Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VB vs Ole Miss Oct 6

Started by Pancetta, October 06, 2017, 10:28:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancetta

This was the first collegiate vb game I have attended. I was really impressed by the speed of the game and how exciting it was. Pilar Victoria is a hammer. I would not want to try to block her. I got to say the rules confuse me. I need to take in a game with an experienced VB fan. I will definitely go again this season.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

psycHOGlogist

You were part of the 5th largest crowd in program history last night! Must have been a pretty decent atmosphere.

Which rules do you find confusing? Long time player and coach -- I might be able to help.

Was a nice win last night -- very important to get the bounce-back W after the bad road trip to the Alabama schools last weekend. Tough road contest coming up tomorrow in Baton Rouge, though. We really need to find some consistency to our play.

Pancetta

There were several times where it looked like the ball was out but the flag guy made a T and the hitting team would get a point. Also there were times when someone would swt the ball and then the head ref?umpire? or the other net official would hold up 2 fingers and it would be a point for the team not settling. It was a decent atmosphere. I wasn't as into it as I should because I accidentally dumped an entire order of nachos on an ole miss couple and I was bummed.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

psycHOGlogist

The "T" from the line judge means that the ball was touched by the block or someone on the defending team, so that the team who hit the ball gets the point.

The "two fingers" call means that the setter did not contact the ball simultaneously with both hands, which is a "double hit" fault. Point to the other team.

Bummer about your nachos!