Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

450 SMC (Short Magnum Cartridge)

Started by 95_alum, August 17, 2014, 12:44:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

95_alum

August 17, 2014, 12:44:43 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:54:57 pm by 95_alum
Anyone have any experience with this round in your fully supported, 45ACP barrel? Data from DoubleTap's website shows their 255gr. hardcast going around 1030fps with 601 ft./lbs. of energy out of a 5" barrel. 6" barrel: 1120fps with 710 ft./lbs. of energy.
Compare that to Buffalo Bore's 255gr. 45ACP +P hardcast at 925fps with 484 ft./lbs. of energy.

Other than an after market barrel that fully supports the case, seems like the only thing a gen 3 Glock 21 needs is to replace the 17-lb. stock recoil spring with a 22-lb. spring.

What say ye?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

CallThemHawgs!

95_alum

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 29, 2014, 07:00:18 pm
What say ye?

Uh, get a 10mm

Thought about it. Going that route would require: conversion barrel, extractor, magazines plus the 22-lb. spring. I believe the G20 slide is heavier than a G21. Possible reliability issues may arise during cycling as a result. A G20 slide would eliminate that possibility.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: 95_alum on August 30, 2014, 06:05:49 am
Thought about it. Going that route would require: conversion barrel, extractor, magazines plus the 22-lb. spring. I believe the G20 slide is heavier than a G21. Possible reliability issues may arise during cycling as a result. A G20 slide would eliminate that possibility.

I bought a G29sf a couple years ago as my truck/hunting carry gun. Voila.

Love it. Can shoot mild loads at the range, and then heavy Buffalo Bore stuff when I might actually use it. Absolutely cannot beat that semi auto stopping power.