Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love watching the fire squad squirm?

Started by luke hawg, October 28, 2017, 06:35:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

We beat coastal and we are 4-5 with a win streak. What if this team wins one unexpectedly and beats Missouri at home then goes to the turd bowl to play a sunbelt team. 7-6 season with another mediocre bowl win despite major injuries.

checkraiser88

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:35:44 pm
We beat coastal and we are 4-5 with a win streak. What if this team wins one unexpectedly and beats Missouri at home then goes to the turd bowl to play a sunbelt team. 7-6 season with another mediocre bowl win despite major injuries.

You saying BB should be SEC Coach of the year if we make a bowl game?

HouSwine

They love Musical Chairs too much to squirm.

rhames

I'm glad we won but it will be tough to get to 5 wins let alone 6.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

onebadrubi

Just so understand clearly, lukehawg and houswine, y'all think Bielema is doing a good job and should keep his job?

The Pulse

This is like some strange reverse cynicism.

luke hawg

It doesn't matter what I think. I just live in reality and know we aren't firing him if he makes a bowl game.

checkraiser88

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:41:11 pm
It doesn't matter what I think. I just live in reality and know we aren't firing him if he makes a bowl game.

Where does your reality go to when he doesn't make a bowl game? ???

Dr. Starcs

Thanks for posting Jen

rhames

Well yeah. I'm pretty sure most people feel that way.

Getting to a bowl will still be hard though. Would have to win 2 out of our last 3.

Miss State and LSU are likely loses.

Missorui will be tough too.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

onebadrubi

Oh cut the reality crap, reality is you don't know yet you aren't going to put an opinion out there so you can feel as if you were right no matter what.   

Reality is only as good in this business as the day is long. 

ballz2thewall

yeah, an ole miss victory changes everything.
The rest of the frog.

luke hawg

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 06:43:22 pm
Where does your reality go to when he doesn't make a bowl game? ???

I don't think it's probable but that's where all the angst is coming from "fear"

luke hawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 28, 2017, 06:43:44 pm
Oh cut the reality crap, reality is you don't know yet you aren't going to put an opinion out there so you can feel as if you were right no matter what.   

Reality is only as good in this business as the day is long.

I'll say this I hate our fanbase. We suck and deserve what we get.

LZH

checkraiser88

grayhawg

Reaching a bowl game will be one of the points Jeff makes when he goes before upper management with a contract extension, nice pay raise and new buyout on behalf of Bielema.  Man we had all those injuries and you know, no other team in football ever has injuries.  Bret hung onto the rope and had them playing for the helmet.  This 5 year extension and half mil pay increase with a new 20 Mil buyout is respectable.

You do realize there isn't a Jr College in Arkansas that could beat OM and very damn few in Mississippi.

grayhawg

Quote from: 12247 on October 28, 2017, 06:50:07 pm
Reaching a bowl game will be one of the points Jeff makes when he goes before upper management with a contract extension, nice pay raise and new buyout on behalf of Bielema.  Man we had all those injuries and you know, no other team in football ever has injuries.  Bret hung onto the rope and had them playing for the helmet.  This 5 year extension and half mil pay increase with a new 20 Mil buyout is respectable.
Doubt it works this time.

LRHawg

:puke:

Atlhogfan1

We still aren't in a good place big picture. I did enjoy today. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: luke hawg on October 28, 2017, 06:47:09 pm

Which ones?  The minority that are hardcore and over the edge a little, which defines fan?  Or the social butterfly's enjoying their alumni on a fall weekend?

HighcountryHog

You can't polish a turd. And this program is a steaming pile.
no bumps, no fat chicks

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HighcountryHog on October 28, 2017, 06:53:25 pm
You can't polish a turd. And this program is a steaming pile.

It was polished today. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Sundog

Don't forget the: "we need to show continuity and headcoach job security for recruiting purposes".

grayhawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2017, 06:54:42 pm
It was polished today. 
The shine will come off when we play LSU and Miss State

hog911

Jeff is that you?  Oh probably one of your paid minions. Your support is as fishy as Ron Jeremy's mustache! I hate Long gobblers!

HighcountryHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2017, 06:54:42 pm
It was polished today. 

