Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is WilsonHog?

Started by Karma, March 12, 2017, 09:45:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan4life

Where are a lot of posters that were on here bashing MA and the team with every missed shot and turnover?  Some simply have little to complain about at the moment.

jdlew

Every sensible Razorback BB fan was at the end of their rope with MA...but he has made the tournament...that is a really good thing for Razorback fans...now let's see if he can build on it the next year and the next....What I like is that he has adjusted and stopped playing the kamikaze defense for 40 minutes...A win today would be great!!

PharmacistHog

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 12, 2017, 10:02:56 am
Where are a lot of posters that were on here bashing MA and the team with every missed shot and turnover?  Some simply have little to complain about at the moment.

theres no reason to bash mike right now. He turned things around. You guys need to just let it go. And Wilson usually retires to the baseball forum once baseball season starts.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

GlassofSwine

The majority of posters including myself just want Mike to win. When you play with the lack of effort this team did in 3 out of 4 games vs; OSU, Vandy and Missouri. Mike deserved the criticism, he obviously righted the ship to end the season. Winning 8 of 9 to finish is strong, making the finals of the SEC tourney is great. If he wins today than he will no doubt have silenced the majority of critics for the time being and any criticism in the near future will be silly.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: jdlew on March 12, 2017, 10:11:26 am
Every sensible Razorback BB fan was at the end of their rope with MA...but he has made the tournament...that is a really good thing for Razorback fans...now let's see if he can build on it the next year and the next....What I like is that he has adjusted and stopped playing the kamikaze defense for 40 minutes...A win today would be great!!

Sensible ? As if. People who were bashing our program before the season even had a chance to play out are a lot of things. Sensible isn't one of them.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 12, 2017, 10:31:19 am
theres no reason to bash mike right now. He turned things around. You guys need to just let it go. And Wilson usually retires to the baseball forum once baseball season starts.

Now there are two reasons to love Hog baseball.  :razorback:

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 10:40:07 am
No doubt, you see the green sky.

I see a blue sky. Green is what I'm smoking.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 12, 2017, 10:38:05 am
Sensible ? As if. People who were bashing our program before the season even had a chance to play out are a lot of things. Sensible isn't one of them.

Coaches make millions. They are grown. They can take and deserve some criticism now and then. Fans are emotional. It just goes with being a fan. I never was saying fire mike but after that horrid stretch I had my doubts. I just felt the season was about to crash. Just being honest.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 12, 2017, 10:38:05 am

He makes 2 million dollars a year, he is the 2nd highest paid state employee in Arkansas. When the team struggles to play with consistency then he deserves criticism. Guess what when he delivers he gets raises and extensions for his performance. I don't feel sorry for him and I doubt he feels sorry for himself.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 10:40:07 am
No doubt, you see the green sky.

Its foolish to bash a coach who has improved from what was a decent start to his career here. The SEC has had a lot of problems. Officiating was bad and the conference wasn't getting as many teams in the tourney as it has deserved. We should have been in the tournament at least one other year. As it is Mike improved his record every single year up to the one bad year. He had to bring in 7 new faces and get some jucos to adjust pretty quick. Yet people wanted the guy fired. Nothing at all sensible about that. A lot of the times its the same people who want to give an idiot football coach all the time he wants. Thats the problem with message boards though. You have to take the good with the bad. When someone is put in a position of authority they should at least have the patience to let the season play out before calling for the coaches head.

Now thats just my opinion. Nobody's perfect. But come on. Even when we are struggling you can see the coaching. Mike gets more out of his kids than anyone i've ever seen. But lets fire him and bring back Pelphrey.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: PharmacistHog on March 12, 2017, 10:42:58 am
Coaches make millions. They are grown. They can take and deserve some criticism now and then. Fans are emotional. It just goes with being a fan. I never was saying fire mike but after that horrid stretch I had my doubts. I just felt the season was about to crash. Just being honest.

I can appreciate that. And I'm impressed that you don't hide it. Honestly I never had any doubts. That is not to say that we couldn't hire a better coach. We probably could. But I don't want to give up on Mike until he's shown me for sure that he can't get it done. And he may not. But the way his team moves the ball has always impressed me. He focuses hard on defense, but its not easy to play defense with all the freedom of movement crap. I appreciate your honest response.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 12, 2017, 10:43:02 am
  He makes 2 million dollars a year, he is the 2nd highest paid state employee in Arkansas. When the team struggles to play with consistency then he deserves criticism. Guess what when he delivers he gets raises and extensions for his performance. I don't feel sorry for him and I doubt he feels sorry for himself.

Yes he makes a lot of money. And I'm sure he doesn't care what a bunch of hogville posters think. And sure he deserves criticism when the team isn't performing. But at some point people should try to look at things honestly. Get over their hangups over Nolan and his mistakes and support Mike. There is a certain type of poster on here that doesnt want to give Mike a chance. This team had jucos in major starting roles. Its fair to give the man time to get those guys in his system. Its not fair to bash the man before the season is over.

