Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 06:19:22 am

Nolan Richardson Court

Started by NWAHog479, November 15, 2017, 10:32:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

Now that Jeff Long is out, name the court after the coach that brought you a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. It is time.

FineAsSwine

Was Jeff Long opposed to the idea of naming the court after Nolan?

razorhead94

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 15, 2017, 11:48:38 am
Was Jeff Long opposed to the idea of naming the court after Nolan?

This...Jeff has done more to bring Nolan back than anyone.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

J-Five

The OP is soooo misinformed.  Jeff Long wasn't holding up the process.  In my opinion, the person that influenced that decision is no longer with us...
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

hawgball40

Quote from: J-Five on November 15, 2017, 11:54:38 am
The OP is soooo misinformed.  Jeff Long wasn't holding up the process.  In my opinion, the person that influenced that decision is no longer with us...
I agree, but its probably best to leave that off this board. respect for the dead and all...

The_Iceman

I think the responses to the OP say it all.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 15, 2017, 01:15:54 pm
#NolanForAD

Frank wouldn't just roll over in his grave, he would jump outta that mothersucker!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 15, 2017, 01:19:08 pm
Frank wouldn't just roll over in his grave, he would jump outta that mothersucker!
and I'd jump for joy
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 15, 2017, 01:19:49 pm
and I'd jump for joy

Well, you better find some other reasons for joy, that's not going to happen. Not in this life or the next.

1highhog

Little Lady Back

Quote from: J-Five on November 15, 2017, 11:54:38 am
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hawgball40

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 15, 2017, 01:15:54 pm
#NolanForAD
I love Nolan dearly, but i'm not sure he's fit at this point in his life to be an AD. He's pretty old, and with old age comes challenges that would make such a demanding job hard for a person of his age. I do agree with doing something in Nolan's honor though. i like the op's idea, name the court after him.

NWAHog479

Sure Jeff Long didn't hold up the process, but he also did not get the court named after Nolan either. Next AD, make it happen...

WorfHog

I don't think Jeff was opposed to it. I think the guys who worked to get Long fired probably are.

JONAS

And bring back the slobbering hog at midcourt.

BigK_HogHeaven

The new AD should finally do the right thing and name the court after Nolan. It's passed time.

Hawgndaaz

next season is the 25 year reunion. I'd bet 100 it happens then.

Mr. Porkleone

Doubt it. The GOBN will never forget the mud that Bolan drug they with lawsuit. Banner is all will ever get

Letsroll1200

Norm Stewart has a statue outside their stadium. Did Norm Stewart win a national championship at Mizzou? It's past time to honor Nolan Richardson at Arkansas with a name on the court of a statue. He was Arkansas Razorbacks in the late 80's and early 90's. Razorback basketball under his leadership carried the program.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 16, 2017, 08:53:08 am
The new AD should finally do the right thing and name the court after Nolan. It's passed time.
Dilly Dilly
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

A little off the basketball subject, but McFadden needs a statue too
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 16, 2017, 11:36:13 am
A little off the basketball subject, but McFadden needs a statue too
McFadden said he wanted to be the AD HAHA

Athog

Quote from: NWAHog479 on November 15, 2017, 10:32:35 am
Now that Jeff Long is out, name the court after the coach that brought you a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. It is time.

Jeff did more to bring Nolan and the U of A together than anyone!

PorkRinds

What we need is a other Nolan Richardson Court post.

rwspear

bwa is the house that nolan built. its ridiculous and petty that his name isnt on the court.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 16, 2017, 01:20:58 pm
I'm going to post another NOLAN RICHARDSON COURT thread , just to piss off the mods.     LMAO!    ;D
:(
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

AugustaHog

Quote from: JONAS on November 15, 2017, 08:45:46 pm
This X a million.  That was the best looking center court in all of basketball and it wasn't even close.  The new logo looks fine, but slobberin' Hog was classic and should never have been removed.

hawgball40

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 16, 2017, 01:59:48 pm
This X a million.  That was the best looking center court in all of basketball and it wasn't even close.  The new logo looks fine, but slobberin' Hog was classic and should never have been removed.
+1

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 16, 2017, 01:20:58 pm
I'm going to post another NOLAN RICHARDSON COURT thread , just to piss off the mods.     LMAO!    ;D

Why would we be upset???
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Albert Einswine

Slobberin' Hog was the logo embodiment of Razorback basketball. It was an idiotic decision to remove it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

greenEGnHAWGS

So...maybe I'm just too young to want the slobbering hog as the staple for our court. I think it'd be awesome as a throwback night with the old style jerseys. But I love our current logo on the court. I saw it mentioned once before here, but the slobbering hog is fairly cartoonish. Yes. It's very iconic for one of the best teams AR has ever produced on the court, but the current logo looks sharp and mean, and more iconic to what this team is now.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

bolo1010

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 17, 2017, 09:12:46 am
So...maybe I'm just too young to want the slobbering hog as the staple for our court. I think it'd be awesome as a throwback night with the old style jerseys. But I love our current logo on the court. I saw it mentioned once before here, but the slobbering hog is fairly cartoonish. Yes. It's very iconic for one of the best teams AR has ever produced on the court, but the current logo looks sharp and mean, and more iconic to what this team is now.

I agree with this.  I know the slobbering hog is a reminder of how good our program once was but it would look outdated at this day and age.  But I do think they should put the slobbering hog logo somewhere in the arena where it is seen and give nostalgia to the teams that once was.  Let the new generation have their own thing.  Although If they could make a version of the slobbering hog that didn't look cartoonish and more dated and not just butcher I wouldn't mind that.  But it's just my opinion that our court looks good the way it is.  As soon as they rename it for the man that built it.

AugustaHog

It was a ton more impressive to say Al Dillard hammered home a 3 from the hog snout back in the old days.  The new logo is a good bit bigger and the hog snout is fairly close to the 3 pt. line.  That was a great time and certainly holds a special place for me.  Perhaps that is why I prefer that logo.  It is my favorite of all our logos even though I love the running Hog too.  That logo just embodied the nasty spirit our teams played with back in the 80s and 90s.  It is an appropriate representation of how we play under Coach Anderson too.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JONAS on November 15, 2017, 08:45:46 pm
Please shut up about this.  The current hog is the best hog we have.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

010HogFan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 17, 2017, 12:03:39 pm
Please shut up about this.  The current hog is the best hog we have.

wrong.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hawgphat

I recall VERY CLEARLY what was said back in the day - and who said it.  I won't drag that old scab open again; - but it's still there for many of us.

I may be old, but I'm not senile.  My memory for detail remains quite sharp.  Enough said.

:-X

010HogFan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on November 17, 2017, 02:55:56 pm
This thread is now in the trash where it belongs.

Cool. Bring back Slobberin' Hog.