Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon to announce his decision on 12/19...

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckTalesLOL

From his Facebook:

"Everyone I'll be making my college decision December 19th(next Tuesday ) @2:00pm in Earle High School Gymnasium . Everyone share this and  come see what you all have been waiting for."

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm
From his Facebook:
Everyone share this and come see what you all have been waiting for."

This sounds very promising for Arkansas.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Iwastherein1969

This kid would be kryptonite to Nick Saban's defense.... Gerry would bring down the Alabama dynasty and become the most famous Razorback of all time.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

AirWarren

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm
From his Facebook:

"Everyone I'll be making my college decision December 19th(next Tuesday ) @2:00pm in Earle High School Gymnasium . Everyone share this and  come see what you all have been waiting for."

Reminds me of KJ Hill.....

TheInfamousHog

AirWarren

Quote from: TheInfamousHog on December 14, 2017, 10:00:26 pm
never heard of her.

It's hard as a Razorback to recognize good football after this year...I get it.

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: AP85 on December 14, 2017, 10:01:20 pm

Not really. We made every other team look good. Except Ole Miss. Some how we pulled that out of our aspirin.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: East Clintwood on December 14, 2017, 10:22:59 pm

Why?

Probably the "come see me" part. No one from Baylor is coming to see this kid in Earle.

RockyMtnHog

Why?

The first letter on his chest on the Facebook page is Arkansas.  Others are spread all around.

sickboy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 14, 2017, 09:53:06 pm
This kid would be kryptonite to Nick Saban's defense.... Gerry would bring down the Alabama dynasty and become the most famous Razorback of all time.

Calm down, now.

Haters gonna hate

That is why he needs to be a Razorback!

forrest city joe

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 14, 2017, 09:31:27 pm
This sounds very promising for Arkansas.
Yes it does. but i am not getting my hopes up.anything can happen in recruiting.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: AP85 on December 14, 2017, 10:01:20 pm
Hill is a bum. what has he done?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jkstock04

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2017, 10:52:12 pm
Do you realize you are hands down the biggest B.S-er and sensationalist on all
of Hogville? We are talking thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 14, 2017, 10:50:17 pm
Yes it does. but i am not getting my hopes up.anything can happen in recruiting.

Anything can happen with 18 year old kids.  Hopefully they can see the writing on the wall.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

bville_hog

Could we ask him to please announce our DC at the same time? 

hog_fan

Quote from: bville_hog on December 14, 2017, 11:20:39 pm
Could we ask him to please announce our DC at the same time? 

Explain to me how a DC is going to make a difference during a dead period?

East Clintwood

Quote from: hog_fan on December 15, 2017, 01:13:39 am
Explain to me how a DC is going to make a difference during a dead period?

Maybe putting together the rest of the defensive staff.

Jimbob111

Remind me again why some kid is having a press conference at his school to pick which college he's going to?  Is he a Gatorade All-American? The number one QB in the country? Took his team to the state championship for 3 years running? Did he overcome a debilitating illness and can now play college athletics?  He's good but he's not that good. He's a product of Fitz Hill's propaganda campaign.  But hey, December 19th right? I guess we better all make plans to take off work and show up.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

hogboarder

I feel good about it.  The delta guys are pretty Hog loyal.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Jimbob111 on December 15, 2017, 01:49:12 am
Remind me again why some kid is having a press conference at his school to pick which college he's going to?  Is he a Gatorade All-American? The number one QB in the country? Took his team to the state championship for 3 years running? Did he overcome a debilitating illness and can now play college athletics?  He's good but he's not that good. He's a product of Fitz Hill's propaganda campaign.  But hey, December 19th right? I guess we better all make plans to take off work and show up.

I would imagine it is a big deal around his area but I agree, it's not something I would think about doing.

Phil D

Slow your roll bro. That's an awfully bold statement
GO HOGS!!!!!!

1highhog

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on December 14, 2017, 10:29:04 pm
Probably the "come see me" part. No one from Baylor is coming to see this kid in Earle.

Hmm, well, that's as good a answer as any.  I'll buy that for a dollar! 

https://youtu.be/85cL1HisrNc

Jimbob111

Ok, so after rethinking this, I can see this is just a kid who wants everyone to see his accomplishments, which are not small. I mean, he has been offered multiple D-1 scholarships to play football. So, I was kind of hard on him.