Hawg Red

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 10:26:37 am
At the moment, no.  Over the last few games, no.   

This team has still only beaten teams it should.  Let's see what it can do now.

Starting now is when the narrative can be addressed.

We were supposed to lose at South Carolina and to Vanderbilt yesterday. And if you disagree, take it up with the oddsmakers in Vegas. We weren't supposed to go 8-1 (and counting?) after that Vanderbilt loss. There is no way nor any measure by which you can make that claim.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 12, 2017, 10:55:10 am
We were supposed to lose at South Carolina and to Vanderbilt yesterday. And if you disagree, take it up with the oddsmakers in Vegas. We weren't supposed to go 8-1 (and counting?) after that Vanderbilt loss. There is no way nor any measure by which you can make that claim.

Its like beating a dead horse. They get it. Thats why they keep moving the goal post. Its easier to do than it is to just say hey man I was wrong. I can respect a man who admits he was wrong. But the ones who keep changing the narrative ? Screw em, with the F word.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 12, 2017, 10:26:37 am
At the moment, no.  Over the last few games, no.   

This team has still only beaten teams it should.  Let's see what it can do now.

Starting now is when the narrative can be addressed.   

Go figure, one of the most negative posters on here chooses a game that we are -8 to a projected Elite 8 or Final 4 team to say the narrative will be addressed. Can we win yes, is this game what defines this window of our season.....hell no.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 12, 2017, 10:54:29 am
Yes he makes a lot of money. And I'm sure he doesn't care what a bunch of hogville posters think. And sure he deserves criticism when the team isn't performing. But at some point people should try to look at things honestly. Get over their hangups over Nolan and his mistakes and support Mike. There is a certain type of poster on here that doesnt want to give Mike a chance. This team had jucos in major starting roles. Its fair to give the man time to get those guys in his system. Its not fair to bash the man before the season is over.

Why do you have expectations for how fans should behave? The vast majority just want Mike to win. It is a very small minority that hates Mike because of Nolan. I supported Mike consistently until this season, I even enjoyed watching last years team play. However, this team struggled to play with any heart. They looked absolutely flat against Miss State, OSU, Missouri and Vandy. He deserved criticism for that stretch of games. From my perspective my support waned not by the games we lost but had badly we played in those games. He's turned it around and restored some of my lost faith.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 12, 2017, 10:59:51 am
Its like beating a dead horse. They get it. Thats why they keep moving the goal post. Its easier to do than it is to just say hey man I was wrong. I can respect a man who admits he was wrong. But the ones who keep changing the narrative ? Screw em, with the F word.

The narrative is simple, the expectation for Arkansas is to make the tourney every year and to be in contention for the SEC championship every year. That doesn't mean you have to be in the SEC championship game every year but it does mean you should be Top 3-4 in conference every year. At this point Mike has hit expectations, not exceeded them. Of course the season is still ongoing so he could still beat expectations.  Your expectations are based on what the media says our program should be every year, my expectations are based on what Arkansas's Bball history has shown to be possible.

The_Iceman

March 12, 2017, 11:18:48 am #19 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:43:48 am by The_Iceman

Still here. Enjoying the winning. Didn't see it being down 12 at last place LSU sitting at 17-7, but glad it turned around .

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 12, 2017, 11:18:48 am
Still here. Enjoying the winning. Didn't see it coming down 12 at last place LSU sitting at 17-7, but glad it turned around .

LSU as an opponent came at the perfect time to get right and regain confidence. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 12, 2017, 11:18:07 am
  The narrative is simple, the expectation for Arkansas is to make the tourney every year and to be in contention for the SEC championship every year. That doesn't mean you have to be in the SEC championship game every year but it does mean you should be Top 3-4 in conference every year. At this point Mike has hit expectations, not exceeded them. Of course the season is still ongoing so he could still beat expectations.  Your expectations are based on what the media says our program should be every year, my expectations are based on what Arkansas's Bball history has shown to be possible.

Tim is one of multiple accounts created during the season with the same messages.  Don't get trolled. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hobhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 12, 2017, 11:18:48 am
Still here. Enjoying the winning. Didn't see it coming down 12 at last place LSU sitting at 17-7, but glad it turned around .

Crazy season. MA goes from edge of cliff to hang gliding his way to security. It has been an impressive run and I'm happy. Was looking at other coaching options just a few weeks ago.

PonderinHog

Why do y'all insist on poking the bear?   ::)

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: GlassofSwine on March 12, 2017, 11:18:07 am

Hilarious.. You are telling me what my expectations are based on now ? Wow. Magnanimous P. ick.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 12, 2017, 11:22:19 am
Tim is one of multiple accounts created during the season with the same messages.  Don't get trolled.

I'm not a troll. I support the team. The trolls are the ones calling for the coaches head midseason. But go ahead with your agenda.