Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#2 in the Nation in TAKEWAYS does not equal "sucking"

Started by Pig in the Pokey, December 02, 2017, 12:43:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

December 02, 2017, 12:43:27 pm Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:43:34 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Memphis defense is a beast considering the talent they are working with. Add today's 4 to this and they are SECOND in the NATION.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/460
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

oh, and they are winning 31-24 after a 17 point streak to end the half against the nation's #1 offense and #1 takeaway machine defense, undefeated UCF.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

20gauge

Turnovers are well and good. But you can't count on them. They have 3 today and are still down.

If we hire him he better at least figure out how to stop someone. Because we have seen what a bad defense will get you in the SEC

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 20gauge on December 02, 2017, 02:08:52 pm
Turnovers are well and good. But you can't count on them. They have 3 today and are still down.

If we hire him he better at least figure out how to stop someone. Because we have seen what a bad defense will get you in the SEC
down by only 7 against a better team, on the road, for a title. it's 48-41. team beat him 40-17 earlier in the year. He has proved a lot today imo.
@Slackaveli

regi

And down 48-4, fun to watch, but doing nothing to improve on 465 yards and 32 points a game they give up.

Tony Perkis

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 02, 2017, 02:12:31 pm
The AAC doesn't play defense. Like at all.
Charlie Strong is supposed to be  defensive guru and he gave up, what, 50?

They play some NASTY offense, tho, and it would score high in any league. "DEFENSE wins championships" is crap nowadays. The two top offenses in the nation are going at it for a title right now.

Oh, and Memphis just forced the 1st punt of the game in the 4th qtr... so you arent wrong!
@Slackaveli

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:13:13 pm
Charlie Strong is supposed to be  defensive guru and he gave up, what, 50?
I won't argue that.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 12:43:27 pm
Memphis defense is a beast considering the talent they are working with. Add today's 3 to this and they are THIRD in the NATION.

True. Norvell's team beat opponents by 17pts per game. I don't care about yards or points allowed for that matter.

We averaged losing each game by 7pts. That's a 24 point swing. Sign me up. He's made the most sense all along anyways.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Memphis has been out of position a couple of time in coverage but for the most part they've been right there with the wr. NOT TO MENTION THEY ARE SUPER YOUNG!!!
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PIGGTOWN HAM

Quote from: Karma on December 02, 2017, 02:12:08 pm
It's really too bad he won't be our coach.

Wow, it's true what they say, you really are a b!+@#

CDBHawg

Quote from: regi on December 02, 2017, 02:11:39 pm
And down 48-4, fun to watch, but doing nothing to improve on 465 yards and 32 points a game they give up.

Give up 32, score 52. It's a 20 point victory.

hoggusamoungus

Memphis just forced a UCF punt.  It only took 53 minutes but they did force a punt.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on December 02, 2017, 02:14:33 pm
Memphis has been out of position a couple of time in coverage but for the most part they've been right there with the wr. NOT TO MENTION THEY ARE SUPER YOUNG!!!
yes indeed. I actually like their style of defense. Red zone scoring defense and turnovers forced stats are great.

AND, they are about to tie it up now, after that great STOP by the defense!
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

20gauge

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:10:26 pm
down by only 7 against a better team, on the road, for a title. it's 48-41. team beat him 40-17 earlier in the year. He has proved a lot today imo.
Always hard to beat a team twice. What Memphis has done better since the other game is not turn it over themselves.

UCF would have 60 on the board and two of the turnovers were Johnny on the spot kind of turnovers.

You know as well as I do that won't fly in this league. I'm not against hiring Norvell. It's just he will have to find someone who can put a serviceable defense on the field

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I want their damn wr coach. They catch every damn thing.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PIGGTOWN HAM

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:15:38 pm
yes indeed. I actually like their style of defense. Red zone scoring defense and turnovers forced stats are great.

AND, they are about to tie it up now, after that great STOP by the defense!

What a game! Just hope it doesn't go to OT and delay the announcement

CDBHawg

LawyerHog50

If you think they don't have a defense you're stuck in the stone age.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 02, 2017, 02:19:23 pm
Margin of victory is something nobody looks at. He's winning games by 17ppg
iT'S the MOST IMPORTANT SINGLE STAT.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 02:19:45 pm
THIS. They are top ten in several important metrics.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

20 Memphis 10-1   7   24   3   14   48
14 UCF        11-0     17   7   21   3   48
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

What a game, it's so fun to watch, and some of you are against it. MAKES ZERO SENSE.
@Slackaveli

cosmodrum

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:22:05 pm
What a game, it's so fun to watch, and some of you are against it. MAKES ZERO SENSE.

Football don't work here in the SEC
Go away, batin'

hawginbigd1

I am afraid MN fixna go out a loser might need to let UCF score now LOL!

Oops not so fast LOL

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 02, 2017, 02:23:28 pm
I am afraid MN fixna go out a loser might need to let UCF score now LOL!
a LOSER? ARFSM?

There are no "losers' or "bad coaches' in this title game. Its the damn GotY!
@Slackaveli

20gauge

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 02, 2017, 02:19:45 pm
They have given up 48 points. Every coach we have ever had would be shredded for giving up POINTS like this.

And if you think this defense will work against the best teams in the SEC you are crazy

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:24:36 pm
a LOSER? ARFSM?

There are no "losers' or "bad coaches' in this title game. Its the damn GotY!
There is always a loser, it's why we care

20gauge

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 20gauge on December 02, 2017, 02:25:44 pm
They have given up 48 points. Every coach we have ever had would be shredded for giving up POINTS like this.

And if you think this defense will work against the best teams in the SEC you are crazy
they are about to win ON THE ROAD, there VERY FIRST EVER CONFERENCE TITLE IN 100 YEARS, dude. STFU!
!
@Slackaveli

hawginbigd1

The Pulse

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 12:43:27 pm
Memphis defense is a beast considering the talent they are working with. Add today's 3 to this and they are THIRD in the NATION.

dude their defense is 111th out of 129

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

20gauge

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 02, 2017, 02:27:16 pm
they are about to win ON THE ROAD, there VERY FIRST EVER CONFERENCE TITLE IN 100 YEARS, dude. STFU!
!
Yiu STFU. You know this D won't cut it in the SEC week in and week out. I'm fine with scoring 60.

And I have nothing against Memphis winning

rhames

Norvell is an awesome offensive mind but let's use a little discretion here

Their defense is bad.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hawg Red

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rhames on December 02, 2017, 02:32:35 pm
Norvell is an awesome offensive mind but let's use a little discretion here

Their defense is bad.
And your posts are bad.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 02, 2017, 02:30:41 pm
dude their defense is 111th out of 129
it's 88th in scoring and #3 in takeaways, and top 30 in redzone, and top 10 in special teams, and #2 in offense. nobody cares about your meaningless yards stat.

Oh, and they WIN by an average of 17 points per game. SEVENTEEN!!!
@Slackaveli

tkhog

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Arkansas Fan

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.