Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will there be protests if it is Mike Norvell?

Started by Hogtimes, December 01, 2017, 10:56:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtimes

Just thought I was ask the same question that was posted about Chad Morris being selected.   Cheers.

jst01

luvmesomehogs

(notOM)Rebel123

The idea of protests regardless of who is hired, outside of Art Briles, is ridiculous. Anyone notice the backlash at Tennessee? They looked like fools. Hope we won't have to experience such idiocy here.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

isavedjazz

Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

ipigsooie

Should be a poll. Norvell and lane seem like the only guaranteed hits on here. I'll take either. 

JONAS

Hell no!  I'll be shouting for joy if it is him or Kiffin.

Tony Perkis

I am down to protest for about anything at this point. Seems to be the thing to do. I'm about to go on a hunger strike if my trash man leaves my trash can knocked down one more time.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 01, 2017, 11:00:14 pm
I am down to protest for about anything at this point. Seems to be the thing to do. I'm about to go on a hunger strike if my trash man leaves my trash can knocked down one more time.

Hey, you could drop a few pounds...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

East TN HAWG

NuttinItUp

Tortfeasor

You must have meant to type Morris if you think there will be protesting.

Tony Perkis

a shady hog

Well the Razorback players want to play for Norvell, they've expressed that on Twitter and those kids are who really count. So no, no one will protest for one of the hottest name coaches.

TexasHog

I don't think there would be any protests and the majority would probably be happy with the hire.

porkinsons disease

Nope. Auburn mortgages themselves to keep a coach that is 1 game away from a forced buyout. We get a hot up-and-comer
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

WalHog2018

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 01, 2017, 10:56:07 pm
Just thought I was ask the same question that was posted about Chad Morris being selected.   Cheers.
no. I'd be lit

Locutus_of_Boar

I suspect the way to think about it is that Norvell has the lowest negatives of any candidate. Gus, Kiffin, and Leach all have their factions and they all have many opposed to each of them as well.  Norvell is probably the 2nd choice of the vast majority regardless of whoever is their favorite.  That makes him the one candidate with the best chance to unify the fan base if he has a little success.

Paul

HogCzar1

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 01, 2017, 11:30:56 pm
I suspect the way to think about it is that Norvell has the lowest negatives of any candidate. Gus, Kiffin, and Leach all have their factions and they all have many opposed to each of them as well.  Norvell is probably the 2nd choice of the vast majority regardless of whoever is their favorite.  That makes him the one candidate with the best chance to unify the fan base if he has a little success.

Well stated. And, I agree.

The Pulse

Irontusk

secfan30

With the names on our list, there should not be any protest. We will either have an exciting offense, young up and comer, home town hero, or a well respected coordinator.

The Pulse

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 01, 2017, 11:30:56 pm
I've read all the threads from all the boards and the one name that pops up the most when people are throwing their top 2 or 3 is Norvell.  Some don't want him, but they are the minority. Norvell is the greatest common denominator for the entire Arkansas fanbase.

Semper Hogelis

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

popcornhog

I'd be happy with Norvell. He'd at least ensure that we renew our season tickets.
WPS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jst01 on December 01, 2017, 10:57:55 pm
Don't drink and start threads anymore

I think he was doing something more serious than drinking.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Wooderson

Any hire from Gus, Norvell, Kiffin, and Venables would be accepted and bring excitement from the vast majority of fans.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: secfan30 on December 02, 2017, 12:14:35 am
With the names on our list, there should not be any protest. We will either have an exciting offense, young up and comer, home town hero, or a well respected coordinator.

Or chad morris
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HoggyCat

Quote from: a shady hog on December 01, 2017, 11:11:27 pm
Well the Razorback players want to play for Norvell, they've expressed that on Twitter and those kids are who really count. So no, no one will protest for one of the hottest name coaches.

They counted when JLS was hired too.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

parallaxpig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 01, 2017, 10:58:44 pm
The idea of protests regardless of who is hired, outside of Art Briles, is ridiculous. Anyone notice the backlash at Tennessee? They looked like fools. Hope we won't have to experience such idiocy here.

I would throw in HDN.......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

The_Iceman

It is ridiculous that someone would do a thorough evaluation of both Morris and Norvell, and choose to protest Morris and not Norvell. Just shows many on here are distracted by shiny things.