No, BB just sprinkled some glitter on it.  It's still the same old, stinky pile.
no bumps, no fat chicks

hoglady

Just because he won't be fired, doesn't mean he shouldn't be fired.
But I guess as long as folks are OK with 5 and 6 win seasons with an occasional 8 win that's fine.
Some of us think we can do better.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

rzrbackramsfan

:puke:

alohawg

Quote from: hoglady on October 28, 2017, 07:09:11 pm
But I guess as long as folks are OK with 5 and 6 win seasons with an occasional 8 win that's fine.

Arkansas is not getting their money's worth with anything less than a 9 win season average with the occasional run at an SEC title.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HouSwine

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 28, 2017, 06:38:54 pm
Just so understand clearly, lukehawg and houswine, y'all think Bielema is doing a good job and should keep his job?
You don't understand clearly. You think he should be fired tonight, then?

hoglady

Bielema may get another year - but I highly doubt Jeff Long would extend his contract or give him raise.
He is not a total moron.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Put Bielema at any other SEC school not named Vanderbilt or Kentucky and he wouldn't have seen this season.
He would have been run out of town last year.

David†

Quote from: HouSwine on October 28, 2017, 07:22:16 pm
You don't understand clearly. You think he should be fired tonight, then?

Lol. Nice dodge. The old question with a question. Classic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

There is nothing that can be done that will convince any of us that Bielema must not go.

He's proven over and over again that he is not capable of leading the program to where we want to go.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Letsroll1200

I think we are the only fan base celebrating a 1-4 start in the SEC. I'm happy for the players but this head coach time is up.

Arkansas has to get serious about winning. Maybe if Bret can winn 2 out of the next 3 SEC games that Kansas or Kansas State can sell him to their fan base.

LZH

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 28, 2017, 07:30:04 pm
I think we are the only fan base celebrating a 1-4 start in the SEC. I'm happy for the players but this head coach time is up.

Arkansas has to get serious about winning. Maybe if Bret can winn 2 out of the next 3 SEC games that Kansas or Kansas State can sell him to their fan base.

He's perfect for TV.

HouSwine

Quote from: David† on October 28, 2017, 07:26:43 pm
Lol. Nice dodge. The old question with a question. Classic
Well Aristotle was my mentor....I've been around.

LZH

Quote from: HouSwine on October 28, 2017, 07:33:34 pm
Well Aristotle was my mentor....I've been around.

Yeah but he is getting long in the tooth. He has to be in his late 90s by now.

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: hoglady on October 28, 2017, 07:09:11 pm

It used to be 8 wins was considered an average season with anything better being considered a good season and anything less considered a bad season.
Now I guess 5-6 wins is considered average and anything better is considered good.
We have fallen a long way and if the sunshine pumpers have their way we will fall even further.

We came back and beat one of the worst teams in the sec by 1 point after being down 31-7 and they are pretending like we just won the superbowl and maybe CBB deserves another chance.
These people are either insanely stupid or they are being paid for their sunshine pumping otherwise know as paid shills.

To be honest I don't care what he does the rest of the season even if he wins out I want him gone.
Same story every year we lose most games at the start of the season and win a few at the end against terrible teams and that story sucks.

Time for a new story before this football program loses what little pride and dignity it has left.

Bubba's Bruisers

We are a terrible football team.  It's simple as that.  Sure, we've had some "hurdles", but we were bad before those.  If the OP can't see that, then okie-dokie. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

CDBHawg

I think we have to win 7 during the regular season to be bowl eligible. Coastal Carolina and Florida A&M only count as 1 win.

I don't see us being 7-5.

gchamblee

Your thread is going to be stampeded by the herd of idiots in an effort to prevent you from enjoying a hog victory.

LZH

Quote from: gchamblee on October 28, 2017, 07:37:53 pm
Your thread is going to be stampeded by the herd of idiots in an effort to prevent you from enjoying a hog victory.

Stop trying to spoil my fun! We won, but I still get to poke fun at people. I am in the zone brother.

EastTNHog

I'm confused by the title of the thread.  Do you love watching the fire squad squirm, or are you asking us if you do?

Rudy Baylor

gchamblee

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on October 28, 2017, 07:40:31 pm
Who's squirming?

if you are having trouble identifying them, a map wont do you much good.

forrest city joe

He has to go.Arkansas football should never be this bad.if 6 and 6,and 7 and 5,were good enough Nutt would still be the coach here.sorry but we need a new head coach.