Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First thing new AD

Started by txkhog, March 17, 2018, 01:38:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

txkhog

Should do is force Anderson to hire some quality Assistants. Rid the bench of the hanger on type we have now. Next let them coach and finally demand a huge upgrade in recruiting.

Oliver

Quote from: txkhog on March 17, 2018, 01:38:22 pm
Should do is force Anderson to hire some quality Assistants. Rid the bench of the hanger on type we have now. Next let them coach and finally demand a huge upgrade in recruiting.

If you are having to force a coach to make smart decisions, the coach isn't worth keeping around anymore. 

No different than forcing Nutt to hire Malzahn

Sivad

Quote from: txkhog on March 17, 2018, 01:38:22 pm
Should do is force Anderson to hire some quality Assistants. Rid the bench of the hanger on type we have now. Next let them coach.
So we just keep Anderson on as some type of honorarium to Nolan?

hawginbigd1

I think he should make a public statement about how the season ended was disappointing and that he has confidence in Coach Anderson to improve the performance going forward! In the coming weeks I/we will meet the coaches to see how we can make that happen. Then privately tell coach he has to upgrade his staff.

PonderinHog

I think he should tweet out all the assistants' dismissals.
Make Arkansas Great Again

txkhog

Quote from: Oliver on March 17, 2018, 01:39:44 pm
If you are having to force a coach to make smart decisions, the coach isn't worth keeping around anymore. 

No different than forcing Nutt to hire Malzahn

Exactly! Mike is stubborn to a fault. Mike honestly sees nothing wrong with his program. If was told to do this he wouldn't do it. Giving the AD more solid ground to clean house.

txkhog

Quote from: Sivad on March 17, 2018, 02:08:35 pm
So we just keep Anderson on as some type of honorarium to Nolan?

Far from that. Personally I wanted him gone long ago. If Anderson refused to make the changes, and he would, this gives the AD former ground to terminate.

Hollywood_HOGan

This was s once proud program that is now shrouded in mediocrity. Mike is better than what we had but that's it. He's a Houston nutt without all the slime. He's just good enough to keep his job but no real success.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 17, 2018, 04:32:55 pm
This was s once proud program that is now shrouded in mediocrity. Mike is better than what we had but that's it. He's a Houston nutt without all the slime. He's just good enough to keep his job but no real success.

Strong opinion from you.  It's ok with you we are critical now?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.