King Kong

PharmacistHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 02, 2017, 06:58:38 am
It is ridiculous that someone would do a thorough evaluation of both Morris and Norvell, and choose to protest Morris and not Norvell. Just shows many on here are distracted by shiny things.

Morris is probably a great coach but lacks the excitement we need. His other knock will be trying to salvage this recruiting class (as will norvell). But the fans are excited about norvell (fairly or not) so he'll get more leeway from the fans on a slow rebuild. Morris will start out behind the 8-ball even though its really not fair. That's MY personal problem with morris.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Tony Perkis

porkerfinger

December 02, 2017, 07:18:55 am #38 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:29:36 am by porkerfinger
Kiffin, Leach, Malzahn, Morris, Norvell, Strong, Venables

I don't think there would be a compelling reason to protest any of the above.

MC_Hog

If it's Gus watch about a 1/3 to 1/2 of your season ticket holders not renew their season tickets

Tony Perkis

Quote from: MC_Hog on December 02, 2017, 07:35:30 am
If it's Gus watch about a 1/3 to 1/2 of your season ticket holders not renew their season tickets
Absolutely would not happen. Ticket sales would increase immediately after he was announced.

secfan30

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 07:02:37 am
Morris is probably a great coach but lacks the excitement we need. His other knock will be trying to salvage this recruiting class (as will norvell). But the fans are excited about norvell (fairly or not) so he'll get more leeway from the fans on a slow rebuild. Morris will start out behind the 8-ball even though its really not fair. That's MY personal problem with morris.

You are right with Morris, he starts behind the 8 ball. His offense put up a 3,000 yard passer, a 1,000 yard rusher and 2 1,000 yard receivers. That would be a fun offense to watch, yet so many are down on him without knowing or acknowledging all the facts.

The_Iceman

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 07:02:37 am

So we have to make a hire based on the intelligence level and emotional atatus of our fanbase? Not a smart move.

I would be happy with Morris, Norvell, Kiffin, etc. But dismissing Morris and trying to sabotage him isn't a smart move by members of our fanbase.

Dark Helmet Hog

No matter the coach, we should hold on to our beer. Let Tennessee have this one.   

PharmacistHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 02, 2017, 08:01:32 am
So we have to make a hire based on the intelligence level and emotional atatus of our fanbase? Not a smart move.

I would be happy with Morris, Norvell, Kiffin, etc. But dismissing Morris and trying to sabotage him isn't a smart move by members of our fanbase.

Even recognizing we have some dumbasses in our fanbase, we still need their asses in the seats. A boring hire doesn't accomplish that. An empty stadium doesn't generate revenue. Morris would probably build a nice and steady program but fans are impatient right now after the last six years (and deservedly so). Can't fault anybody for wanting an exciting hire.

GuvHog

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 02, 2017, 07:37:04 am
Absolutely would not happen. Ticket sales would increase immediately after he was announced.

Not so. Too many fans remember what happened in 2006 involving Gus and they won't forget.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Boar War

Quote from: GuvHog on December 02, 2017, 08:10:38 am
Not so. Too many fans remember what happened in 2006 involving Gus and they won't forget.

Outside of a few families in Springdale I've  never understood being angry with Gus about what happened in 2006.  What did he do that would make 1/2 of our fans not renew?

JONAS

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 08:09:18 am
Even recognizing we have some dumbasses in our fanbase, we still need their asses in the seats. A boring hire doesn't accomplish that. An empty stadium doesn't generate revenue. Morris would probably build a nice and steady program but fans are impatient right now after the last six years (and deservedly so). Can't fault anybody for wanting an exciting hire.

Yep.  They have to get this right. 

HogFansReunited

Quote from: MC_Hog on December 02, 2017, 07:35:30 am

I am guessing you are not a season ticket holder....
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

secfan30

Quote from: The Boar War on December 02, 2017, 08:21:52 am
Outside of a few families in Springdale I've  never understood being angry with Gus about what happened in 2006.  What did he do that would make 1/2 of our fans not renew?

I've always believed it wasn't necessarily him, but some of his followers who put a bad taste in peoples mouth.