed to the Sooners in November.

"I'm so confident because I know that Coach V is building something special and it's something that I want to be a part of and can't miss out on," James told On3's Sam Spiegelman. "Why not be a hometown hero?"

jbcarol

Sooners trending for Haywood

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteFew 2025 prospects have seen their stock rise more in the past few months more than Denton (Texas) Ryan High School five-star offensive tackle Ty Haywood.

Haywood, who was first ranked by On3 as a top-20 national prospect, now sits as one of the country's elite recruits. And he has the offers to back it up. Texas, Oregon, Miami, Texas A&M and more are all in the mix, but right now it's an out-of-state program trending for the DFW star.

After an expert prediction from InsideTexas.com recruiting insider Justin Wells, the Oklahoma Sooners hold a heavy advantage

"They're one of the hardest recruiters out there right now ... they're definitely recruiting me the hardest," Haywood previously told On3 of Oklahoma. "Coach Bedenbaugh's a great guy and I like the way the coaches treat you like people. Coach Venables is a down to earth man, he's pretty good to be around, he has great energy and always happy."

... They're always checking on me no matter what, seeing how I am and how I'm doing, and they stay on top of the game as far as building a relationship with the players — and not just the player, but the person."

Texas will be in the mix until the end

jbcarol

Top-100 DL Trent Wilson visits Oklahoma Sooners

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteOne of the top defensive linemen in the 2025 cycle is in Norman this weekend.

Oklahoma has emerged as one of the top contenders for Upper Marlboro (Md.) Dr. Henry Wise four-star DL Trent Wilson. The Sooners finally got the blue-chipper down for a visit as he begins a busy slate of spring trips.

Wilson's interest in the new SEC program has blossomed thanks to budding relationships with OU co-defensive coordinator Todd Bates and defensive ends coach Miguel Chavis. He touched on the pair of coaches when talking about the Sooners with On3's Phillip Dukes.

"Todd Bates and Coach Miguel, they offered me when I was at St. Francis last year. I had just reached out to Todd Bates earlier this year to start building relationships with him and set up a visit, because I was interested. Bates has a great résumé with D-linemen since he was at Clemson and when he went to Oklahoma," Wilson said on 'The Five Star Flex'.

jbcarol

Oklahoma trending Blaylock

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteHouston Atascocita four-star running back Tory Blaylock trimmed his list of top schools down to six.

The 5-foot-10.5, 175-pounder told On3's Hayes Fawcett that Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas all made the cut for the Lone Star State prospect. Of those six schools, one is trending for his pledge.

Oklahoma offered Blaylock nearly two years ago in August 2022. Since then, the Sooners have consistently pushed for the tailback. After taking multiple trips to Norman last year, he's already been back for a Junior Day trip in 2024 and has been visited by Brent Venables and the OU staff.

jbcarol

Four-Star CB Trystan Haynes names Top 6

by:
Hayes Fawcett

QuoteFour-star cornerback Trystan Haynes of Midwest City (OK) Carl Albert narrowed his list to 6 schools Tuesday afternoon.

6-foot-2, 180 pounder is down to the following: Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, Texas A&M, Miami, and Alabama.

Breaking down the finalists
Haynes spoke with On3 about what stood out with each school

Oklahoma- Its home! I like Coach Venables and Coach Valai and think the program is headed in a great direction. Coach V being a defensive coach I feel like I can be coached well there... My family are OU fans and my teammates are going there.

jbcarol

WR Jaden Nickens decommits from Oklahoma

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteOklahoma City (Okla.) four-star wide receiver Jaden Nickens has decommitted from Oklahoma, he announced on Wednesday evening.

Nickens had been committed to the Sooners since August 2023, when he chose them over offers from Oklahoma State, North Texas, Penn State and nearly a dozen other programs.

"First I want to give Thanks and all Glory to my Father God above for even giving me the opportunity to play this game."

Oklahoma Sooners Recruiting: 2025 commit breakdown

Offense and in-state targets have been the focus early on in the 2025 cycle for OU, with five of their nine commitments hailing from the Sooner State and seven expected to play on offensive at the next level. Co-offensive coordinator Seth Littrell has his quarterback with four-star Kevin Sperry out of the Oklahoma City area. His pledge has helped spur on a string of receiver commitments, led by in-state four-star Elijah Thomas Texas-based three-star Gracen Harris.

Top Oklahoma Defensive Commit: LB Marcus James
Texas A&M, Utah, TCU, and also Arkansas were also finalists for James, who committed to the Sooners in November.

jbcarol

Oklahoma trending for 4-star RB Tory Blaylock ahead of upcoming commitment date

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteOne of the most coveted Lone Star State running backs in the 2025 cycle is set to come off the board later this month.

