Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas +1.5?

Started by checkraiser88, January 22, 2018, 10:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Feels like a trap bet for people that lock in UGA in this. I feel better about tomorrow!

yraciv

We're going to win a road game or two. This may be the one.

BannerMountainMan

Everybody don't forget the 5:30 start
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 23, 2018, 08:49:10 am
Everybody don't forget the 5:30 start

Thanks for the reminder! I was thinking 7pm.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Kevin

we know one poster will be watching to see if the hogs cover
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

widespreadsooie

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 22, 2018, 10:38:58 pm
Feels like a trap bet for people that lock in UGA in this. I feel better about tomorrow!

Exactly my thoughts. I think Vegas likes us tonight. I was expecting around a 4 point spread.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: checkraiser88 on January 22, 2018, 10:38:58 pm
Didn't you "bet it all" on Arkansas +6.5 vs UF
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Atlhogfan1

UGa gives up an avg of only 62 ppg at home.   3pt defense 30%, 28% at home. 

SEC Home games for UGa:
OM scored 60
Bama 46
SC 64 in a 7pt win

UGa has gotten to 70+ once in SEC play:  71-60 win over OM
Their other totals:  61(L), 65(W), 56(L), 57(L),61(W), 65(L)

I think the game gets decided by how much scoring UGa can get out of the FT line as they are near the top of the SEC in FTA per FGA.

Expect an ugly, non-entertaining game.  Hogs may have enough offense to win. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

raz1965

Seen a excerpt from Mark Fox press conference an he said are 3 point shooters would be hard to guard, that we had two if them. Who did he forget about Jones, Macon, or Barford.

draftkings33

I would take a 58-57 win right now

draftkings33

Quote from: raz1965 on January 23, 2018, 12:59:28 pm
Seen a excerpt from Mark Fox press conference an he said are 3 point shooters would be hard to guard, that we had two if them. Who did he forget about Jones, Macon, or Barford.
Probably Jones since he is shooting around 20 percent in SEC play. 

raz1965

Ok, 20 percent would be a cause of none concern, but just watching as a fan I tend to believe his  career numbers should be something of concern to opponents.

oldman1015

Never ever bet on or against the hogs. You end up betting with your heart instead of your head.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Paul

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 23, 2018, 01:50:11 pm
Never ever bet on or against the hogs. You end up betting with your heart instead of your head.
I lived in Hot Springs for 2 yrs & the local bb line was frequently skewed toward the Hogs 2-4 pts compared to the Vegas line.  I "middled" many games & did very well. Remember that betting lines are designed to generate bets.

phadedhawg

I don't feel good about any of the next 4 games. 

The_Iceman

FineAsSwine

Is the line out on OSU game yet?
Hogs up! Covid down!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 24, 2018, 08:25:47 am
Is the line out on OSU game yet?

It'll come out Fri. night. Expect it to be tight. My guess would be around Hogs -1.5.   

Atlhogfan1

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/mbb/2017-18/AR20.pdf

UGa ended up +12 in FTA's and +9 in FTM.

Hogs finally causing some turnovers: 17 with 8 steals.  13 vs OM including 9 steals.  Those extra possessions and +5 FGA's helped.  11-23 from 3 against a team giving up 30% from 3 on the season.  Great job hitting shots.  Hit shots and this team can overcome a lot of mistakes and deficiencies.

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.