Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SI: Just days before he was hospitalized, Ric Flair told us about his struggles

Started by jbcarol, August 19, 2017, 07:16:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

SI Extra Mustard‏Verified account @SI_ExtraMustard

Just days before he was hospitalized, Ric Flair told us about his struggles with alcohol

QuoteLeave it to Ric Flair to have a false finish with death.

The "Dirtiest Player in the Game" has cheated again, and this time the opponent was his own mortality.

Flair was rushed to the hospital last Saturday at an undisclosed Georgia hospital, yet put his boot on the ropes before the referee could count to three.

Upon medical attention, what was thought to be an intestinal blockage wound up requiring part of his bowel be removed.

"I had one vice," admitted Flair. "I'm not going to point my finger at anybody else. My vice was drinking. I didn't have any pain issues, addiction problems, marijuana, cocaine, nothing like that. It's a fact that I kept myself up all night and always had a good time."

"It doesn't surprise me that Ric kicked out at two-and-a-half," said Terry Funk, who was one of Flair's fiercest rivals and remains his longtime friend. "That's all I wanted. I didn't want to say goodbye to my friend."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The OTR

We almost lost a good one last week, boys....we almost lost a good one. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Uncle Remus

I read today where Jerry Lawler did a podcast this week where he said that Flair was given a 20% chance of surviving the surgery that saved his life.  He kicked out big time.