On Tuesday evening, Houston Atascocita four-star RB Tory Blaylock announced that he will commit on March 29. Earlier this month, he trimmed his list of top schools down to six, as Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee and Texas all made the cut.

Oklahoma offered Blaylock nearly two years ago in August 2022. Since then, the Sooners have consistently pushed for the tailback. After taking multiple trips to Norman last year, he's already been back for a Junior Day trip in 2024 and has been visited by Brent Venables.

Last month, Oklahoma recruiting insider Josh McCuistion logged a pick in favor of the Sooners landing Blaylock. Now, Ohio State recruiting insider Alex Gleitman has logged an expert prediction in favor of OU at a 70% confidence level. As the blue-chipper continues to work toward a commitment, Oklahoma continues to stand ahead of the pack, currently owning an 90.8% edge:

"As for Blaylock, there's also been considerable conversation about his relationship with DeMarco Murray," McCuistion wrote. "The two seem very well connected and his repeat trips to Norman tells more than one source that Oklahoma has a lot of them momentum here."

jbcarol

Blaylock commits to Oklahoma:
'It is like one big family'

by:
Chad Simmons

Where's that finger been :hmmm:

QuoteHouston (Texas) Atascocita four-star running back Tory Blaylock attended a camp at Oklahoma heading into his sophomore year. He met Sooners running backs coach DeMarco Murray on that trip and eventually landed an offer from the soon-to-be SEC program.

Blaylock, who last visited Oklahoma on Jan. 27, has already been to Norman six times. The 5-foot-10.5, 195-pound tailback will return to the Sooners' campus as an Oklahoma commit, as he pledged to head coach Brent Venables and his staff on Friday.

jbcarol

2025 safety Marcus Wimberly commits to Oklahoma

by: Hunter Shelton

QuoteBauxite three-star safety Marcus Wimberly has committed to Oklahoma.

He chose the Sooners following his decommitment from Arkansas on Dec. 1.

Wimberly is the No. 556 overall prospect and No. 40 safety in the 2025 cycle

Wimberly made his way to Norman for a Junior Day visit at the beginning of February. The Sooners offered the 6-foot-1, 185-pounder after a strong junior season and quickly picked up momentum in his recruitment. Venables and Co. have now added another piece to a growing 2025 recruiting class.

"It was absolutely outstanding. The team is truly a family. The S.O.U.L mission stuff is so awesome. They really want to yes make you a better football player, but really a better man, son, husband, etc. [I'm] just extremely thankful for that awesome opportunity."

--Wimberly

Oklahoma trending for 4-star CB Maliek Hawkins

jbcarol

4-star CB Maliek Hawkins commits to Oklahoma

QuoteAllen (Texas) Frisco Emerson four-star cornerback Maliek Hawkins has committed to Oklahoma.

He chose the Sooners over Texas, Arkansas and State.

jbcarol

Michael Fasusi visiting Oklahoma Sooners

QuoteOklahoma is among the programs charging hard for Lewisville five-star offensive tackle Michael Fasusi.

The 6-foot-4.5, 285-pounder has taken a bevy of trips to Norman throughout his recruitment and returned again this week as Brent Venables and Co. look to land a pledge from one of the top trench monsters in the 2025 cycle:

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett
@Hayesfawcett3
NEWS: Former Louisville DL Jermayne Lole will be at the Oklahoma spring game this weekend, he tells @on3sports

The 6'3 310 DL totaled 141 Tackles, 12.5 Sacks, and 25 TFL through 39 Career Games (4 seasons)

https://on3.com/db/jermayne-lole-60831

jbcarol

Louisville transfer DL Jermayne Lole announces visits

by: Pete Nakos

QuoteLouisville defensive lineman Jermayne Lole announced plans Wednesday night for his four transfer portal visits.

He spent three seasons at Arizona State where he spent three seasons before transferring to Louisville in May 2022. The defensive lineman will visit Oklahoma this weekend for the spring game.

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3

BREAKING: Former SMU OL Branson Hickman has Committed to Oklahoma, he tells @on3sports

The 6'3 300 OL was the Top Available IOL in the Portal (per On3)

Has 33 career starts and was an All-AAC selection in 2023

"Let's work. Boomer!"

https://on3.com/db/branson-hickman-13422

jbcarol

@Hayesfawcett3
BREAKING: Former Louisville DL Jermayne Lole has Committed to Oklahoma, he tells @on3sports

The 6'3 310 DL totaled 141 Tackles, 12.5 Sacks, and 25 TFL through 39 Career Games (4 seasons)

"#BoomerSooner"

https://on3.com/db/jermayne-lole-60831