The frustrating part is that this was probably coordinated by a grown adult and I feel like this rampant self-promotion is have a very detrimental effect on sports in general and is enabling some players to engage on conduct that they feel they can get away with because they are "more special" than their peers. It's normalizing the idea that some people are above others and then, their behavior get's normalized because they should be able to do it because they are "more special".

And it's adults that are feeding into this enabling behavior and the kids are just going along with it.  /rant over
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

MissippHog

He's a kid and I'm sure it's a big deal to him, just let him enjoy it and have his day.  Some of you are way too uptight.  I hope he's a Hog and if not, good luck to him.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Jimbob111 on December 15, 2017, 05:05:56 am
Ok, so after rethinking this, I can see this is just a kid who wants everyone to see his accomplishments, which are not small. I mean, he has been offered multiple D-1 scholarships to play football. So, I was kind of hard on him.

The frustrating part is that this was probably coordinated by a grown adult and I feel like this rampant self-promotion is have a very detrimental effect on sports in general and is enabling some players to engage on conduct that they feel they can get away with because they are "more special" than their peers. It's normalizing the idea that some people are above others and then, their behavior get's normalized because they should be able to do it because they are "more special".

And it's adults that are feeding into this enabling behavior and the kids are just going along with it.  /rant over

Say's the adult that has spent days upon days of his life posting his opinions on sports message boards 4,000 times because he wants to be heard, he wants his opinions to be known, he wants people to acknowledge his intelligence and expertise. Give it a f'ng rest, the kid has spent years of his life trying to accomplish the goal of earning a D1 scholarship, his family, his friend, his community and apparently his school think it is a pretty big deal that he has accomplished that goal with multiple offers to chose from.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Peter Porker

Not sure if serious.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

RideTillIDieHawg

He's having a PC because thousands of middle aged guys live and die off of college kids playing a sport and pay to access recruiting boards like rivals.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Youngsta71701

Reminder: https://247sports.com/player/gerry-bohanon-94311
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2017, 10:52:12 pm

He will be an excellent grad transfer in about a year for us

HoggusMaximus

slow down there boss.

SamBuckhart

Hoping Gerry Bohanon comes to Fayetteville. Wooo Pig, Gerry!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Bkhardicars

Why?
[/quote I think the thing that makes it promising is he says "Come see what you've been waiting for" is what makes it promising for Arkansas. Earle is in Arkansas you see..The majority of the people that live in and around Earle are Razorback fans.Now this part I don't know for fact, but I bet met of his Facebook friends and Twitter followers are Razorback fans.Seems like a good kid so I don't think he'd be the type that trolls his most ardent supporters...What I mean by that is I think he knows most of his friends and followers would not be "waiting to see him announce for Baylor or somewhere else"...Just a hunch...

Dropkick

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 15, 2017, 06:11:59 am
Catch punts real nice...

Y'all must not watch college football. He had more receptions and yards than any Arkansas receiver while playing for a top 5 team.

MikeB

Quote from: MissippHog on December 15, 2017, 05:17:59 am
He's a kid and I'm sure it's a big deal to him, just let him enjoy it and have his day.  Some of you are way too uptight.  I hope he's a Hog and if not, good luck to him.

X2

lumphog

NEA_HogFan

jkstock04

My thoughts on the matter are no matter if this kid turns out to be a success or not...if Morris flips him to Arkansas that's going to be a very big deal perception wise on the recruiting side of things. I say "flip" him because there was no chance in hell he was going to come here with Bielema the program wrecker as our coach.

Guy has only been our coach a few days...and if he is able to flip this kid to stay in state that's gonna be a real good look for now and things to come.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jst01

Pinto

Dear God you're annoying

Snout team

Quote from: jst01 on December 15, 2017, 07:44:45 am
I say its 30% he chooses AR.

With his Twitter pics and the "come on down and see what ya'll been waiting for" comment about his announcement, he is either trolling or he will be a hog.

Guys that quietly choose to go out of state are typically respected at some level.  Guys that troll and then go out of state, not much.

I believe he is a hog.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

ricepig

Quote from: East Clintwood on December 15, 2017, 01:22:30 am

Maybe putting together the rest of the defensive staff.

That can recruit their butt off and be ready January 12th.

Cinco de Hogo

I agree, this is a big deal, to flip both Bishop and Bohanon back to Arkansas is like adding starter fluid to your charcoal grill.  I salute any of these players who respond to Coach Morris's call to duty!  Arkansas need you in a way no other school of your choosing could possibly offer you.  Stay home and make all your natural fans happy.  They are the ones who will remember you next year, ten years from now and fifty years from now.

NotSoFastMyFriend