Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When do u start feed n d deer

Started by toshortrock, June 03, 2014, 03:30:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

toshortrock

i started in april, now i have put a little salt out,,and they lookin good on the camera
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

kodiakisland

Mother nature takes care of that around here.  Must suck to live somewhere you have to feed deer year round.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

95_alum

Mid to late August -when the trail cams go up.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

root_hawg

hawgwild child

I started in April with mineral blocks, just to see the progression of the bucks.  But late August for feed

Will Tom

White oaks start dropping acorns about the first of October.. Just go sit beside one.

grayhawg

Really the only reason to feed deer is to see what you have on your place, there are plenty of deer in Arkansas. I had to put a motion detector with a high pitch whistle to keep them out of the wife's flower beds.

oldman1015

the week before season. i let everyone else feed for two months and draw all the hogs and bears away.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: grayhawg on September 08, 2014, 09:28:15 pm
Really the only reason to feed deer is to see what you have on your place, there are plenty of deer in Arkansas. I had to put a motion detector with a high pitch whistle to keep them out of the wife's flower beds.

Would you send me the details of that system.  The fight with deer in our flower beds is ongoing with little success.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Virgil

September for me.  I only do it at one of my stand locations at my lease that's strictly for hogs.  The intent is to keep them there and not at my other 3 locations.  Seems to work out pretty well. 

I also feed at my house, which seems to keep them out of the flower beds.  I'll take a few of those deer each year for the freezer. :-)
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

AcornHunter

Quote from: grayhawg on September 08, 2014, 09:28:15 pm

Where, how much, is it worth it?  How far will it look?  How long does it squeal?  Would you buy another one?  If yes, what brand?

grayhawg

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bird-X-Yard-Gard-Ultrasonic-Animal-Repeller-YG/202021738

I have 4 one for each flower bed, not completely effective but close,. They do not work on Armadillos.

AcornHunter

thanks for the link, deer around here are a major headache til they are on the plate